Sziget 2022

Matt86

1 hour ago, iamdebrii said:

Amongst others, Rag n' Bone seems like a perfect fit for 7pm Main Stage and has no Hungary dates afaik.

I'm also calling Maneskin (whose previous Hungary gig has been postponed), Michael Kiwanuka, MEUTE, Keane and Disclosure just in case our friend Leaks wants to give us a nod.

Only problem with Rag n Bone Man is that he is boring as hell live. He is so static that he makes Liam Gallagher look like Lionel Messi. Great voice but no audience interaction and only a handful of decent songs. As you can guess, he's not top of my list!

For those who are around this summer, here's my wishlist as it currently stands. Give me half-a-dozen of these and you can announce Christina Aguilera, Anne-Marie, Rag n Bone Man and Arlo Parks and I won't care:

Foals, Sam Fender, Gang of Youths, Alt J, Tash Sultana, Nothing But Thieves, Biffy Clyro, Royal Blood, Glass Animals, Bicep, Liam Gallagher, Fever 333, Wet Leg, Yard Act, Aurora, The Lathums, Fred Again..., The Chemical Brothers, Phoebe Bridgers, London Grammar, Wolf Alice, Editors, Goat Girl, Jack White, Paolo Nutini, Sports Team, Disclosure.

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

For those who are around this summer, here's my wishlist as it currently stands. Give me half-a-dozen of these and you can announce Christina Aguilera, Anne-Marie, Rag n Bone Man and Arlo Parks and I won't care:

Foals, Sam Fender, Gang of Youths, Alt J, Tash Sultana, Nothing But Thieves, Biffy Clyro, Royal Blood, Glass Animals, Bicep, Liam Gallagher, Fever 333, Wet Leg, Yard Act, Aurora, The Lathums, Fred Again..., The Chemical Brothers, Phoebe Bridgers, London Grammar, Wolf Alice, Editors, Goat Girl, Jack White, Paolo Nutini, Sports Team, Disclosure.

Add RUFUS DU SOL into that Mix and i'm sold.

I'm sure Fever 333 and Fred Again... will also make an appearance but I think Paolo Nutini is only doing TRNSMT this summer, London Grammar are touring with Coldplay and someone from this thread excluded Alt-J a few pages back 😞

28 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Add RUFUS DU SOL into that Mix and i'm sold.

I'm sure Fever 333 and Fred Again... will also make an appearance but I think Paolo Nutini is only doing TRNSMT this summer, London Grammar are touring with Coldplay and someone from this thread excluded Alt-J a few pages back 😞

Paolo Nutini is also headlining Victorious Festival at the end of August. London Grammar are only supporting Coldplay on 16 and 19 August, So, in theory at least, they are both available for Sziget.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 6:20 PM, dolevshelly said:

Noge Erez has a hugh hole in her tour that fits sziget so i guess she'll be there too.

and i will be sooo happy about it!

Yes!

On 2/8/2022 at 8:37 PM, swelsbyuk said:

I'd say it's looking less and less likely that there will be a 'mega' act this year.

There will be and the headliner has never been to Hungary before.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

The two possibilities which jump out at me are Kanye or Eminem. Kanye is doing Coachella so we know he's happy to play live again. Eminem is doing the Superbowl this weekend with Dre and will be looking to capitalise that exposure. I don't THINK either have played Hugary before.

Those it can't be, as they have played Hungary or are scheduled to:

Coldplay

Gaga

Justin Timberlake

Tame Impala

Metallica

Pearl Jam

Beyonce

Springsteen

The Weeknd

Guns n Roses

AC/DC

Not sure who else counts as mega. Has Taylor Swift played Hungary? 

Edited by billybigballs

2 hours ago, billybigballs said:

The two possibilities which jump out at me are Kanye or Eminem. Kanye is doing Coachella so we know he's happy to play live again. Eminem is doing the Superbowl this weekend with Dre and will be looking to capitalise that exposure. I don't THINK either have played Hugary before.

Those it can't be, as they have played Hungary or are scheduled to:

Coldplay

Gaga

Justin Timberlake

Tame Impala

Metallica

Pearl Jam

Beyonce

Springsteen

The Weeknd

Guns n Roses

AC/DC

Not sure who else counts as mega. Has Taylor Swift played Hungary? 

21 minutes ago, Sokolka18 said:

You forgot about Billie Eilish. She went big the last few years - which is also an aspect mentioned earlier - never been to Hungary and also a big act. 

I went for acts who you would expect to play stadiums (or are approaching that level). Billie's a good shout but, personally, I wouldn't class her as mega. But I could be wrong. IMHO she'd be the least interesting booking of all the names suggested so far.

Nice Leak, Leaks. Well now let’s spend hours guessing who it could be and some decent work done so far.  I assume it’s a newish act as most acts that have been around for ages have probably played Budapest at some point. It also depends what you call a headliner as well.  I can see it being the Weekend but they may pull out Adel but I assume she would blow a big chunk out the budget.  Rule out Muse.

Calvin Harris has played Budapest and I assume most big DJ names as well.

Leaks any more clues, sex, band DJ etc??????

I will do more research later as I just cant think off who you would class as Mega

The more I think about it, and the clues given previously, the more I lean toward the 'mega' being Billie Eilish. She's:

- available

- become big in the past couple of years

- never played Hungary

- headlining Glastonbury in June so of a 'mega' kind of size

I hope it's not. Appreciate she's talented and really like a couple of her songs, but so many of them are so incredibly slow and minimal that they sound very similar to each other. And I like headliners that invoke a huge singalong and that feeling of euphoria. 

Fingers crossed I'm wrong and it's The Weeknd or Taylor or Eminem.

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

The more I think about it, and the clues given previously, the more I lean toward the 'mega' being Billie Eilish. She's:

- available

- become big in the past couple of years

- never played Hungary

- headlining Glastonbury in June so of a 'mega' kind of size

I hope it's not. 

Her tour dates would suggest she's not in Europe during August, doing early summer in Europe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

Her tour dates would suggest she's not in Europe during August, doing early summer in Europe.

Agreed, but she doesn't appear to be anywhere in August. Hence, could do it in theory.

But I hope you're right and it's someone who has yet to announce any plans for summer 2022.

Edited by swelsbyuk

18 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Throwing Arlo Parks who won a mercury price in with anne marie and rag n bone man is criminal

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

Throwing Arlo Parks who won a mercury price in with anne marie and rag n bone man is criminal

Awwww, man. I saw her at All Points East on the Foals day last year. It was like watching my nana. Genuinely absolutely amazed to find out she was 21. Perhaps it was an off-day for her.

4 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Awwww, man. I saw her at All Points East on the Foals day last year. It was like watching my nana. Genuinely absolutely amazed to find out she was 21. Perhaps it was an off-day for her.

I'm not a fan just surprised to see her lumped with them.