Sziget 2022

Matt86

3 hours ago, Matt86 said:

something like Maroon 5 or Shakira

I would prefer something like Billie Eilish, Coldplay, No Doubt/Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga, Adele or Beyoncé instead of those. I think they're way better in terms of quality.

Also do you think that Lil Nas X would be a good replacement for Eminem as the rap headliner act? 🤔 I think that Eminem won't play at Sziget this year, but who knows...

Edited by #1SzigetFan

22 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I would prefer something like Billie Eilish, Coldplay, No Doubt/Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga, Adele or Beyoncé instead of those. I think they're way better in terms of quality.

Also do you think that Lil Nas X would be a good replacement for Eminem as the rap headliner act? 🤔 I think that Eminem won't play at Sziget this year, but who knows...

Lil Nas X is seen as too much of a novelty act, he would work alongside another rapper but not standalone imo. Theres plenty of other rappers about instead of Eminem and Lil Nas X.

15 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

it's not about "who we would prefer", I gave those 2 names because it's POP, and possible 'cause they are performing in 2022.

We already know that Eillish and Coldplay aren't possible this year, and there's no sign of Beyonce, and No Doubt performiing.

I heard Adele is way too expensive (don't know why...  :/), and Lady Gaga well, why not, she's suppose to be in Europe for a very few dates..

But of course, any of these acts would be a huge surprise.

On 1/22/2022 at 7:42 AM, billybigballs said:

It'll be two months tomorrow since the first announcement was made. I'd like to think we are edging towards the next one. I predict the week commencing 15 Feb.

Actually, that week commences on 14 Feb 😉

Dre, Eminem, Kendrick etc play the Superbowl the day before so potential for announcement of a mega-signing?

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2022 at 10:30 AM, Davidoff said:

I don’t think we can take much from the when we were young festival. They may pull a surprise out the bag and make a change to some off the line up as it is getting a bit the same as 2018. I still expect some if not all  from Biffy Clyro, Placebo, Imagine Dragons, Tame Impala, Calvin Harris, Mabel, Stormzy , Glass Animals. You could almost just pick any act from Broad masters, Leeds, Festival Cabaret Vert. I think Leaks said that Foals were also in the running so hopefully we will find out soon. Others could be Jamie XX, Weekend or Justin Bieber , Halsey, Kasabian, Rap Act ?  possibly Keane, Madness or Snow Patrol,   I was expecting some sort off announcement soon but with the way the world is they maybe holding back. . I see Wolf Alice are backing up Harry Styles in Budapest so I don’t think they will be back but I would love to see them back as I missed them before.

Would love all of those except Imagine Dragons. I'd be horrified if they appeared as it would undoubtedly be as headliner and that would be a major waste of a headline slot.

1 hour ago, MaxCohen said:

I think Denzel Curry will be a great rap act, he was announced for 2020, I hope they reconfirm him. He's one of the best rappers out right now and puts out an excellent show.

Seeing that he was announced last time and has a couple of UK dates in August I think he'll most likely be there.

Experiencing 'Ultimate' live at A38 would be quite a sight to see

Almost ten weeks since the last announcement. Any upcoming news @Sziget2022_Leaks?

I'm starting to get bored of my Sziget 2022 playlist! Needs some new acts on there.

That said, I've 'discovered' Little Simz and really enjoying her most recent album, but a lot of the lesser-known acts aren't really doing it for me and there's only so much KOL I can listen to!

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Almost ten weeks since the last announcement. Any upcoming news @Sziget2022_Leaks?

I'm starting to get bored of my Sziget 2022 playlist! Needs some new acts on there.

That said, I've 'discovered' Little Simz and really enjoying her most recent album, but a lot of the lesser-known acts aren't really doing it for me and there's only so much KOL I can listen to!

He hasn't been online since October lmao

8 minutes ago, m4rkoman said:

He hasn't been online since October lmao

'He' definitely has, as they gave out clues in the days before the 23 November announcement.    

However, all that was lost when the forums went down over Christmas and new year.

That said, they might not have been on since then!

11 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

That said, they might not have been on since then!

They definitely haven't been online since the forum resurrection. Will probably be back when the announcement is imminent.

Edited by Newjem

45 minutes ago, dolevshelly said:

christina aguilera just annouced first shows in europe at august.

do you think we'll get her?

it can be a hugh wildcard, no?

that would be a huge book IMO, but with already Dua Lipa as a female headliner..? not so sure.. but I'd like it ^^

35 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

that would be a huge book IMO, but with already Dua Lipa as a female headliner..? not so sure.. but I'd like it ^^

Would it be a huge book? Is she still big enough to headline? She doesn't seem to have bothered the charts in the past decade or so.

In my view (only) she's no longer big enough to headline but too big to support, which puts her in a bit of limbo, although the timing sits perfectly for Sziget with her being in UK from 2 to 6 August.

I may well be wrong about her status, she might still be huge across Europe and it's passed me by. I guess if she's booked it could really only be as a headliner (or co-head with someone bigger like 21P and Foos in 2019).

Christina and Lady Gaga for battle of the divas?  

Edited by swelsbyuk

I cant see her heading but the date could match in with her playing. I am not sure how big she is over there but I dont think she is a huge pull for the Festival as BillyBB mentioned . Stanger things have happened.  I do think another female could headline but someone different like Lorde/Florence but not another Pop Act. 

KOL, AM, DUA and a DJ- Calvin or David Guetta and that leaves 2 head line acts to come. I can see something from 2 out of the 3 from and act like Major Lazer or something like that for one night at the weekend and a possible rap act but I just cant see how it could be for the last act. Also possibly a male Pop act to fill one off the last so called Headliners 

idk

i guess a day with stromae -> christina is pretty strong.

they can put some rock band at the a38 or something and everyone will be happy.

and another thing, for me peraonaly i really like that one day with an headliner i dont like so i can go see the circus and other stages. so even due id go watch christina, i guess even a "bad" headliner isn't the worst thing at sziget.