Sziget 2022

Matt86

Calvin Harris seems to be on board yep, even if I still hope for Armin Van Buuren.. do you guys think he is "too much " for Sziget fans ? 'cause I can't recall the last time he was there, and he's one of the best in the world so... 😕

Also, my hopes for Robin Schulz are over... after Biffy Clyro, another knife in my chest ... 😢 Avenged Sevenfold also killed me by cancelling their European trip this Summer... 😢

Axwell /Ingrosso, LUM!X, KSHMR to consolate me maybe ...? or some great rock acts .. ❤️

19 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Cheers for the updates, I'll amend my wishlist accordingly! Forgot to add Maneskin, who I reckon will be entertaining if chosen.  

Maneskin would indeed be nice, may the Gods of Festivals hear you 🙂

Edited by Matt86
lil' mistake ^^ ingrosso of course

22 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Axwell /Ingrosso, LUM!X, KSHMR to consolate me maybe ...? or some great rock acts .. ❤️

Maneskin would indeed be nice, may the Gods of Festivals hear you 🙂

I highly doubt Axwell/Ingrosso due to SHM return tour. KSHMR has been to Sziget before so his lack of appearance at Balaton may mean he has a Bacardi Arena space.

Manekskin are almost certainly in Tuesday's announcement IMO - they have Sziget written all over them.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, billybigballs said:

No clues for two days now, are we being rationed ahead of the announcement? @Sziget2022_Leaks

Leaks has only confirmed one name for Tuesday - Noga Erez. He hasn't been on-line since yesterday morning so I guess he's leaving us to our own devices until Monday.

He's also given clues to five of the biggest names in Tuesday's announcement, which the consensus thinks are: Harris, Impala, Bieber, Fender and Anne-Marie.

I notice he also 'liked' the image of the glass animals, so you can interpret that how you wish.

Even if all of these come about, that still leaves a further 23 names coming on Tuesday. Are there any obvious names we think are suitable who are also playing Lowlands, Oya, Way Out West, Summer Well etc?

Fred Again.. and Girl In Red seem to be 'next big things' so I'm predicting at least one of them.

Edited by swelsbyuk

5 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Leaks has only confirmed one name for Tuesday - Noga Erez. He hasn't been on-line since yesterday morning so I guess he's leaving us to our own devices until Monday.

I also think we've managed the hit the nail on the head with a considerable amount of predictions so Leaks is just going to keep it chill until Tuesday.

6 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Fred Again.. and Girl In Red seem to be 'next big things' so I'm predicting at least one of them.

I think Fred Again... will be in Tuesday's announcement, as will Michael Kiwanuka. What I also noticed recently is that Snow Patrol are in Europe this summer, it'd be great to have them over.

9 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

I also think we've managed the hit the nail on the head with a considerable amount of predictions so Leaks is just going to keep it chill until Tuesday.

I think Fred Again... will be in Tuesday's announcement, as will Michael Kiwanuka. What I also noticed recently is that Snow Patrol are in Europe this summer, it'd be great to have them over.

I'd missed SP were playing live this summer, but they're in Switzerland 4/8 and Belgium 7/8 so certainly around.

They get a bit of bad rap in the UK but I've always enjoyed their stuff.

Kiwanuka played second on main stage in 2019, is he big enough to move up from that position? Is he too chilled for A38 headliner?

Edited by swelsbyuk

17 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Even if all of these come about, that still leaves a further 23 names coming on Tuesday. Are there any obvious names we think are suitable who are also playing Lowlands, Oya, Way Out West, Summer Well etc?

Would like to see First Ait Kit get a A38 slot, they are playing high up at way out west and Oya. Logically the only date they could play is the 10th August though.

Would also like to see Gorillaz headline, have they been ruled out?

Same with Bright Eyes, but again there schedule might be a bit tight.

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Would like to see First Ait Kit get a A38 slot, they are playing high up at way out west and Oya. Logically the only date they could play is the 10th August though.

I think Gorillaz is ruled out few months ago. And that would be Sziget 2018 all over again with Dula Peep, Arctic Monkeys and Gorillaz 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thetime said:

I've seen FAK live a couple of times and each time they were exceptional. Being Swedish, their stock is far higher in Scandinavia so they could, possibly, play an early evening slot in A38 I should think. Would be good to see them again.

5 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Just like @ReljaGajić, I'd rather avoid acts from 2018 and 2019, we already have some (Jungle, Dua Lipa, AM, ...)

So no thank you to Kiwanuka and Gorillaz (even if, I admit it, I'd love to have KSHMR or Nothing But Thieves back... I'm a bit selfish guys... 😅🤗 )

My major wish is that Foals are announced. If they were one of the remaining 23 then I wouldn't care what the other 22 were! That said, I'm "not feeling it" and fear they aren't going to be on the island this year. Fingers crossed I'm wrong though.

• Like 2

No more headliners will be announced apart from the hints and that gives us 6 headliners. I would think Ann Marie and Sam would be high up on the bill but unsure if they would sub but I think they could.  Will Stormzy, Foals, snow patrol or whoever be there is the question. I am going for a rap act to be added. 

That would leave not many so called big names to be added but plenty that should be good all the same. Also who will fill the A83 stage, I went to see the go go dolls a few years ago and it was really good 

Leaks may jump on Monday with another few hints 🤞

Edited by Davidoff

As much as I like them, I really can't see Gorrilaz being with us this year.

However, I reckon Fred Again.. is as near as we can get to a cert at the moment.

Would love Liam G to be there but can't see where he would fit if all our other guesses are correct.

Think Maneskin are very likely to be there too. A38 headliner imho. Not big enough to sub.

Suspect the rest of the announcement will be random acts I've never heard of, just like the first one.

Loads from 2020 not named. Would've loved Of Monsters and Men but they don't seem to be touring at all this year.

Wonder if we'll get any others on Tuesday? Would like Foals (sorry, broken record), Glass Animals, Fever 333, Amyl, FKA Twigs. Genuinely not that bothered about most of the others tbh.

Sziget-Festival-Flyer-2020 (1).png

Edited by swelsbyuk

As storm Eunice is coming over I will share some of my hopes or possible names due to hints/leak.

New headliners:

Justin Bieber (big pop headliner)

Calvin Harris (big dj)

Tame Impala (indie headliner)

sub- headliners:

Anne Marie 

Foals

Sam fender

Other big names:

Maneskin , First Aid Kit , Girl In Red, Michael Kiwanuka. 

4 minutes ago, bunnyv said:

Do you guys think it’s significant which songs they use in their promo videos?

Definitely ! Normally a festival uses music of a artist which is going to perform there. It has always been the case for Pinkpop and I also it’s the case for SZiget. The last video …I still have to find which song that is. But the video before that was Bastille.