Sziget 2022

Matt86

So... I did a quick research on instagram and looked up on what day of the week Sziget usually posts announcments for new names/artists. Turns out it's mostly on Tuesdays 🌞 The other days were Thursday (When Ed Sheeran was announced for Sziget, but that's because he also announced a tour) and Monday (when Arctic Monkeys were announced for Sziget 2018, and as much I remember that was also separate announcment because they were also announcing their tour).

Could we get first names for 2022 on 19th? -I think it's too soon. Or maybe on 26th? 😬

10 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

So... I did a quick research on instagram and looked up on what day of the week Sziget usually posts announcments for new names/artists. Turns out it's mostly on Tuesdays 🌞 The other days were Thursday (When Ed Sheeran was announced for Sziget, but that's because he also announced a tour) and Monday (when Arctic Monkeys were announced for Sziget 2018, and as much I remember that was also separate announcment because they were also announcing their tour).

Could we get first names for 2022 on 19th? -I think it's too soon. Or maybe on 26th? 😬

For what it worth, some good festivals in France (Garorock and Cabaret Vert) are giving names next Friday, the 22/10. They usually have names that could fit with Sziget, like L.Gallagher, 21Pilots, Foals, TDCC, The Strokes etc... , so I think we will get first names next week. I Can't imagine Sziget being the last to announce, and being "spoiled" by the others.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Matt86 said:

@Sziget2022_Leaks, maybe you can answer that : since this year it's gonna be 6 days instead of 7 , do you know if more acts are happening ? I've always thought that 4 gigs/day on the main stage isn't much...do you know if they might plan 5 gigs/day ?

I think we'll eather get more artists per day or bigger/better names 🤷🏼‍♂️ beacuse if Sziget is one day shorter budget should bigger? Right? 

Splitting the 7 day money over 6 days is only 16% being spent more per day, which isn't really that much I think in the grand scheme of things plus lots of the costs e.g. renting island, infrastructure etc will be very similar whether its 6 or 7 days.

I would prefer for A38 to go later with another big act than an extra act on the main stage due to the afternoon heat.

• Upvote 1

Mad Cool has announced again today and has extended to a 5th day. I do get the feeling that Sziget really needs to make its first line-up announcement in the next week or so. Mad Cool is already sold out I believe.

We can't attend Mad Cool as its in term-time and my wife's a teacher but, if that wasn't the case, I suspect we would have already chosen to attend two festivals next summer.

@Sziget2022_Leaks - any news on likely announcement timetable?

Edited by swelsbyuk

7 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Mad Cool has announced again today and has extended to a 5th day. I do get the feeling that Sziget really needs to make its first line-up announcement in the next week or so. Mad Cool is already sold out I believe.

We can't attend Mad Cool as its in term-time and my wife's a teacher but, if that wasn't the case, I suspect we would have already chosen to attend two festivals next summer.

@Sziget2022_Leaks - any news on likely announcement timetable?

Mad cool isn't really in competition with sziget I wouldnt have thought. Mad cool competition is more like rock werchter and nos alive.

Mad cool certainly reminds of werchter 10 years ago and more.

Edited by thetime

3 hours ago, thetime said:

Mad cool isn't really in competition with sziget I wouldnt have thought. Mad cool competition is more like rock werchter and nos alive.

Mad cool certainly reminds of werchter 10 years ago and more.

True I suspect. They're more than 1200 miles apart so hardly neighbours! I suppose I'm just looking at it as someone who, in theory, has the opportunity to visit either. 

42 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

True I suspect. They're more than 1200 miles apart so hardly neighbours! I suppose I'm just looking at it as someone who, in theory, has the opportunity to visit either. 

Yes it's one I've looked at and done a lot of research on, I actually got tickets last year but got a refund. The no camping option certainly is a negative. 

If it came to a sziget type festival or a mad cool type then sziget wins. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, thetime said:

Yes it's one I've looked at and done a lot of research on, I actually got tickets last year but got a refund. The no camping option certainly is a negative. 

If it came to a sziget type festival or a mad cool type then sziget wins. 

That's why MadCool has never been an option for me ^^ Camping is a too much important part of a fest' !

Anyway, with Mad Cool news, + some others giving names on Friday .. do you think Sziget will tell us tomorrow to "stay tuned" and then give us something the day after ?

I have to say it's getting hard to believe, even more when I see that VOLT and BALATON don't even have dates so far.. 😕 I would think at least VOLT give his line-up before Sziget..

Greetings 👋 Finally got to make an account after years of following this!

With regards to line-up, we know that Kings of Leon and Dua Lipa are definitely in but the lack of communication is ridiculous at this point. If they plan on keeping the line-up very similar to the last Sziget, what's the point of waiting until now without a single reveal?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

Greetings 👋 Finally got to make an account after years of following this!

With regards to line-up, we know that Kings of Leon and Dua Lipa are definitely in but the lack of communication is ridiculous at this point. If they plan on keeping the line-up very similar to the last Sziget, what's the point of waiting until now without a single reveal?

I get the feeling there will be one or two really big, surprising acts that they have up their sleeve and for whatever reason need to wait for the right time to tell us. 

• Like 1

Looking at other festivals announcements it seems that most of the festivals are going to have very strong lineups after 2 year absence, some of them even add an extra day, while Sziget is shorter so that kind of raises the expectations for Sziget lineup, it should be stronger than that 2020 to compete with others tbh.

24 minutes ago, Andrej said:

A friend from the industry says that Tame Impala are playing Sziget. Could be total BS and totally wrong, but posting it here cause who knows...

So, if correct, that puts the first three headliners as:

Tame Impala

Dua Lipa

Kings of Leon

So, in this case, we can expect an additional EDM headliner, a rap headliner and possibly a wildcard mega name?

I can't imagine the mega name being Coldplay in this case, that would make half the headliners as MOR rock / indie in Coldplay, KOL and Tame Impala and that doesn't sound like a good balance tbh.

Edited by swelsbyuk

22 minutes ago, Andrej said:

A friend from the industry says that Tame Impala are playing Sziget. Could be total BS and totally wrong, but posting it here cause who knows...

There is actually a chance for Tame Impala to play at Sziget. He's playing at Primavera Sound in Barcelona, which is in begining of June and at Rock En Seine which is at the end of August, so... he will be in Europe, or at least I think he will be 

6 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

I don't know if it's too much to go on but The Chainsmokers have an upcoming album and will be in Europe in May 2022 and Marshmello will play Airbeat-One in Germany in July... both have prior relationships with Sziget so who knows.

EDM isn't my sort of music at all but I've got to say I really enjoyed the 'show' put on by Martin Garrix in 2019. Are Chainsmokers / Marshmello performances likely to be similar?