Sziget 2022

Matt86

10 hours ago, On The Blend said:

Which will come first, the full Primavera 2023 lineup or the first names for Sziget? Place your bets people 

well to be honest, if it takes that much time, I'd rather have a big load of names just like in 2020 than a few names on Monday, 2 ore on Wednesday, 1 more on Friday etc...

I was really excited in 2020 when they "BOOM !, there you go 80 names mother fucker !" 🤣so I'm okay to wait a bit longer. Might means end of November now..

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Looks like we may have lost a few posts during 'the blip'

oooooh sh.t we indeed lost a lot of posts ! is everyone ok ??? 😅

Well at least we're back, let's just post the line up so far as a reminder, and keep guessing who's gonna be announce early 2022 ^^

260181730_10160070030939947_1736448782115069964_n.png

For the cancelled 2020 edition these headliners were announced: Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa, KoL, Major Lazer and The Strokes. At least 2 more were to be confirmed, one of them could have been Eminem according to "Sziget Leaks".

Sziget 2022 kept Dua Lipa + Kings of Leon and brought Arctic Monkeys as The Strokes replacement.

According to a now-deleted comment of "Sziget Leaks" we will get at least 3 more headliners.

Do you think that 2 out of the remaining 3 will be EDM acts? We know that one of them could be Calvin Harris (also according to Sziget Leaks), but now that Sziget takes 6 days only I wouldn't like to have Major Lazer or another EDM headliner as their replacement. I think it would make the lineup even weaker compared to other European festivals.

10 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

For the cancelled 2020 edition these headliners were announced: Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa, KoL, Major Lazer and The Strokes. At least 2 more were to be confirmed, one of them could have been Eminem according to "Sziget Leaks".

Sziget 2022 kept Dua Lipa + Kings of Leon and brought Arctic Monkeys as The Strokes replacement.

According to a now-deleted comment of "Sziget Leaks" we will get at least 3 more headliners.

Do you think that 2 out of the remaining 3 will be EDM acts? We know that one of them could be Calvin Harris (also according to Sziget Leaks), but now that Sziget takes 6 days only I wouldn't like to have Major Lazer or another EDM headliner as their replacement. I think it would make the lineup even weaker compared to other European festivals.

Major Lazer is quite unlikely, they weren't announced for Mad Cool 2022 but they were announced both for Sziget and Mad Cool in 2020. And in 2020 Sziget and Mad Cool shared some artists like, Glass Animals, Kings Of Leon, Major Lazer, Khalid, Diplo, Foals, Sigird, so I think we are getting Glass Animals and Foals in next announcement.

Reading and Leeds announced their lineup like 2 weeks ago.

What do yall think, what artists could we get? We are already sharing Arctic Monkeys, Bastille, Little Simz and Fontaines D.C.

What we can't get is RATM and RTJ as they are touring in the US during Sziget and BMTH are announced for VOLT feestival.

I'm hoping for Glass Animals and I think we could get Megan Thee Stallion (she's in Europe from early June until late August), Wolf Alice, Fever 333, Maneskin (they are all over the Europe) and I would love to see Halsey. 

READING_LEEDS_2022_LINEUP_POSTER.jpg

1 hour ago, ReljaGajić said:

Major Lazer is quite unlikely, they weren't announced for Mad Cool 2022 but they were announced both for Sziget and Mad Cool in 2020.

Doesn't really matter. Major Lazer were announced for Stavernfestivalen (Norway) and Ruisrock (Finland) which take place in July next year. They are still active and touring so I wouldn't rule them out yet.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

Reading and Leeds announced their lineup like 2 weeks ago.

What do yall think, what artists could we get? We are already sharing Arctic Monkeys, Bastille, Little Simz and Fontaines D.C.

What we can't get is RATM and RTJ as they are touring in the US during Sziget and BMTH are announced for VOLT feestival.

I'm hoping for Glass Animals and I think we could get Megan Thee Stallion (she's in Europe from early June until late August), Wolf Alice, Fever 333, Maneskin (they are all over the Europe) and I would love to see Halsey. 

READING_LEEDS_2022_LINEUP_POSTER.jpg

I actually would HATE having Megan Thee Stalion.

Sziget has never been a rap festival, before 2014 you couldn't see any single rap act. But in 2014, they tried Outkast.. ok for one act, a very popular (and good) one actually. But then, a little bit more year after year.. and now in 2022, look at the first names : slowthai, princess nokia, yunglean, rilès, etc.... more and more rap names, not even big ones..

Sorry for those who like rap, but it wasn't Sziget music type before 2014 and I'm kinda disapointed to see what this fest' is becoming, by "popular" demand I guess...

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Sziget has never been a rap festival, before 2014 you couldn't see any single rap act. But in 2014, they tried Outkast.. ok for one act, a very popular (and good) one actually. But then, a little bit more year after year.. and now in 2022, look at the first names : slowthai, princess nokia, yunglean, rilès, etc.... more and more rap names, not even big ones..

Sorry for those who like rap, but it wasn't Sziget music type before 2014 and I'm kinda disapointed to see what this fest' is becoming, by "popular" demand I guess...

So you're angry about different genres of music being on the festival? 

I'd rather have a Tyler The Creator, who made one of the best albums of the year, than Kings Of Leon, for instance. Good music is good music, whatever genre it is. 

Edited by misterplow
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

I actually would HATE having Megan Thee Stalion.

I'm not a fan of rap music either, but there is some rappers that I can listen to 🤷‍♂️

I'd be incredibly disappointed if we got Megan Thee Stallion. However, I fear it's inevitable after that Reading and Leeds announcement. Not my kind of music at all. 

Really hoping we get some more guitar-based music in the next announcement. Would be very happy to get Nothing But Thieves from that Summer Well announcement and got fingers crossed for Foals or Sam Fender (or both!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, misterplow said:

So you're angry about different genres of music being on the festival? 

I'd rather have a Tyler The Creator, who made one of the best albums of the year, than Kings Of Leon, for instance. Good music is good music, whatever genre it is. 

not different genres, just Rap.

It's taking more and more place on the line up year after year, and these acts are faaaaar from being an Eminem, Dr Dre or Missy Elliott level...

Ah yeah... Megan Thee Stallion, you mean Rap Nicki Minaj...

Gotta say, would not be surprised with the booking - but it would surely be the last nail in the "less ispired set of headliners we ever got (aside 2017, of course)" coffin .

On a side note, I just had an Error 500 recharging this page - I really hope the servers are stable, this month without the forum has been a pain for my breaks at work

9 hours ago, Matt86 said:

not different genres, just Rap.

It's taking more and more place on the line up year after year, and these acts are faaaaar from being an Eminem, Dr Dre or Missy Elliott level...

Kings of Leon are faaaar from being The Rolling Stones too but it is what it is

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Matt86 said:

But then, a little bit more year after year.. and now in 2022, look at the first names : slowthai, princess nokia, yunglean, rilès, etc.... 

These IMO aren't that bad and even good, but yes, I would pay extra if it guarantees that Megan thee Stallion won't be there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Gotta say, would not be surprised with the booking - but it would surely be the last nail in the "less ispired set of headliners we ever got (aside 2017, of course)" coffin .

But wouldn't Megan Thee Stallion be a more inspired booking than Arctic Monkeys who just played there in 2018 and Kings Of Leon who basically play every festival season and still rely on two hits they've had in 2009?