Sziget 2022

Matt86

Damn how strong the imagination can be lol, so much (good) ideas lol ^^

For example, to me the beach photo makes me think of Glass animals "heat waves" or Robin Schulz "Waves", but Calvin Harris's "Summer" hit could also fit !

the second one absolutely no one lol ( even if you guys might be right about Bieber...fuck. lol)

and the third one Cage the Elephant , or Tame Impala if we're lucky ^^

The "Love Yourself" pic also represents "body positivity" if you search on Google by image.

There are lots of artists that have songs about body positivity, so I guess there is a slight chance the clue is not Bieber.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

45 minutes ago, OrdinaryBoy said:

Do you guys reckon there is a chance for Queens of the Stone Age playing? They were supposed to play Pink Pop but seem to have cancelled their june dates and from what i found on dutch sites it is because of "changed tour plans". They are playing a few festivals in july in france and at mad cool in madrid.

I suspect that, with Josh Homme's legal issues, they won't be touring at all this year tbh. Suspect those who still have them on the bill are seeking a replacement before removing them. I may be wrong but difficult times.

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

The "Love Yourself" pic also represents "body positivity" if you search on Google by image.

There are lots of artists that have songs about body positivity, so I guess there is a slight chance the clue is not Bieber.

Fair point, but if the other two are Calvin Harris and Tame Impala as headliners then we are still missing a 'mega' act who has never played in Hungary before and who has done a song about body positivity. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Everything is pointing towards Bieber. 

4 minutes ago, StaggerLee92 said:

Nick Cave released a solo song last year called White Elephant and he's headlining Primavera Sound this year

I was pretty sure it was Tame Impala, but since there are people saying they were ruled out...

He has been rumoured on and off for the past few months as he's playing a ton of festivals this summer. Could be a possibility but the clue could've been a lot clearer if it was him!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrdinaryBoy said:

Do you guys reckon there is a chance for Queens of the Stone Age playing? They were supposed to play Pink Pop but seem to have cancelled their june dates and from what i found on dutch sites it is because of "changed tour plans". They are playing a few festivals in july in france and at mad cool in madrid.

I would not be surprised if they cancelled all others dates and just haven't confirmed yet. Their social media outreach is appalling, probably because every post would be flooded with comments directed at Josh re: the abuse allegations.

40 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Fair point, but if the other two are Calvin Harris and Tame Impala as headliners then we are still missing a 'mega' act who has never played in Hungary before and who has done a song about body positivity. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Everything is pointing towards Bieber. 

with all that i sadly think that its 100% bieber

the weird thing to me is that theres no rap headliner, and none of the likely assumptions are rap artists

2 minutes ago, rgvili said:

with all that i sadly think that its 100% bieber

the weird thing to me is that theres no rap headliner, and none of the likely assumptions are rap artists

I guess if the festival slides from 7 to 6 days then we lose a headliner. Maybe Post's day didn't sell well in comparison to his fee? Maybe there was nobody available this year at the right price? 

It's difficult to pull together support acts for a rap headliner without turning that day into a 'rap day', which might put some people off attending. I mean, Years and Years subbing Post in 2019 was a real mixer! 

14 hours ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Hoping for the who but guessing it’s Robin Schulz…Simply I don’t get my hopes to high hahaha! 

I think an announcement is coming tomorrow. Sziget leaks says very soon , in the update they also said soon and I remember that the last announcement also was on a Tuesday. 

Oh I just googled Robin Schulz... yeah this fits perfectly... he's also touring... it's gonna be him... 😞

2 minutes ago, kristofm said:

Oh I just googled Robin Schulz... yeah this fits perfectly... he's also touring... it's gonna be him... 😞

While Schulz is an amazing DJ and could be in the next announcement, he would definitely be more suited for Bacardi Arena and I doubt that Leaks would hint at someone like him at this stage (maybe?). I'm also inclined to think that it's the Biebs

8 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

While Schulz is an amazing DJ and could be in the next announcement, he would definitely be more suited for Bacardi Arena and I doubt that Leaks would hint at someone like him at this stage (maybe?). I'm also inclined to think that it's the Biebs

Yeah,I don’t think he’s a proper headliner 

15 hours ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

This person deserves credits I think! Strong feeling this will be the line up for the upper part of the poster.

Could see Anne-Marie subbing Bieber rather than Megan. Anne-Marie is pop, as is Bieber (however 'urban' he thinks he is!), and would be a cheaper booking - like Jain subbing Ed in 2019.

Foals subbing Tame Impala would be excellent - fingers crossed they've managed to sign them up again!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, heythere said:

And everything is not the same now
It feels like all our lives have changed
Maybe when I'm older, it'll all calm down
But it's killing me now

yeah ok bye thanks for nothing

1 hour ago, kristofm said:

it fits, so does Calvin Harris and Glass Animals 😉 ( Schulz has many great hits, and like @iamdebrii said, he is an amazing DJ ^^)

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

That's a 99% certainty for Sziget then.

Not necessarily, remember the Nick Cave hole (lol) exactly during the Sziget, and at the end no Nick Cave..

But I'd love it 100% though 😄 (Tame Impala I mean)

https://clashfinder.com/s/tml2022w1/ // https://clashfinder.com/s/tml2022w2/

For weekend 1 Robin Schulz is at 6pm on tomorrowland's mainstage - 2 slots below Fisher and 3 below Major Lazer

For weekend 2 he is headlining a stage very far down the clashfinder, it looks fairly big but definitely wouldn't make him a headliner.

From my UK perspective his peak was about 7 years ago with waves, sugar and prayer in the c - which remain his top songs on spotify by a country mile. Hardly the size of Martin Garrix who last did the DJ slot.

Maybe this is crazy but how about Eric Prydz? He's been taking big slots in the UK and his live show is meant to be incredible