Sziget 2022

Matt86

7 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

That was said a few hours before Sziget posted a 1-week countdown to the next line-up so I guess it was a 'line-up sooner than you expect' kind of deal.

oooh right ^^

I've thought about the names we have been thinking of, and I really think The Who AND Justin Bieber are out...

The Whos' calendar doesn't fit... and Bieber being here in 2023 makes it weird to me, really...

So for the second picture, my bet is on Maroon 5, because of the single "She will be loved"... If someone can just confirm they've never been to Hungary..?

31 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

oooh right ^^

I've thought about the names we have been thinking of, and I really think The Who AND Justin Bieber are out...

The Whos' calendar doesn't fit... and Bieber being here in 2023 makes it weird to me, really...

So for the second picture, my bet is on Maroon 5, because of the single "She will be loved"... If someone can just confirm they've never been to Hungary..?

They haven’t 

• Like 1

I get that Maroon 5 are big and everything, but is it really possible that sziget would be teasing us, promising a "MEGA" act, just to announce them as a headliner? In mid 2021 sziget's CEO said in an interview that "they'll surely manage to book the biggest name we expect". I really hope he wasn't talking about Maroon 5 😅

1 hour ago, rgvili said:

@Sziget2022_Leaks I believe the most helpful clue to this forum right now is wether it's Bieber or not😬

Leaks only gives definitive no's, never a definitive yes. And he gives the no's very rarely.

He's not responded to any of the guesses so far, so he's not really giving anything away. So, we don't actually know anything.

The guitar might be a really expensive one - a 'star guitar' perhaps? And then we are onto The Chemical Brothers rather than Sam Fender.

That's the fun of it!!!

p.s I know others disagree, but I am 99% sure it's Bieber. But will be extremely happy if I'm wrong!!

I think they will announce most off the acts next week.  I am sure that Ann Marie who is playing a festival along the road at the same time and Sam Fender are stick ons. They are both doing the festival thing this summer and a great add in my view. 

AS for the Headliners I am dropping the Who and going for Calvin Harris, Bieber and Tame. I think they are new and different not my choice but they will be a big draw.  Stormzy and Foals as sub but Sam may have replaced the Foals.  

I would love the Who but I just cant see it with those clues.  I can still see a 80s 90s act Keane that was lined up coming along but I am showing my age 🙂 

😄 So 100% sure about Anne-Marie and Sam Fender.

And still hesitations for the first 3 pictures (Calvin Harris, Glass Animals, The Who, Justin fuckin' Bieber, Tame Impala, ...? ) Also, the "very shortly" clue, any ideas ..?

1 minute ago, Davidoff said:

I think they will announce most off the acts next week.  I am sure that Ann Marie who is playing a festival along the road at the same time and Sam Fender are stick ons. They are both doing the festival thing this summer and a great add in my view. 

AS for the Headliners I am dropping the Who and going for Calvin Harris, Bieber and Tame. I think they are new and different not my choice but they will be a big draw.  Stormzy and Foals as sub but Sam may have replaced the Foals.  

Sam Fender seems like a certainty but if it isn't Foals, we may actually get Megan Thee Stallion (who's in Europe and doing R+L) since Leaks posted the 🐴🚿 hint. I still think that Foals are more likely since they were also booked for 2020.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Sam Fender seems like a certainty but if it isn't Foals, we may actually get Megan Thee Stallion (who's in Europe and doing R+L) since Leaks posted the 🐴🚿 hint. I still think that Foals are more likely since they were also booked for 2020.

The "shower the horse" image is 100% certain in my mind = Anne Marie.

Elephants image = 100% Tame Impala after they were announced for Way Out West the same weekend at Sziget.

Love Yourself image = 95% certain it's Bieber. Too many things line up for it not to be.

Guitar = Hopefully, fingers crossed, it's Sam Fender. 80% certain.

Ocean/beach image = 70% Calvin Harris. Could be anyone really with such a generic image, but CH was announced previously and Summer was one of his biggest hits. Plus, no EDM headliner announced or hinted at elsewhere.

Only issue among all this is the lack of a rap headliner but maybe that ship has sailed for 2022.

4 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Only issue among all this is the lack of a rap headliner but maybe that ship has sailed for 2022.

With Princess Nokia, Little Simz, Yung Lean, Ronnie Flex, slowthai and Riles on the bill as hip-hop acts (with more to be announced probably), it's kinda weird how we may not have a proper rap/hip-hop headliner. Denzel Curry was on the bill in 2020.

15 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

They may not have had the big rap names available  or at the right price. Maybe with Stormzy and someone like Dave or AJ Tracy in the mix.  I said all along a Rapper as a Headliner but I think I could be wrong. . . .Again

Dave just announced earlier today for Way Out West, same weekend as Sziget. He's also headlining R&L this year so certainly about and playing.

Does he have a following in mainland Europe? Or is he like Stormzy and headliner level in UK but late-afternoon main stage act at Sziget?

Edited by swelsbyuk

Just now, swelsbyuk said:

Dave just announced earlier today for Way Out West, same weekend as Sziget. He's also headlining R&L this year so certainly about and playing.

Does he have a following in mainland Europe? Or is he like Stormzy and headliner level in UK but late-afternoon main stage act at Sziget?

He also just won a Brit and is making major ground in Europe, I doubt that he would be booked as a headliner at Sziget tho. 

7 hours ago, bestdamn said:

I get that Maroon 5 are big and everything, but is it really possible that sziget would be teasing us, promising a "MEGA" act, just to announce them as a headliner? In mid 2021 sziget's CEO said in an interview that "they'll surely manage to book the biggest name we expect". I really hope he wasn't talking about Maroon 5 😅

BIGGEST name we can expect ? hmm... i'm sorry, but considering AC/DC do not perform in festivals anymore, I would say the Rolling Stones is the biggest act I can think of. And so I don't believe it lol.

The Weeknd surely is one of the most popular act of the moment, but in this category so many names could be "the biggest name we can expect"..

I suppose the next Sziget wave of names will be the same day as a very popular artist will announce a Tour.. On Tuesday ? so maybe leaks on Monday lol...

43 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I can only speak for Hungary,but no one really knows here who Dave is,probably  besides a niche group.