Sziget 2022

Matt86

Just now, dyma7 said:

Am I wrong or Leaks mentioned that Tame Impala and Gorillaz are not happening, few months ago before most of the comments on the forum got deleted?

You are right, definitely remember that being stated. And negotiations taking place with Foals and Glass Animals but they wouldn't be in the first announcement.

Someone could've dropped out and Tame Impala was a back-up?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

So the headliners (could be) ….

Kings Of Leon - Arctic Monkeys - Dua Lipa - Calvin Harris - Tame Impala - Justin Bieber

Sub headliners : Lewis Capaldi - Stromae - Bastille - xxxx

Well…if this will be truee ..I have to say this is a very good , diverse and strong line up! 

I'd watch all of the headliners bar Bieber, but if they'd announced a rapper I wouldn't have watched them either so I've not really lost anything there.

I'd probably watch the three subs mentioned too, if nothing else took my fancy on the other stages. On Bieber night I'll take the opportunity to discover Budapest's nightlife. 

8 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

So, subs and headliners. How about:

Lewis Capaldi - Dua Lipa

Bastille - Kings of Leon

Foals - Tame Impala

Megan Thee Stallion - Justin Bieber

Stromae - Calvin Harris

Sam Fender - Arctic Monkeys 

?

I'd take that. Don't care who subs Justin Bieber as I won't be there!

Perhaps they'll do something equivalent to the last edition when Macklemore subbed The National.

Maybe get Morrissey to sub Bieber, or someone equally as synchronised like Nick Cave?

3 minutes ago, activean said:

I can't be the only one not happy with Bieber right? 😬

And yes, leaker did say Tame Impala is not happening this year, couple of months ago. 

Who else could Inception/Elephant refer to? Plus they are around, playing London on 25 August. 

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

2 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

Coldplay have a gap but I just can't see it.  Justin would be more a pop act headliner but still not sure with him playing about 8 months later but it happens in the UK all the time. 

Calvin Harris and Tama but I am still thinking a rap act

image.png.db4222bf7a39613b7a2759e1f8555e7b.png

Sorry I just think they are way too expensive. This band sold out the Wembley 6 times for their upcoming tour. I just don’t see it happening. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The_Preach said:

Kendrick Lamar has just been leaked for Milano festival this year. Maybe the heart is not about love yourself but love in general aka "LOVE." song? 😜

I understand where you are going..:but why would you get the same image in Google if you type in Love Yourself?

Maybe Sziget Leaks wants to confuse us and it’s indeed about a “ LOVE” song but I don’t think so. 

It’s really Bieber I think

Just now, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

I understand where you are going..:but why would you get the same image in Google if you type in Love Yourself?

Maybe Sziget Leaks wants to confuse us and it’s indeed about a “ LOVE” song but I don’t think so. 

It’s really Bieber I think

I am personally just wishing it is not Justin Bieber at this time hahaha. Definately not a Festival act in my opinion, just let him do his own concerts. But if Sziget manages to catch him they do have one of the biggest pop stars. Would work out just like Ed Sheeran a while back to attract a lot of people to the festival (Mostly woman I guess haha). 

31 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

Kendrick Lamar has just been leaked for Milano festival this year. Maybe the heart is not about love yourself but love in general aka "LOVE." song? 😜

Bieber was meant to be the 'mega' act - there are maybe only 30 or 40 acts that fall under this category. But Leaks added that the act wasn't female and had never played in Hungary before. This narrowed it down to single figures.

Most of these are not currently touring (Eminem, Weeknd, Kanye) so Bieber appears to be almost in a class of his own. He's in Europe and playing on 9 August with nothing scheduled after that until September iirc.

The only thing that appears to be preventing it being him is the March '23 show and maybe something is in place to overcome this issue? 

Edited by swelsbyuk

23 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Mark Ronson was also on the 2020 line-up as a sub-head and hasn't been mentioned or rumoured. Maybe Tame Impala would be the replacement. Definitely fits the multi-talented producer/band set-up that Ronson would have filled

Tame Impala would be a headliner not a sub- headliner he is too big for that. 

33 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Bieber was meant to be the 'mega' act - there are maybe only 30 or 40 acts that fall under this category. But Leaks added that the act wasn't female and had never played in Hungary before. This narrowed it down to single figures.

Most of these are not currently touring (Eminem, Weeknd, Kanye) so Bieber appears to be almost in a class of his own. He's in Europe and playing on 9 August with nothing scheduled after that until September iirc.

The only thing that appears to be preventing it being him is the March '23 show and maybe something is in place to overcome this issue? 

I completely agree with this analysis! We should not forget that SZiget has a very international audience. So I don’t know how many Bieber fans will also go to the concert in march ? But I am not sure about this. 

51 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

I am personally just wishing it is not Justin Bieber at this time hahaha. Definately not a Festival act in my opinion, just let him do his own concerts. But if Sziget manages to catch him they do have one of the biggest pop stars. Would work out just like Ed Sheeran a while back to attract a lot of people to the festival (Mostly woman I guess haha). 

I guess most people on this forum will not welcome a Bieber announcement, but then I guess that we are not his target audience. I also don't think he would attract anywhere near as many day ticket sales as Ed (not many acts would). I truly don't know who is a Bieber fan nowadays. It used to be teen girls but they'll all be in their late twenties now. Maybe just general pop fans?