Sziget 2022

Matt86

Just a thought: could we be getting 2 rap co-headliners on different days (A$AP Rocky/Stormzy) as announced in 2020 as opposed to a main rap headliner? I believe someone said Kendrick was out of the question this year and even so, it would have been to recent of a booking to bring him back so soon.

If not, my money's still on Tyler the Creator or The Weeknd

Edited by iamdebrii

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Major Lazer were also announced as headliners for the cancelled 2020 Sziget edition, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them announced once again...

12400-1_20200212173310.jpg

So many acts on there that I'd like to see in the second announcement and yet it looks like we're getting Major Shittin' Lazer.

If we do, the announcement of these might soften the blow: Foals, Stormzy, Of Monsters and Men, Glass Animals, Fever 333 and Amyl would soften the blow.......slightly. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Finger in the air time. Of the 40 acts already announced, how many are likely NOT to be playing the main stage or A38 stage? Just trying to work out how many more 'known' acts are due (approx 60 in total playing the two stages). Are we halfway there?

I believe The Strokes, A$AP Rocky, Khalid & FKA Twigs are out of the question atm, making room for a few sub/co/headliners.

If memory serves, blackbear won't make it either.

36 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Finger in the air time. Of the 40 acts already announced, how many are likely NOT to be playing the main stage or A38 stage? Just trying to work out how many more 'known' acts are due (approx 60 in total playing the two stages). Are we halfway there?

Of the 40 announced, I suspect around 30 of them will be playing one of the two main stages. Which means we're half way there (whoa, livin' on a prayer). Ahem...sorry.

I think this confirms that they will be there. Maybe some other acts from there, I can see Ann Marie and Ritchie Hawtin in with a shout and maybe Guetta replacing Calvin Harris. Throw in a few acts from Lowlands and that will be it? 

I hope Lazer play the Friday or Saturday and thats the nights I will send in town 🙂 

Balaton must be in the next few days so we hopefully will have a better idea after that 

Sounds like Sziget isn't going to announce again until beginning-to-mid March then.

With Dua Lipa opening and Arctic Monkeys closing the festival (along with a distinct lack of rumours) I'd say it's looking less and less likely that there will be a 'mega' act this year. Which is disappointing.

However, it does imply that the undercard will be stacked (the budget's got to be spent somewhere!) So, I have high hopes for the next announcement. Especially as I've blown a huge wedge on VIP tickets!

2 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Sounds like Sziget isn't going to announce again until beginning-to-mid March then.

With Dua Lipa opening and Arctic Monkeys closing the festival (along with a distinct lack of rumours) I'd say it's looking less and less likely that there will be a 'mega' act this year. Which is disappointing.

However, it does imply that the undercard will be stacked (the budget's got to be spent somewhere!) So, I have high hopes for the next announcement. Especially as I've blown a huge wedge on VIP tickets!

I can't help but wonder if their latest post confirms what you're saying.image.png.4603fc59e7df42b951b95f38d7248df8.png