Sziget 2022

Matt86

9 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

image.thumb.png.97510bb24db605c6faeeebbf53721621.png

I know we've mentioned that it's much easier for DJs to go from one side of the world to the other... but Diplo is in Florida smack bang in the middle of Sziget. Makes it a bit difficult for Major Lazer to be there no?

I believe Dua Lipa is headlining on the Wednesday at Sziget, KOL the Thursday and AM on the Monday. 

If I'm right, I'd say that pretty much rules out Major Lazer as they could only do the Friday or Sunday if Diplo is in Miami on the Saturday. And, with a 12 hour flight time, I can't imagine him wanting to do that commute!

It feels like good news, until you realise we might be getting Bieber instead! Lol

Edited by swelsbyuk

13 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

image.thumb.png.97510bb24db605c6faeeebbf53721621.png

I know we've mentioned that it's much easier for DJs to go from one side of the world to the other... but Diplo is in Florida smack bang in the middle of Sziget. Makes it a bit difficult for Major Lazer to be there no?

That is them out then.

How are we doing now?

Calvin Harris

pop headliner

Tama Impala

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

That is them out then.

How are we doing now?

Calvin Harris

pop headliner

Tama Impala

I think those two are nailed on, along with Anne-Marie and, more than likely, Sam Fender.

Other strong candidates are:

Fever 333 (announced last time and playing nearby festivals at the time of Sziget)

Glass Animals (announced last time and Leaks 'liked' the glass animals photo posted earlier in the week)

Other possibles based on location and availability and Sziget-feels:

Maneskin

Future Islands

Nothing But Thieves

Michael Kiwanuka

First Aid Kit

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Fred again..

and literally dozens of others! Lol

33 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I really hope not but can't see where he'd play tbh if all others guesses are correct. You'd assume that he would expect to, at least, be a sub - but who for?

Subbing for AM, or as that been decided?

AM

Liam

Fontaines

That would be rather pleasent. 

31 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

This is what I could gather from their websites/songkick but:

Wed Aug 10 - Lewis Capaldi - Dua Lipa (Also Alan Walker)

Thurs Aug 11 - Bastille - KOL

Fri Aug 12 - ?? - ?? (Also Woodkid)

Sat Aug 13 - ?? - ??

Sun Aug 14 - ?? - ?? (Also Caribou)

Mon Aug 15 - ?? - Arctic Monkeys

Possible names to fill the spots…

Calvin Harris , Justin Bieber , Tame Impala , Foals , Anne Marie , Michael , First Aid Kit, Nothing But Thieves , Maneskin, Future Islands , Glass Animals , Labirinth, Offenbach….

3 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

OMFG why do they need to be 14 in this band ..? they like Butter, good for them

Just did some research the cheapest tickets where in Amsterdam 85 euros and most expensive ones (VIP tickets excluded ) 210 euros. This band asks a lot of money I hope with all of my heart that SZiget didn’t book them.

51 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Im going to take the Sziget Express this time, ever used it @Dutchfestivaladdict ? only leaving from the Netherlands so..

Are you Dutch? ! No I am going by plane! But I would really to meet some people here …I know these are the real festival fans! Maybe we could start a group on discord or somewhere else for people interested !

37 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Are you Dutch? ! No I am going by plane! But I would really to meet some people here …I know these are the real festival fans! Maybe we could start a group on discord or somewhere else for people interested !

nop, but I wanted a fun way to travel with other sziget fans, and this "sziget express" is the best way I found ! ^^

Ok only a few hours left, and we are getting real leaks (because of promotionnal stuff send there and there) !

5 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

nop, but I wanted a fun way to travel with other sziget fans, and this "sziget express" is the best way I found ! ^^

Ok only a few hours left, and we are getting real leaks (because of promotionnal stuff send there and there) !

Few hours? 👀 I thought it was on Tuesday ? And where are the leaks!!