Sziget 2022

Matt86

On 10/4/2021 at 12:59 PM, Matt86 said:

Hi, usually when an artist come from the US or Australia, they spend 1 month -1 month and a half in Europe. Billie will headline Glaston ' Friday 24th June, so it seems very unlikely she'll be at Sziget.

That's not true.

Some artists come back to Europe again.

She's doing late summer festivals currently in America, think Sziget is still possible to be honest. How big is she in Eastern Europe (obviously sziget is very international but just curious whether she would be like a Foo Fighters size booking or much smaller out there)

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

So, who's taking the plunge on Sziget Prime over the next few days?

I've got five to buy. Giving serious consideration to VIP tickets as I'm old!

I've purchased mine on the 1st release, bit odd they were not in the prime gifts.

6 hours ago, tomi888 said:

"But for those of you who want to hear about the bands, we're close to signing a number of much-anticipated artists. We will be back with the latest news soon," said the organiser.

He speaks about the actual price of tickets and names soon but that's it.

First names for Rock en Seine out:

Stromae - Nick Cave - Tampe Impala - Jamie Xx - Kraftwerk - La Femme - The Blaze - Aurora - Los Bitchos - Jehnny Beth - Malik Djoudi - Diiv - The Liminanas

Would like to see Tame Impala and also The Blaze to return among others. blaze were fantastic in 2019

48 minutes ago, gfa said:

First names for Rock en Seine out:

Stromae - Nick Cave - Tampe Impala - Jamie Xx - Kraftwerk - La Femme - The Blaze - Aurora - Los Bitchos - Jehnny Beth - Malik Djoudi - Diiv - The Liminanas

Would like to see Tame Impala and also The Blaze to return among others. blaze were fantastic in 2019

I think Stromae will definitely be there, and Tame Impala probably step in for The Strokes.

(I know I might make ennemies by saying that ( 🤣 ), but I'm afraid Nick Cave is a strong possibility for Sziget .. the 14 or 15 of August .. (take a look at his tour plan, no dates in Hungary + free between 13 and 15/08 ..))

On the other hand, Stromae would be great ! even if 500.000€ is expensive , I hope Sziget will book him..

About Tame Impala, not a big fan but why not, never saw them live ! I'd rather take Biffy Clyro or Arctic Monkeys, but hey, it can't be perfect 🙂

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

(I know I might make ennemies by saying that ( 🤣 ), but I'm afraid Nick Cave is a strong possibility for Sziget .. the 14 or 15 of August .. (take a look at his tour plan, no dates in Hungary + free between 13 and 15/08 ..))

Fingers crossed he plays, would be beautiful to see him at Sziget. In my top 5 of all time favourite artists. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt86 said:

On the other hand, Stromae would be great ! even if 500.000€ is expensive , I hope Sziget will book him..

About Tame Impala, not a big fan but why not, never saw them live ! I'd rather take Biffy Clyro or Arctic Monkeys, but hey, it can't be perfect 🙂

For me 3 Nick Cave concerts in one year, considering that I don't know a single song by him, is too much 🙃

And Tame Impala is great live + all the confetti at the end of the show, laser show and trippy visuals in the back... 🥳

12 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

For me 3 Nick Cave concerts in one year, considering that I don't know a single song by him, is too much 🙃

And Tame Impala is great live + all the confetti at the end of the show, laser show and trippy visuals in the back... 🥳

mmmm OKAY then , let Tame Impala come ! lol 😄 but not as the Rock headliner, it is NOT rock music, it's ... hell I don't know what it is 🤣

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Nick Cave has got to be nailed on for 14/8. Can't see him closing the festival on 15/8 but you're right, there is a quite obvious gap in his schedule that looks like it might be Sziget sized. I'm not a big fan but I'd happily take him over Major Lazer.

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

mmmm OKAY then , let Tame Impala come ! lol 😄 but not as the Rock headliner, it is NOT rock music, it's ... hell I don't know what it is 🤣

Yeah, it's not rock music, his genre is Psychedelic rock-pop 🤷🏼‍♂️

And I still think we're getting Kings of Leon as a "rock" headliner 🤠

10 hours ago, Davidoff said:

Nic Cave and the rest don't do it for me but I think he will slot In one off those days, I assume he would be a headliner. 

Iinwouls rather Biffy or a Gallagher but each to there own. 

I would love Biffy or a Gallagher too (more likely Liam I would guess, given his surge in popularity over the past couple of years).

• Thanks 1