Sziget 2022

Matt86

38 minutes ago, cirez said:

didn't know that, haven't seen anything on his social media
you mean solo or festival dates?

I'm 100% he's about to announce a/some solo date in Italy since all organizers began to tease it tonight (an example from live nation italy), so I guess he'll announce even more soon

this is what we have so far : (but of course, mores' about to come, thats not enough lol)

thumbnail_Image-1.png

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Matt86 said:

this is what we have so far : (but of course, mores' about to come, thats not enough lol)

thumbnail_Image-1.png

I have literally never heard of Stromae prior to him being mentioned on here. What sort of interest does he command in Europe? Is he likely to be headliner, co-headliner or sub?

40 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I have literally never heard of Stromae prior to him being mentioned on here. What sort of interest does he command in Europe? Is he likely to be headliner, co-headliner or sub?

In Belgium, Switzerland or France, this is headline level. In the rest of Europe, I would say at least co-head (in 2014 at Sziget, the A38 was full, people couldn't get in anymore so if he is here in 2022, he'll be on the mainstage, 100% sure)

He'll also be at Coachella, we will see where on the line up, it can give you an idea ^^

15 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

In Belgium, Switzerland or France, this is headline level. In the rest of Europe, I would say at least co-head (in 2014 at Sziget, the A38 was full, people couldn't get in anymore so if he is here in 2022, he'll be on the mainstage, 100% sure)

He'll also be at Coachella, we will see where on the line up, it can give you an idea ^^

I wouldn't consider Coachella placement seriously. Coachella plaves every European act in very small font if they are not that big in the United States. In 2015 Stromae was on the third line in Coachella while he was the headliner in Rock Werchter

2 hours ago, On The Blend said:

Thought I'd throw some hopes out there and then people can shoot them down if it turns out that they're not going to happen. 

My wishlist in order of likelihood:

• Foals
  • Seasick Steve
  • Pixies
  • Florence & the Machine 
  • London Grammar
  • IDLES
  • Dropkick Murphys
  • Gorillaz
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Rage Against the Machine

Pretty sure Pixies are playing Budapest a couple of weeks after Sziget so I'd guess that puts that at 0% likelihood. Which is a massive shame.

3 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Coldplay just added some concert dates and will be in Belgium on August 9 and in UK from August 12-20 - I think that pretty much rules them out no?

Yep (well I ruled them out like 2 weeks ago but others didn't 🙄)

5 hours ago, Matt86 said:

There's no way hes co-head in the UK. I hadn't heard of him except in here (obviously know alor en danse but thought he was a one hit wonder to be honest)

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

There's no way hes co-head in the UK.

He's not. I'd say this is reversed Biffy Clyro situation (huge in the UK but playing small clubs or early festival spots in mainland Europe).

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

I hadn't heard of him except in here (obviously know alor en danse but thought he was a one hit wonder to be honest)

Papaoutai? Tous les mêmes? Probably even bigger hits than Alors on danse...

Can anyone make an educated guess as to when tickets will be on general sale? And how likely I'd be to get tickets?

Looking to get a couple for a present. I was thinking of getting FIB tickets as a backup. They go on sale 10 November so if Sziget tickets aren't on sale by then I'm not sure what to do.

45 minutes ago, Amanzi said:

Can anyone make an educated guess as to when tickets will be on general sale? And how likely I'd be to get tickets?

Looking to get a couple for a present. I was thinking of getting FIB tickets as a backup. They go on sale 10 November so if Sziget tickets aren't on sale by then I'm not sure what to do.

Tickets don't sell out for Sziget. You'll be absolutely fine. Also, suspect they'll go on sale around the same time as FIB.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Amanzi said:

Before the general sale, Sziget must tell which artists are gonna perform which days. So people can choose when to come if they don't take the 6 days pass.

Soooo I would say 10th of November is a reasonnable guess ! ^^ But I'm sure we'll have names before that, if not this week , the first of November.

• Like 1