Sziget 2022

Matt86

1 hour ago, ReljaGajić said:

I just found out that Guns N' Roses have Europe summer tour in 2022. Last date in Europe is July 15th and the next date is 18th November in Australia. What do yall think, is it possible for them to come to Sziget? 🤷‍♂️😬

I don't think enough people less than 50 years old are even remotely interested in GnR. It's really a band that didn't survive the test of time, I think. So, I don't see it at Sziget.

1 hour ago, ReljaGajić said:

I just found out that Guns N' Roses have Europe summer tour in 2022. Last date in Europe is July 15th and the next date is 18th November in Australia. What do yall think, is it possible for them to come to Sziget? 🤷‍♂️😬

I don't think so 😕 Their EU Tour starts the 4th of June, I don't think they'll spent enough time in Europe to be there. But I disagree with @EV123, they are a Stadium size band, look where they perform in their EU Tour... If you think that more people would be interested in Nick Cave than the Guns.., you are wrong.

• Upvote 2

Guns n Roses big enough? Of course they are, will they? Not a chance.

Look at Sziget headliners, when was the last time a band like Guns n Roses played? 

How about BMTH? Playing Budapest in Feb in a arena, so are big enough to headline and also playing Finland during Sziget so will be available or already booked.

2 hours ago, thetime said:

BMTH or Liam Gallagher

NIck Cave

Garrix

Liam

pop headliner

rapper

You put Liam twice, start again ! and take a risk, give us names for pop and rap headliners 😜 (I would love to have Garrix again, he did great in 2019..But I don't think he'll already be back)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, thetime said:

BMTH or Liam Gallagher

NIck Cave

Garrix

Liam

pop headliner

rapper

It would be the weakest set of headliners I've ever witnessed... I understand that Pop and Hip Hop heads might be big-BIG, but uh, the rock names would be underwhelming.

Plus, and I speak as a non-UK attendant, neither BMTH or Liam Gallagher have any appetibility as headliner - not even in a co-head scenario. For what I can recall, they never headed any non-british major fest, also. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

It would be the weakest set of headliners I've ever witnessed... I understand that Pop and Hip Hop heads might be big-BIG, but uh, the rock names would be underwhelming.

Plus, and I speak as a non-UK attendant, neither BMTH or Liam Gallagher have any appetibility as headliner - not even in a co-head scenario. For what I can recall, they never headed any non-british major fest, also. 

Liam headlined Bilbao BBK and Pohoda festivals in 2019.

27 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Tame Impala

Kings of Leon (edit: or Imagine Dragons)

Panic! at the Disco (edit: or My Chemical Romance)

Stromae

Dua Lipa or Lady Gaga

Eminem

This is almost identical to mine, although I fear that having Lady Gaga and Eminem on the same bill would destroy the budget!

Tame Impala

Nick Cave

Lady Gaga

Kings of Leon

Kygo

Eminem

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

This is almost identical to mine:

Tame Impala

Nick Cave

Lady Gaga

Kings of Leon

Kygo

Eminem

Yeah, I would like to see Nick Cave but I don't think he's going to be booked because he doesn't seem to fit to the newer "Sziget style", so I replaced that spot with My Chemical Romance. If MCR won't be available, I think they will search for another pop punk band like Panic!, Blink-182, Paramore, Green Day etc. if possible.

I also have some doubts if Tame Impala fits the Sziget style, but I hope they'll be there. If they're coming to Sziget I expect on that day to have a strong sub, maybe a British act like Foals, Liam or Biffy Clyro.

Kings of Leon were announced before and they still have the chance to show up.

I know that Stromae had a full house concert in A38 in 2014, so maybe he will be on the Main Stage this time if he comes to Sziget. I don't know if he's that popular, so if he will be there I expect another strong sub as on the Tame Impala day.

Lady Gaga would be the better female pop act choice, but Dua Lipa is very popular nowadays and maybe less expensive. Maybe Billie Eilish also have a chance to show up.

