Sziget 2022

Matt86

25 minutes ago, gfa said:

He played the last edition, very unlikely to come back again so soon. Probably just having a break or maybe something one off away from the main tour

Ed joined Coldplay on stage in London a couple of nights ago. Maybe he's told them how cool Sziget is? 😉

I doubt they'd go with Ed again but although it was the last festival, it will still have been three years 😞

Plus, as anyone who was there will attest, it was majorly frickin' busy on Ed night so tickets would fly out of the door once again no doubt. And Sziget is a business......

Edited by swelsbyuk

Ed might have been at the last Sziget, but it will still be a 3 year gap - so who knows?

We have booked for next year on the Prime release, but I have to tell you that I was somewhat surprised to then come here and find you discussing potential headliners! I had read this....

https://www.maximaltrips.com/blog/sziget/sziget-headliners

& with a double headline of ‘The Sziget headliners 2022 are amazing!’, I read the list as being next years headliners, completely missing the bit where it said ‘this is who they had booked for 2020!’

Anyway, it’s done now, and between the overall vibe of the festival, the overall amazingness of Budapest, & the fact that they always book some decent acts along with some weird and wonderful stuff from across the continent that I have never heard before, I have no regrets!

See you there!

🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amfy said:

Ed might have been at the last Sziget, but it will still be a 3 year gap - so who knows?

We have booked for next year on the Prime release, but I have to tell you that I was somewhat surprised to then come here and find you discussing potential headliners! I had read this....

https://www.maximaltrips.com/blog/sziget/sziget-headliners

& with a double headline of ‘The Sziget headliners 2022 are amazing!’, I read the list as being next years headliners, completely missing the bit where it said ‘this is who they had booked for 2020!’

This page is 100% bullshit lol, saw it too a few weeks ago ^^ +, I have never seen a headliner coming 2 years in a row. So Ed Sheeran is nt possible to me, clearly not.

10 minutes ago, SkaPanda said:

👀

coldplay.jpeg

Ok, so Coldplay will open or close the Sziget Festival (10 or 15 August). End of discussion.

LOL 😄

6 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

This page is 100% bullshit lol, saw it too a few weeks ago ^^ +, I have never seen a headliner coming 2 years in a row. So Ed Sheeran is nt possible to me, clearly not.

Ok, so Coldplay will open or close the Sziget Festival (10 or 15 August). End of discussion.

LOL 😄

They'll open - the gap between 6 and 12 leaves 10 August wide-open for them.

Would love to know why (if it's correct) it hasn't been included as part of this announcement.

15 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

They'll open - the gap between 6 and 12 leaves 10 August wide-open for them.

Would love to know why (if it's correct) it hasn't been included as part of this announcement.

It hasn't been included because they won't be there lol. Stop dreaming and be more realistic guys... Major Lazer as a headliner incoming 😂

There maybe a gap and I am not ruling it out but I just cant see Coldplay or Ed doing any days there. They have had Foos,Ed and Pink for the last few years so you never know. I am more incline to think a band like Imagine Dragons, NIc Cave even kasabian or what was on the bill for 2020 to be there.  London Grammer are touring with Coldplay for some dates and they would be a decent shout. 

3 hours ago, Newjem said:

It hasn't been included because they won't be there lol. Stop dreaming and be more realistic guys... Major Lazer as a headliner incoming 😂

They have a single date in Brazil, theres clearly more stuff to come with this tour. Way too early to rule them out

1 hour ago, gfa said:

They have a single date in Brazil, theres clearly more stuff to come with this tour. Way too early to rule them out

Ok, I will rule them out next week...

Keep in mind this tour will be hella different. Coldplay want their tour to be as environmentally friendly as possible. They even made website about it. I really don't expect them to travel that much, especially for a festival which they rarely do nowadays.

42 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Ok, I will rule them out next week...

Keep in mind this tour will be hella different. Coldplay want their tour to be as environmentally friendly as possible. They even made website about it. I really don't expect them to travel that much, especially for a festival which they rarely do nowadays.

And what festival try to be " as environmentally friendly as possible " in Europe..? 😉 I'm sure Szigets' gonna try to book them. I'd rather have a stronger rock headliner, but I recognize that Coldplay would be perfect for Sziget.

14 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

And what festival try to be " as environmentally friendly as possible " in Europe..? 😉 I'm sure Szigets' gonna try to book them. I'd rather have a stronger rock headliner, but I recognize that Coldplay would be perfect for Sziget.

It's not about Sziget being environmentally friendy. It's about the trip they would have to make. Brussels -> London make much more sense than Brussels -> Budapest -> London when you're trying to reduce your environmental footprint. They specifically mention that on the website: "The tour routing has been planned to reduce travel and freighting between shows – with a particular emphasis on minimising air travel." It really doesn't make sense to drive through half of Europe just for one show and then come back.

The other question is why it wasn't announced today then? Tour poster includes a festival date and Coldplay are big enough for solo announcement (just like Ed in 2019) so I can't think of any logical explanation...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

It's not about Sziget being environmentally friendy. It's about the trip they would have to make. Brussels -> London make much more sense than Brussels -> Budapest -> London when you're trying to reduce your environmental footprint. They specifically mention that on the website: "The tour routing has been planned to reduce travel and freighting between shows – with a particular emphasis on minimising air travel." It really doesn't make sense to drive through half of Europe just for one show and then come back.

The other question is why it wasn't announced today then? Tour poster includes a festival date and Coldplay are big enough for solo announcement (just like Ed in 2019) so I can't think of any logical explanation...

I genuinely don't have a clue on this but how much equipment would a band normally take to a festival? When they play their own gigs they have the whole stage, lighting, instruments etc. I'm sure I read that for the biggest shows (U2 iirc) they use about 16 lorries to transport. But surely a festival appearance would need far, far less?   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I genuinely don't have a clue on this but how much equipment would a band normally take to a festival? When they play their own gigs they have the whole stage, lighting, instruments etc. I'm sure I read that for the biggest shows (U2 iirc) they use about 16 lorries to transport. But surely a festival appearance would need far, far less?   

Really? Only 16? Rammstein had over 60 lorries for their 2019 tour. Bands that usually headline large festivals use around 10 lorries (sometimes even more) just for getting all equipment to the festival (I know that from people who run a festival in Czechia).

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Really? Only 16? Rammstein had over 60 lorries for their 2019 tour. Bands that usually headline large festivals use around 10 lorries (sometimes even more) just for getting all equipment to the festival (I know that from people who run a festival in Czechia).

Ah, maybe my memory's playing tricks. Perhaps it was 60 rather than 16 that I read. Wow, that really is a significant amount of extra traffic and pollution!

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Stromae will premiere a new music video on YouTube later today 👀

For this song:

Didn't Stromae guest on Coldplay's last album? Just sayin'

Incidentally, after giving Coldplay's new album a listen this morning, I'm going off the idea of them headlining a day..... 

4 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Adele also released a new song. Tour announcement imminent?

BST announcement today apparently, maybe at 12 i'd guess

14 hours ago, Newjem said:

They are taking a private jet between shows while the equipment goes on trucks. its all advertising bs really