Sziget 2022

Matt86

3 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

If No Doubt would reunite once again and announce some European dates, would they be big enough to headline Sziget? This year their self-titled album would have its 30th anniversary.

I think they would, yep.

But there's no signs or rumours about it, so... keep looking for the 3-4 missing headliners ^^ 

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

When do we think the next announcement is likely to be? Before the end of Feb? Got a couple of friends who are interested but need to know more before booking anything.

I'm not sure when we'll get another announcement, probably in early March. Sziget leaks told us that both Volt and Balaton Sound will announce their first names in December, so far we only got an announcement from Volt, and Balaton Sound is pretty quiet. 😶

What are peoples opinions on accommodation this year? I like having the decent bathrooms/showers and have been staying in Siesta the last few years I've been, it was always handy to get to and from the stages if we needed to get back to the tents. 

Have people who have done basic camping camped down near the beach where Siesta is now, is it a long walk to all the stages especially if you are popping back to get extra drink etc. from your tent? 

Any advice appreciated! 

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

When do we think the next announcement is likely to be? Before the end of Feb? Got a couple of friends who are interested but need to know more before booking anything.

I think they`ll wait `til spring with all the winter omicron cancellations happening right now

6 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Yes they would, but they are kind of outside the Sziget demographic I guess - so it would be an hard pass IMO

Well, they had P!nk in 2017... I guess Gwen Stefani & the band aren't that far away from her in terms of style.

6 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I think they would, yep.

But there's no signs or rumours about it, so... keep looking for the 3-4 missing headliners ^^ 

Here are some names from Way Out West: Robyn - Burna Boy - First Aid Kit - Nick Cave - Michael Kiwanuka - Fred Again - Pa Salieu - Girl In Red - Romy

And from Oya Festival: Gorillaz, Dj Koze (Flow Festival in Helsinki), AJ Tracey

Edited by #1SzigetFan

6 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I believe end of February is the perfect time for a new wave of names (even maybe a bigger one this time) ;

in most of EU coutries, end of February - beginning of March is time for students holidays, and that's also a time when people make plans for Summer. So it's a good moment for festivals to give as much informations as possible. (in 2019 we had a big release of names end of January, before the holidays, and in 2020 it was mid-February, still before the holidays...)

Harry Styles is something like Shawn Mendes, right ? (sorry, I don't know much about these kind of acts 😅 I prefer female Pop acts ! ^^) I just "insta" and "spotify" them both : it seems Shawn Mendes still have more success.. ! congrats to him ! lool

Anyway : as pop acts, I would easily take Bruno Mars, The Weeknd or Timberlake over those 2 guys ...

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

Harry Styles is something like Shawn Mendes, right ? (sorry, I don't know much about these kind of acts 😅 I prefer female Pop acts ! ^^) I just "insta" and "spotify" them both : it seems Shawn Mendes still have more success.. ! congrats to him ! lool

Anyway : as pop acts, I would easily take Bruno Mars, The Weeknd or Timberlake over those 2 guys ...

I recommend you to give him a listen if you like modern Justin Timberlake. Some Robbie Williams vibes too. 

16 hours ago, thetime said:

That's an awful coachella lineup

Couldn't agree more. Out of almost 200 acts on there, there's nine I'd be interested in. Not a great return!

Mind you, that's mainly because I haven't heard of half of them!

Edited by swelsbyuk

12 hours ago, gfa said:

Those tour dates are insane - 6 dates at the dutch O2 equivalent. Thats like Editors-esque fanbase, have never even heard of them till now

Just been listening to their most popular songs on Spotify. They've got one called 'Words you don't know' which is pretty good and has a very catchy chorus, but the rest sound like they could've been recorded by any number of hair-rock acts in the 80s.    

On 1/12/2022 at 3:41 PM, swelsbyuk said:

As countries begin to emerge from the Omicron crisis, I suspect (hope) that there will be a real positivity in the air.

I reckon we will get something in four or five weeks' time that announces the main body of the acts.

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

As countries begin to emerge from the Omicron crisis, I suspect (hope) that there will be a real positivity in the air.

I reckon we will get something in four or five weeks' time that announces the main body of the acts.

As balaton sound is sziget sister festival with volt, there announcement will come before a sziget one. 

10 hours ago, billybigballs said:

It would be better 'negativity' in this case 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1