Sziget 2022

Matt86

6 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Tame Impala

Kings of Leon (edit: or Imagine Dragons)

My Chemical Romance (edit: or Panic! at the Disco)

Stromae

Dua Lipa or Lady Gaga

Eminem

As a big fan of My Chemical Romance (tattoo etc.. lol), I can tell you they will NOT be at Sziget in 2022. 100% sure 😞 (they might be at VOLT though, I think that was the plan for 2021)

Kings of Leon : maybe, yes... but as for every US bands / artists, I have doubts about the fact they're staying more than a month and a half in Europe ( they start their EU trip the 13th of June.. but who knows, they don't have that much dates so far !)

Same goes for Billie Eilish, in Europe from the 3rd of June 'til the 2nd of July so far. AND she starts her Australian tour early September, seems to me she'll rest in August.. !

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Yes, a friend of mine is a massive fan of Nick Cave (to the point of him now largely forgoing almost all other music) and has tried to get me on board on numerous occasions over the past couple of decades. It all just sounds like a dirge to me. I think it's probably his voice that I just find so affected. 

Love The National though!

Same here, I've tried Nick Cave ( 2 albums + some singles) 'cause I know how talented the man is ! ... but I just can't. I strongly believe he is made for inside shows, not for festivals.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Might be completely off on this but surely Stromae has dropped off ridiculously since the last time he played? Is he releasing new material because theres nothing new since 2013 on spotify and thats 8 years, probably would stick with a similar slot as before? Noticed everyone seems to be putting Stromae really high for what seems to be no reason?

I can answer to that ^^ : in 2014, Stromae just released a great album, HUGE success in Belgium and France . But after a drug treatment  for malaria in 2015, he got very sick (could have died) and disappeared for a long time. He's better since 2017, but prefers to work "in the shadows", for other artists notably.

I think you can consider his "headline" status because it's a kind of come back, + he "left" while he was at the top. (I can also tell you he cost 500.000€, according to promoters)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Dua Lipa / Major Lazer (joint headliners)
Kings of Leon
Calvin Harris / A$AP Rocky (joint headliners)
Nick Cave / Stromae (joint headliners)
Tame Impala
Coldplay

Many of them make sense ^^ Ok my turn to play :

Stromae / Marina

Nick Cave / Placebo

Calvin Harris / A$AP Rocky

Lady Gaga (or Dua Lipa) / Lewis Capaldi

Imagine Dragons / Stormzy

Biffy Clyro / Major Lazer (snif.. 😢 )

+, I still think that a COLDPLAY big surprise is possible... Sziget HAS to have a big name, to "challenge" Glastonbury lol..

• Upvote 1

Agreed that Sziget needs a mega-booking. Who could that be? Unlikely to a Fleetwood Mac / Rolling Stones heritage act. I've listed the 'stadium' acts I think might be possible below.

AC/DC - are they set to announce a tour? Would they suit Sziget?

Adele - new album coming soon. Will she tour? Will she play festivals when she could sell out stadiums on her own?

Beyonce - not toured in five years so must be due something but no rumours of new music.

Billie Eilish - perhaps not quite at the same mega-level as the others on the list

Coldplay - album coming very soon. Tour seems likely. But festivals?

Ed Sheeran - unlikely due to 2019 booking

Eminem - playing Superbowl in Feb. Tour highly likely but only plays small number of dates when touring

Foo Fighters - unlikely due to 2019 booking

Lady Gaga - will be touring

RHCP - U.S tour prevents appearance

Taylor Swift - likely to announce a tour soon and was due to play festivals in Europe in 2021

I'm sure I've missed some there so will wait on corrections!

Edited by swelsbyuk

6 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Same here, I've tried Nick Cave ( 2 albums + some singles) 'cause I know how talented the man is ! ... but I just can't. I strongly believe he is made for inside shows, not for festivals.

After seeing nick cave perform at festivals since the late 90's I strongly disagree. I would class his Glastonbury 1998 sub headliner slot for pulp one my fave ever sets.

But I'm on a losing discussion on this one. 😍

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I've seen Nick Cave at Rock Werchter 2018 and it was one of the best festival shows -period- I've ever witnessed. Very much looking forward to his shows at Primavera and TWC next year. The man is a beast live. If you get the chance, go see him with his bad seeds. 

Edited by lighthouse

9 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I've seen Nick Cave at Rock Werchter 2018 and it was one of the best festival shows -period- I've ever witnessed. Very much looking forward to his shows at Primavera and TWC next year. The man is a beast live. If you get the chance, go see him with his bad seeds. 

Gutting that Nick Cave/Placebo are doing werchter classic rather than the main rock werchter festival. Even more gutting the Werchter Classic is on my daughters birthday. 😔

3 hours ago, thetime said:

After seeing nick cave perform at festivals since the late 90's I strongly disagree. I would class his Glastonbury 1998 sub headliner slot for pulp one my fave ever sets.

