Sziget 2022

Matt86

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

Could see all 3 headlining sziget. Disclosure maybe on the smaller side but they put on a fantastic show and are a great booking for a cheaper headliner

Ezra is nowhere near headliner in mainland Europe, he opened the main stage when played Sziget in 2017. Disclosure probably will close after some arena-sized act (like Kygo after Shawn Mendes).
Bastille play there once in every two years so it's almost a certainty.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

Kings of Leon are coming 🤠 it has been confirmend here 🌞

Also Disclosure aren't headlining at Primavera Sound, I think it would be same at Sziget

Primavera is stacked though.

Would be a bit weird disclosure playing in the early evening sun, unless they headline the A38.

I really can't imagine Disclosure or George Ezra being big enough to headline Sziget. Strong subs perhaps.

Saw Ezra headline Latitude a couple of years ago and it was underwhelming. Saw Disclosure at the same festival a couple of years before that and they were electric but I wouldn't put them at headliner level at a festival the size of Sziget tbh.

Well.. !, its been now 15 days exactly since the Sziget message " first names very soon " lol... I guess we're all fucked 🤣 🤣

I have a "meeting" with many friends this week-end, and I was hoping to have some names by then, in order to convince most of them to come (so far we're only 2 ☹️) Hurry up guys, this is time when people decide what to do next Summer !

22 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Well.. !, its been now 15 days exactly since the Sziget message " first names very soon " lol... I guess we're all fucked 🤣 🤣

I have a "meeting" with many friends this week-end, and I was hoping to have some names by then, in order to convince most of them to come (so far we're only 2 ☹️) Hurry up guys, this is time when people decide what to do next Summer !

Leaks would have popped up by now if we were having an announcement this week. I think we are still awaiting an act announcing their tour before they have any updates. There must be an announcement next week at some point but they normally have some sort of announcement with names coming in a few days etc. The first week in November has been good for announcements before.

I can see a few acts from Broadmasters being in with a shout. Bastille were okay a few years ago and so was Ezra but I can’t see much change from the last cancelled line up. Its not often Leaks is wrong.  I seen Disclosure a few years ago at T in the park and they were very good but I can’t see them headlining unless it’s the tent.  I have never heard off Strome  and I am not sure how many French Belgium fans go to the Festival, from what I recall there were not many if any. I am not sure how much of a pull he will have in Hungary.

21 minutes ago, thetime said:

They seem perfect for headline the a38

Probably too big for A38 - would be a really big booking if they got it though. Closing set after another headliner would be ideal really, after George Ezra would honestly be good.

Edited by gfa

21 minutes ago, gfa said:

Probably too big for A38 - would be a really big booking if they got it though. Closing set after another headliner would be ideal really, after George Ezra would honestly be good.

With the main stage cutting of at 11pm, is that possible. I could probably understand if it was say a werchter when it goes on until 1am-2am or other festivals that go on most of the night. A headliner playing at 7.30pm though.

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I wonder if it's possible to get an Arctic Monkeys return, as far as I know they're working on the next album.

I think every festival organiser will want to hear that album before they pay megabucks to book them. Once bitten, twice shy in relation to Transquility Base I would think.

That said, it would appear they are waiting for someone....but who? I would assume it's a U.S act. Taylor Swift? The Boss? Eminem? A.N.Other? They're all expected to be announcing something soon.

13 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I think every festival organiser will want to hear that album before they pay megabucks to book them. Once bitten, twice shy in relation to Transquility Base I would think.

I think that festival bookers would be very interested into AM as long as they play most of their old bangers.

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I think that festival bookers would be very interested into AM as long as they play most of their old bangers.

They don't though really, when i saw them they played 2 songs off the first album although i think more people care about AM anyway and they play like 80% of that every show

14 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

That said, it would appear they are waiting for someone....but who? I would assume it's a U.S act. Taylor Swift? The Boss? Eminem? A.N.Other? They're all expected to be announcing something soon.

They sell tickets regardless, don't think they are that bothered honestly. Sziget is a hard one to sell out though vs other festivals so I guess for sziget it matters more, whereas most other festivals don't have that issue.

Taylor isn't touring, Eminem maybe though, been a while since he toured.

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

They don't though really, when i saw them they played 2 songs off the first album although i think more people care about AM anyway and they play like 80% of that every show

Yes you're right, but I guess 2013 is kinda old for me already. 😄

7 minutes ago, Sziget2022_Leaks said:

You'll have to wait a bit more.

😢

35 minutes ago, Sziget2022_Leaks said:

You'll have to wait a bit more.

Thanks for the update I can now stop checking every hour.

O well, can you drop a hint if they are awaiting a new name/Headliner to be added? Bruce or someone 🙂 or just sorting out some names further down the bill.