Sziget 2022

Matt86

29 minutes ago, gregory said:

I don't know if it's much to go on but The Beatles begin their 1st full foreign tour in Sweden 59 years ago today... could we see Ringo at Sziget 2022? 

Lest we forget that Led Zeppelin allegedly played their first gig with the new name 53 years ago today.... Zeppelin confirmed?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

I don't know if it's much to go on but MCR's The Black Parade came out 15 years ago today... could we see My Chemical Romance at Sziget 2022?

Not a chance dude. As we already said before on this forum, they are meant to be at VOLT festival in June.

• Like 1

So, who do we all want to see at Sziget this year (below headliners?) 

I'd love the following dozen, who are all playing gig/festivals next summer:

- Sam Fender

- Sports Team

- Foals

- Frank Turner

- Jungle

- Nothing But Thieves

- Royal Blood

- Editors

- London Grammar

- Phoebe Bridgers

- Caribou

- Black Honey

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

- Sam Fender

- Sports Team

- Foals

- Frank Turner

- Jungle

- Nothing But Thieves

- Royal Blood

- Editors

- London Grammar

- Phoebe Bridgers

- Caribou

- Black Honey

I would love to see Jungle again, but they were at Sziget in 2019, idk if it is possible for them to come back next year 😕

And what I would like to hear at Sziget next year is:

-Glass Animals

-Foals

-Beach House

-Cigarettes After Sex 

- Parov Stelar

-Cage the Elephant

-Chet Faker

-Keane

-ZHU

-Foster the People

-Of Monsters and Men

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

- Sam Fender

- Sports Team

- Foals

- Frank Turner

- Jungle

- Nothing But Thieves

- Royal Blood

- Editors

- London Grammar

- Phoebe Bridgers

- Caribou

- Black Honey

Who I'd love to see and also possible hmm ? :

- Placebo

- The Script

- Infected Mushroom

- Kensington and Keane, hope they're back..

- Jimmy Eat World

- Papa Roach

- Ava Max or MARINA

- Switchfoot

18 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

I'm probably wrong... but... I have a feeling that romorrow Sziget is going to post that they are announcing their first names on Tuesday, they are teasing us for over 10 days now on instagram 🙃 and I'm getting very impatient. If not, I'm expecting to get first announcment in first week of November, scond at last ☹

Well, I was very wrong 🙃

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

Well, I was very wrong 🙃

@Sziget2022_Leaks said earlier this month that the plan he (or she) had heard was that the first announcement was going to take place in the early part of November. It's looking very likely that will be the case now, so I'm going with Thursday 4 November (plus, that's my daughter's birthday so it'd be a nice present for her!) 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

@Sziget2022_Leaks said earlier this month that the plan he (or she) had heard was that the first announcement was going to take place in the early part of November. It's looking very likely that will be the case now, so I'm going with Thursday 4 November (plus, that's my daughter's birthday so it'd be a nice present for her!) 

I still believe we'll have something by the end of the week ^^

30 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Bit behind on all the rumours of who's playing, who do we think is going to swipe up the headliner slots?

In truth, nobody knows other than @Sziget2022_Leaks who has indicated that Dua Lipa and Kings of Leon are set to headline. Other than that it's anybody's guess who the other four are (and a few of us did just that a few pages back).

We know it's not The Strokes or RHCP but I think that's about it.

Edited by swelsbyuk

34 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

In truth, nobody knows other than @Sziget2022_Leaks who has indicated that Dua Lipa and Kings of Leon are set to headline. Other than that it's anybody's guess who the other four are (and a few of us did just that a few pages back).

We know it's not The Strokes or RHCP but I think that's about it.

No worries! i'll have a look few some of the past pages, maybe wishful thinking but with Tame Impala being in France late August i'm hoping he turns up here

16 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I think Tame Impala is the nearest we've got to a 'very likely' at the moment. 

dont forget Nick Cave .. 😞 😓

Also, I've looked "everywhere" I think of, and there's absolutely no sign of Calvin Harris or Major Lazer.. ! Are they waiting for announcing all at once, or aren't they available for 2022.. ? If they're not here anymore, Sziget clearly have space for headliners, because I don't think there'll be "only" 6 of them.

Look at others fests', it is now common to have 2 headliners per day, especially when it comes to EDM acts which are always better at night.

So I'm expecting a total of 8 headliners + 4 supporting acts ("instead of" 6+6 ).

(for example, in 2019, Jain was clearly a supporting act for Ed Sheeran, whereas Macklemore was more of a co-headline for The National).

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Also, I've looked "everywhere" I think of, and there's absolutely no sign of Calvin Harris or Major Lazer.. ! Are they waiting for announcing all at once, or aren't they available for 2022.. ? If they're not here anymore, Sziget clearly have space for headliners, because I don't think there'll be "only" 6 of them.

In 2020 Major Lazer were announced for Mad Cool and Sziget, and they aren't on the lineup for Mad Cool in 2022 anymore

and Calvin Harris was announced for Creamfields and Sziget in 2020 and currently there's nothing out for Creamfields, so we don't know anything about him yet 🤷🏼‍♂️ I still hope he will be announced 🤞🏼

48 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Also, I've looked "everywhere" I think of, and there's absolutely no sign of Calvin Harris or Major Lazer.. ! Are they waiting for announcing all at once, or aren't they available for 2022.. ? If they're not here anymore, Sziget clearly have space for headliners, because I don't think there'll be "only" 6 of them

DJs usually don't announce tour, Swedish House Mafia was a very isolated case. Also, most EDM festivals announce their lineups way later than other festivals, while clubs can announce acts even very few months/weeks before - those stuff combined gets you why you can't see loads of dates for those two acts (or any other dj whatsoever)

1 minute ago, Matt86 said:

he already announced something like 15 dates so far, you mean even more ?

didn't know that, haven't seen anything on his social media
you mean solo or festival dates?

I'm 100% he's about to announce a/some solo date in Italy since all organizers began to tease it tonight (an example from live nation italy), so I guess he'll announce even more soon