If he plays, I'll watch. I might not be a fan but I could imagine he's a very charismatic performer so worth a try. Silly to dismiss anyone live based on long-standing prejudices of their recorded works (except Major Lazer obviously). 

10 hours ago, Matt86 said:

As a big fan of My Chemical Romance (tattoo etc.. lol), I can tell you they will NOT be at Sziget in 2022. 100% sure 😞 (they might be at VOLT though, I think that was the plan for 2021)

Why are you so sure? 😛 According to their website they don't have anything booked between June 21 and August 29. But yeah, they might be announced for VOLT because they were before but plans can change as both festivals are managed by the Sziget staff.

23 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Why are you so sure? 😛 According to their website they don't have anything booked between June 21 and August 29. But yeah, they might be announced for VOLT because they were before but plans can change as both festivals are managed by the Sziget staff.

Surprised Volt and balaton sound haven't announced yet, especially as they are earlier in the year. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, thetime said:

lool yep I know we won't agree on this one, and that's okay 😄 I just have serious doubts between Nick Cave and the young drunk Sziget crowd.. but I'll be there, at least for 20 minutes in order to be able to talk about it ^^

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

If he plays, I'll watch. I might not be a fan but I could imagine he's a very charismatic performer so worth a try. Silly to dismiss anyone live based on long-standing prejudices of their recorded works (except Major Lazer obviously). 

man you really HATE Major Lazer don't you 🤣 can't say I like them much though, I would take any other EDM  instead

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

well, just by looking at their dates, you have a beginning of an answer ^^ plus, they'll spend the big holidays with their families, for most of them. So no dates in July and August.

4 hours ago, thetime said:

Gutting that Nick Cave/Placebo are doing werchter classic rather than the main rock werchter festival. Even more gutting the Werchter Classic is on my daughters birthday. 😔

Sad to hear that. But you'll see him at Primavera too, right? I'll be joining you for a beer, shouting along to Billy Dilly being killed off. 

12 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I wasn't a fan either. Before INMusic 2018 i tried to listen to setlist songs, but didn't get the fuss about him, while everyone was so excited.  

But than 🙌, he is genius on stage. One of the best gigs i've been to, looking forward to 2022 to see him again.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Sad to hear that. But you'll see him at Primavera too, right? I'll be joining you for a beer, shouting along to Billy Dilly being killed off. 

No mate, did not get tickets. I am doing INMusic fest though in Croatia end of June. Quality lineup that one for the money. althoigh im thinking of primavra porto, just a shame the middle day is a bit weak for my taste.

The Barca version of primavera is perhaps the best lineup of all time over the 2 weekends.

Edited by thetime

2 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I don't know about their EU Tour, but that could be interesting indeed, a beautiful catch for a festival

They're playing across Europe from end of May to end of July. Not sure how I'd feel about that booking to be honest. It's essentially a very good bit of karaoke. But the songs are timeless and it'll be a great singalong etc. I'd certainly attend but whether I'd be happy if they're announced instead of, say, Queens of the Stone Age is another matter. 

Edited by swelsbyuk

58 minutes ago, UnBiloTitled said:

What do you think about Swedish House Mafia?
Not really my cup of tea, but Sziget usually has a big EDM headliner.
Not sure if/how they will tour next year tho.

I'm afraid that we'll might get Marshmello, I think he's supposed to play at Fm4Frequency in Austia (next year, he was announced for this year tho) and he was announced for Volt festival in 2020, and Sziegt always mix artists between Volt, Balaton Sound and Sziget all the time 🙇🏼‍♂️

For example,

Kygo was at Sziget in 2018 and at Balaton Sound in 2019

Mashmello was at Balaton in 2019 and was announced for Volt for 2020

Martin Garrix was at Balaton Sound in 2018 and at Sziget in 2019 

I really have no idea at this point about EDM artist and my head is full of names and artists these days 🥴 I just hope Sziget will keep Calvin Harris 🤞🏼

55 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

How soon are we talking about? 🤠

I guess in 2-3 weeks maybe 🌞

Screenshot_20211013-120035_Instagram.jpg

2-3 weeks ? no, I would say 2-3 DAYS max. Maybe even later today actually, they could give some names and say "hey, tickets sale starting Friday! " or something like that

Anyway, our dear @Sziget2022_Leaks is late this year... ! 😉

15 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

2-3 weeks ? no, I would say 2-3 DAYS max. Maybe even later today actually, they could give some names and say "hey, tickets sale starting Friday! " or something like that

Anyway, our dear @Sziget2022_Leaks is late this year... ! 😉

How do you know that tickets are on sale this Friday? 0.o

I mean that's great if we are getting new names in 2-3 days 🤞

Edit: Sorry, I read that wrong, I was too excited, lol

Edited by ReljaGajić