Sziget 2022

Matt86

2 minutes ago, StaggerLee92 said:

How likely would be to have Kanye as a Sziget headliner? He's going to headline Coachella, has recently done a concert with Drake and released an album and it's a rapper (like Eminem)...

0,01%. He's not really doing tours nowadays and when he was (6-7 years ago), it was US+UK only.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StaggerLee92 said:

How likely would be to have Kanye as a Sziget headliner? He's going to headline Coachella, has recently done a concert with Drake and released an album and it's a rapper (like Eminem)...

I'd say unlikely but not impossible. I've no idea what he'd charge but can't be much more than Foos or Ed I wouldn't have thought. Not sure there are that many BIG European festivals yet to announce their headliners so it would have to be a visit specifically for Sziget which would drive the price up even further but, as a statement booking, they don't get much bigger. 

With the right setlist he'd be fantastic. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nikky said:

Harry Styles concert in Budapest in July. 

Wouhouuuu ! #bestnewsoftheday

5 hours ago, Newjem said:

Yeah, you'll get Major Lazer instead 😛

noooooo ! 😞 😞 😢

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Wouldn't mind a few from this. Paramore and Avril being standouts.

FJZy6taVcAExyjd.jpg

damn I would take 75% of that list lol .. ❤️

13 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Good to know that Paramore will be active this year... they would be a very good addition to the Sziget lineup.

I'd love that, but I don't believe it .. since 2014 and Blink-182, Sziget seems to have abandonned pop-punk on their line up 😞

I'm still wondering who might be there .. When I look at "important" bands/artists touring Europe in 2022 with no dates in Hungary (like Biffy Clyro, Placebo, MARINA, Imagine Dragons, Tame Impala, etc...), I still think there's a little chance.

But I believe we might get another important part of the 2020 line up (Calvin Harris , maybe Major Lazer sadly.., Mabel, Stormzy , Glass Animals...) +, let's hope, some names that we haven't heard of yet in Europe this Summer

11 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I'd love that, but I don't believe it .. since 2014 and Blink-182, Sziget seems to have abandonned pop-punk on their line up 😞

I'm still wondering who might be there .. When I look at "important" bands/artists touring Europe in 2022 with no dates in Hungary (like Biffy Clyro, Placebo, MARINA, Imagine Dragons, Tame Impala, etc...), I still think there's a little chance.

But I believe we might get another important part of the 2020 line up (Calvin Harris , maybe Major Lzer sadly.., Mabel, Stormzy , Glass Animals...) +, let's hope, some names that we haven't heard of yet in Europe this Summer

I don’t think we can take much from the when we were young festival. They may pull a surprise out the bag and make a change to some off the line up as it is getting a bit the same as 2018. I still expect some if not all  from Biffy Clyro, Placebo, Imagine Dragons, Tame Impala, Calvin Harris, Mabel, Stormzy , Glass Animals. You could almost just pick any act from Broad masters, Leeds, Festival Cabaret Vert. I think Leaks said that Foals were also in the running so hopefully we will find out soon. Others could be Jamie XX, Weekend or Justin Bieber , Halsey, Kasabian, Rap Act ?  possibly Keane, Madness or Snow Patrol,   I was expecting some sort off announcement soon but with the way the world is they maybe holding back. . I see Wolf Alice are backing up Harry Styles in Budapest so I don’t think they will be back but I would love to see them back as I missed them before.

15 hours ago, Matt86 said:

They had Sum 41 in 2016, Bad Religion in 2017, The Living End in 2018, Idles + Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes in 2019... to name a few. 😋

Of course Paramore are bigger than these, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the lineup!

9 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

They had Sum 41 in 2016, Bad Religion in 2017, The Living End in 2018, Idles + Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes in 2019... to name a few. 😋

Of course Paramore are bigger than these, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the lineup!

all of these acts wouldn't headline, unlike Paramore (and so did Blink-18 😉

7 hours ago, Nico5629 said:

Idles pop-punk ??

same for Frank Carter, nothing Pop in his music ^^

2 hours ago, m4rkoman said:

Do I have to be fast to buy day tickets or is it not selling out quickly?

day tickets ? it depends on the artists of the day, especially the headliner.. Does anyone remember if they were still day tickets for Ed Sheeran or Foo Fighters day in 2019 ?

7 hours ago, Matt86 said:

day tickets ? it depends on the artists of the day, especially the headliner.. Does anyone remember if they were still day tickets for Ed Sheeran or Foo Fighters day in 2019 ?

Ed sold out, including the additional tickets they were able to find from somewhere! No other days did, including Foos.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Ed sold out, including the additional tickets they were able to find from somewhere! No other days did, including Foos.

Yeah, i believe this kind of big Pop acts is the perfect target for Sziget in order to sold out.. that's why i wouldn't be surprise if they try to get a second one after Dua Lipa ! something like Maroon 5 or Shakira would definitely have the same effect than Ed Sheeran ( I gave those 2 examples because they are both suppose to perform this Summer, so why not..)