And yeah, it would be nice to have Eminem. This time for real. 😄

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Yeah, I would like to see Nick Cave but I don't think he's going to be booked because he doesn't seem to fit to the newer "Sziget style", so I replaced that spot with My Chemical Romance. If MCR won't be available, I think they will search for another pop punk band like Panic!, Blink-182, Paramore, Green Day etc. if possible.

I also have some doubts if Tame Impala fits the Sziget style, but I hope they'll be there. If they're coming to Sziget I expect on that day to have a strong sub, maybe a British act like Foals, Liam or Biffy Clyro.

Kings of Leon were announced before and they still have the chance to show up.

I know that Stromae had a full house concert in A38 in 2014, so maybe he will be on the Main Stage this time if he comes to Sziget. I don't know if he's that popular, so if he will be there I expect another strong sub as on the Tame Impala day.

Lady Gaga would be the better female pop act choice, but Dua Lipa is very popular nowadays and maybe less expensive. Maybe Billie Eilish also have a chance to show up.

And yeah, it would be nice to have Eminem. This time for real. 😄

There are potential flaws in all of my suggestions:

Tame Impala - a 'big' band that perhaps doesn't have a huge following outside their own fanbase

Nick Cave - a 'marmite' indie act. Similar imho to The National

Lady Gaga - hugely expensive

Kings of Leon - a bit too average

Kygo - popular but on the wane possibly?

Eminem - probably more expensive than Gaga!

4 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Are The National really "marmite"? Unless the meaning of that phrase in this context has changed, I don't think enough people even care about them enough for it to ring true.

Marmite in this context was meant to mean people either love them or hate them, there's no middle ground of "I'm not a big fan but I'll go along and give them a go."

43 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

What I think Sziget has over most festivals in how long it is on for, so can have headliners to fill every need. One for the oldies and the newer stuff also. They usually do that very well and I think it will continue.

I am going to INMusic festival as Nick cave sealed the deal, plus its a cracking lineup for the price.

49 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

There are potential flaws in all of my suggestions:

Tame Impala - a 'big' band that perhaps doesn't have a huge following outside their own fanbase

Nick Cave - a 'marmite' indie act. Similar imho to The National

Lady Gaga - hugely expensive

Kings of Leon - a bit too average

Kygo - popular but on the wane possibly?

Eminem - probably more expensive than Gaga!

For Kygo a lot of different acts would be so much better from the same genre, just take one of the Tomorrowland or Creamfields headliners really. Swedish House Mafia or David Guetta maybe.

Also Liam Gallagher would definitely headline, 2/3 of his set is Oasis.

I think people are really understating the festivals budget honestly - 2019 had Ed and Foos which must cost a good few million each. Can't see say Gaga and Eminem the same year, I reckon the budget will have one big spend rock/indie artist then a big spend rap/pop one

32 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

What would you class his particular brand of music as? Rock? 

I'm not a fan so wouldn't know how to class it tbh and thought 'shit' would've been a bit rude, so went with 'indie'.

Incorrectly it would appear.

I wouldnt class him to any sort of music, just a genius in his field. 

He started as a punk band with birthday party and evolved from there. Nick cave has a fantastic body of work, which should be respected.

You ever listened to any of his albums?

18 minutes ago, thetime said:

I wouldnt class him to any sort of music, just a genius in his field. 

He started as a punk band with birthday party and evolved from there. Nick cave has a fantastic body of work, which should be respected.

You ever listened to any of his albums?

Yes, a friend of mine is a massive fan of Nick Cave (to the point of him now largely forgoing almost all other music) and has tried to get me on board on numerous occasions over the past couple of decades. It all just sounds like a dirge to me. I think it's probably his voice that I just find so affected. 

Love The National though!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

Dua Lipa / Major Lazer (joint headliners)
Kings of Leon
Calvin Harris / A$AP Rocky (joint headliners)
Nick Cave / Stromae (joint headliners)
Tame Impala
Coldplay

Might be completely off on this but surely Stromae has dropped off ridiculously since the last time he played? Is he releasing new material because theres nothing new since 2013 on spotify and thats 8 years, probably would stick with a similar slot as before? Noticed everyone seems to be putting Stromae really high for what seems to be no reason?