Sziget 2022

Matt86

1 hour ago, cirez said:

Swedish House Mafia Announce Tour, Share Video for New Song With the  Weeknd: Watch | Pitchfork

btw, sadly we have to rule out the mafia - hoping in a Calvin Harris comeback now

As I've said earlier, I know very little about EDM but I do know a large number of Calvin Harris tunes. So, I'm with you on this.

However, I did see Chemical Brothers earlier this summer and I've got to say, it might not be my sort of music particularly, but they were absolutely fantastic.

Edited by swelsbyuk

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

As I've said earlier, I know very little about EDM but I do know a large number of Calvin Harris tunes. So, I'm with you on this.

However, I did see Chemical Brothers earlier this summer and I've got to say, it might not be my sort of music particularly, but they were absolutely fantastic.

Chems would be a very welcome addition, best live act i've ever seen without a doubt and i'm 100% booking wherever they are next year, so if thats Sziget i'd be very happy 😄

• Upvote 1

Looking back they normally say a god few days before that they will make some announcement. Leaks said about October that only leaves next week. 

They have also made announcements in the first weeks off  November so I will be surprised if they don't drop names for the next few weeks. 

I just wish they would hurry up. 

What's the chances off Sam Fender ? 

Edited by Davidoff

28 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

Looking back they normally say a god few days before that they will make some announcement. Leaks said about October that only leaves next week. 

They have also made announcements in the first weeks off  November so I will be surprised if they don't drop names for the next few weeks. 

I just wish they would hurry up. 

What's the chances off Sam Fender ? 

I think Sam Fender is a very likely possibility based on him releasing a record soon as far as I know and he‘s from Europe and likely touring next year.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nitschd said:

I think Sam Fender is a very likely possibility based on him releasing a record soon as far as I know and he‘s from Europe and likely touring next year.

He's playing at Mad Cool Festival on July 10th, and Sziget share some names every year with Mad Cool, so I thik also it's very likely for him to be at Sziget 👀

• Thanks 1

Sam Fender would be a very welcome addition as far as our group is concerned. Five of us and all fans since he started (my daughter has seen him five time over the past three years so she'd be very happy).

If announced, where would he be likely be placed on the bill? Is he sub-level / A38 headliner or below that in Europe? 

5 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

The article says that it will be a separate show a few days before the actual festival. That's believable I think...

Hello! trying to figure out some plans for a festival abroad next year, my first two picks at the moment (Mad Cool and Primavera) are unfortunately sold out. Thankfully I love Budapest though and have always wanted to go to Sziget, have tickets for 2022 gone on sale yet and have people who bought tickets in 2020 had them rolled over?

50 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Hello! trying to figure out some plans for a festival abroad next year, my first two picks at the moment (Mad Cool and Primavera) are unfortunately sold out. Thankfully I love Budapest though and have always wanted to go to Sziget, have tickets for 2022 gone on sale yet and have people who bought tickets in 2020 had them rolled over?

I bought my ticket back in 2019 for 2020 and I rolled my ticket over. 🤠

Also there were 2 sales this year and both were for 48 hours only (early bird tickets and szitizen prime). 

Sziget should announce first names very soon and regular tickets will go on sale then (I suppose). ✌🏼

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Go to Sziget - you won’t regret it. There’ll be some decent headliners and a decent undercard....& but none of that’s the main thing -  it’s one of the best festivals you could ever be at... a proper WORLD party in a fantastic city. Every person you meet is from somewhere else, so much to explore on the island & in the city.  A Glastonbury level of life changer. Don’t hesitate.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, amfy said:

Go to Sziget - you won’t regret it. There’ll be some decent headliners and a decent undercard....& but none of that’s the main thing -  it’s one of the best festivals you could ever be at... a proper WORLD party in a fantastic city. Every person you meet is from somewhere else, so much to explore on the island & in the city.  A Glastonbury level of life changer. Don’t hesitate.

My festival choice every year, I work my festival calender and summer calender around sziget.

2 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Everything i've seen of Sziget looks amazing, definitely seems like there's a great atmosphere there! thanks for the replies, i'll keep an eye open for the next ticket sale

The price stays flat past szitizen prime which is done and i don't think it ever really sells out, so you have a good amount of time to make a decision.

I'm probably wrong... but... I have a feeling that romorrow Sziget is going to post that they are announcing their first names on Tuesday, they are teasing us for over 10 days now on instagram 🙃 and I'm getting very impatient. If not, I'm expecting to get first announcment in first week of November, scond at last ☹

• Upvote 1