Sziget 2022

Matt86

12 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Take it how you may but Justin Bieber has a Sziget-sized gap in the European leg of his tour and I don't think he's ever done Hungary

He has a scheduled concert in Budapest for March 11, 2023 though. I don't know if he's going to announce another gig earlier.

1 hour ago, iamdebrii said:

Take it how you may but Justin Bieber has a Sziget-sized gap in the European leg of his tour and I don't think he's ever done Hungary

He would fall under the mega category. However, does he have a history of playing festivals? I can't imagine the average Arctic Monkeys fan rushing to Sziget in the knowledge that they'd also see Justin Bieber. The festival will just be full of day ticket holders. And t-shirt sales would drop. I wouldn't be seen dead in anything baring his name, so that's one t-shirt sale lost! 

The gap in his schedule is concerning though!

EDIT: His March '23 gig in Budapest still has tickets left at all price points, other than the two cheapest. If he can't even sell out one arena date in the city then a 80,000 person festival would appear to be a stretch too far. Fingers crossed!

Edited by billybigballs

Bieber is not happening guys thank God) . Already has a Budapest gig scheduled in 2023

My bet is on Maroon 5 or Kanye West for this big act. The Weeknd or Eminem would be awesome though... or Slipknot.. ^^

Anyway, that's not my principal issue to be honest ^^ Just throwing some names I think or hope will be there :

Diplo, Foals, Maneskin, Aurora, Amyl & the Sniffers, Fever 333, George Ezra, Madness, Nothing but Thieves.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, billybigballs said:

I can't imagine the average Arctic Monkeys fan rushing to Sziget in the knowledge that they'd also see Justin Bieber. The festival will just be full of day ticket holders.

Sziget has one of the most diverse mixes of headliners of any festival. Last time it happened there was Foo Fighters and Macklemore for instance. Ed Sheeran was also just full of day tickets, its not a big deal if it sells. Can't see Justin Bieber though, but i think you'd be surprised at the crowd he would get - from the past 15 years he could play a hit filled set

11 hours ago, billybigballs said:

He would fall under the mega category. However, does he have a history of playing festivals? I can't imagine the average Arctic Monkeys fan rushing to Sziget in the knowledge that they'd also see Justin Bieber. The festival will just be full of day ticket holders. And t-shirt sales would drop. I wouldn't be seen dead in anything baring his name, so that's one t-shirt sale lost! 

The gap in his schedule is concerning though!

EDIT: His March '23 gig in Budapest still has tickets left at all price points, other than the two cheapest. If he can't even sell out one arena date in the city then a 80,000 person festival would appear to be a stretch too far. Fingers crossed!

Shawn Mendes headlined.

19 hours ago, dolevshelly said:

maroon 5 are about to drop their tour.

maybe them?

With Christina Aguilera as sub so they can do 'Moves Like Jagger' together?

If they are about to drop a tour, I could see it being them more than Bieber.

Not a fan of them but I imagine they put on a decent show. And I suspect my wife and kids would enjoy it.

34 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

It would be funny if the "mega star" is Megan Thee Stallion, as she was already announced for R+L. She was also #21 in Billboard Top 100 Year-End Artists of 2021.

She's subbing at Parklife festival in Manchester and that's half the size of Sziget. Definitely not her (although I could see her appearing as a sub beneath.......?)

6 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

And she's one of the headliners at Primavera Sound in Barcelona which is I assume bigger than Parklife 😶

Definitely bigger! Not saying she couldn't / won't headline Sziget this year (although I, personally, don't believe her career thus far warrants it), but she absolutely cannot be classed as a 'mega' booking.

She's playing loads of other festivals this summer and the reaction in most has been a bit "meh" - just check out the Reading and Leeds forum on here - lots of views that she's not big enough to headline, mainly because she has had very few solo hits.

As I've stated before, my definition of 'mega' is someone who plays stadiums and not arenas when they tour. Megan would struggle to sell out arenas.

It's possible that Leaks defines 'mega' in another way, such as exclusivity (for example, Kanye).

Edited by swelsbyuk

2 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

I just remembered that DojaCat is on tour too and she is at Lollapalooza this year in Europe and I think she hasn't been to Hungary before.... 🤠

I also believe she has good chance to be here. But NOT as a headliner, more of a sub-headline like Stromae.

And about the big act, I agree with @swelsbyuk, it can't be Megan fuckin' Stallion, she's new in the game lol.. It must be someone bigger, that we have known for many years.

Adele wouldn't be THAT impossible after all, she's done Glastonbury and Rock Werchter before, never been to Hungary..

About rap act, I remember only now 50 Cent being at Parklife this year, so maybe

7 hours ago, Nikky said:

I really like Dua's setlist from the tour she just started. Is she going to do full set on the festival as well? 

I don't know how long her set is atm but she'll be performing for 1 hours and 30 minutes. 10 August, 9:30 - 11:00 PM

17 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

It would be funny if the "mega star" is Megan Thee Stallion, as she was already announced for R+L. She was also #21 in Billboard Top 100 Year-End Artists of 2021.

It's not a female headliner.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4