Sziget 2022

Matt86

4 hours ago, dolevshelly said:

i guess were not gonna get news soon, so lets see who we can roll out from showing up at the festival..

the weeknd and ed sheeran got euro tours next year without sziget from what i know

The weeknd has a concert in Budapest in November next year and I don't think Sziget will bring back Ed Sheeran so soon

10 hours ago, dolevshelly said:

i guess were not gonna get news soon, so lets see who we can roll out from showing up at the festival..

the weeknd and ed sheeran got euro tours next year without sziget from what i know

many artists are about to announce new albums' release dates, in October.. so I believe early November will be pretty exciting , for every festivals ^^

A 5-days festival in France, end of August (Cabaret Vert) will anounce in 24 days what we think is the Line-Up. Reading and Leeds shouldn't take too long to announce something too..

No doubt they'll share some sames with Sziget (they did in 2019), so Friday 22 October we might have a "beginning of piece" of our line up ^^

6 hours ago, Matt86 said:

A 5-days festival in France, end of August (Cabaret Vert) will anounce in 24 days what we think is the Line-Up. Reading and Leeds shouldn't take too long to announce something too..

No doubt they'll share some sames with Sziget (they did in 2019), so Friday 22 October we might have a "beginning of piece" of our line up ^^

Do not forget that in 2020 both Sziget and MadCool Festival shared some artist (like Khalid, Kings of Leon, Major Lazer, Diplo, Foals, Sigrid). I assume it will be the same for the line up for next year. 🌞

I think Sziget will keep Kings of Leon and probably Dua Lipa too (she did good in 2018 and sold out that day) 🤠

31 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

We can rule out Gorillaz, they will be in Australia at the end of July next year 🤠

I'm not unhappy about that ^^

My bet remains on Coldplay (or Imagine Dragons), Stromae, Dua Lipa, and Biffy Clyro (instead of The Strokes and Kings of Leon).

At this point , I really have no idea about the Rap headliner (Eminem would be great but I doubt it..) and the EDM one (Calvin Harris has no dates at the moment). Armin Van Buuren ..? David Guetta ..?

I also have reasons to think about Placebo, Marina, The Script and Nothing but Thieves --> they're all having new materials and no dates in Hungary so far

Edited by Matt86

TBH can't see many changes in comparison to 2020 lineup.
Most of announced headliners can be moved to 2022 (and probably will be due to contracts) - Dua Lipa, Calvin Harris, Kings of Leon. The only question is about The Strokes, but I hope in the end they'll be able to make it. IMO, Major Lazer should be downgraded to sub, and if so we have only two headline slots left - one for the "biggest artist" and another one.
Hope there will be more joint headliners, as The National / Macklemore or Foo Fighters / twenty on pilots!

The Strokes may come back to Europe but I can't see it. They are down under but it only likes like for a week and they have plenty time to come back. 

I said before that I think KOL, Dua Lips, Lewis Capaldi and most acts will stay the same but it will be good to see a few other acts added. 

I think the questions will be who will replace The Strokes, will Calvin still be the main DJ and what acts down the bill will be changed. I am not sure on the rap acts. 

I can see Biffy and war in drugs added. I see Kasabian with a new singer is headlining so I hope it's not them.  

If leaks pulls his finger out and give us a few hints as it's nearly October 😀

The Strokes may come back to Europe but I can't see it. They are down under but it only likes like for a week and they have plenty time to come back. 

I said before that I think KOL, Dua Lips, Lewis Capaldi and most acts will stay the same but it will be good to see a few other acts added. 

I think the questions will be who will replace The Strokes, will Calvin still be the main DJ and what acts down the bill will be changed. I am not sure on the rap acts. 

I can see Biffy and war in drugs added. I see Kasabian with a new singer is headlining so I hope it's not them.  

If leaks pulls his finger out and give us a few hints as it's nearly October 😀 just as I posted that I see the prime tickets are coming out. They may add a few names after they have been on sale 

Hope that Dua Lipa, Calvin Harris and The Strokes return and desperately hope Major Lazer don't. 

Still think Lady Gaga might be worth a shout or, maybe, RHCP?

Suspect we will get one of KOL, Killers, Imagine Dragons or Muse. As long as it's not the last one I'll be fine.

Would love a left-field announcement of a classic headliner like The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac or AC/DC but suspect they would eat-up too much of the budget. Certainly more than Major Lazer!

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Upvote 1

As much as I would love to see them The Stones and Fleetwood Mac don't look like they are touring. ACDC are maybe touring but they would rip into the budget.  I see the RHCP are about and a good shout to replace the Strokes but I think they have have a cheaper optioin 

I think they will announce a few names after the sale ends that should be about the last week off October or the start off November 

4 hours ago, Davidoff said:

I see the RHCP are about and a good shout to replace the Strokes

Just saw that RHCP announced a world tour few days ago which will start in June. In July they will be in the US. We don't know anything about August yet, but we can see some big cities in the background, under the clocks: London, Barcelona, Toronto, Los Angeles. Maybe those will be part of their tour.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers should be announced today for Werchter (?),

and the festival ROCK EN SEINE (end of August)  just told us that first names are coming the 8th October (next Friday)

I believe Sziget should move, before all the names for August come out in the others fests',  and "spoil" our line-up ! Any news about that  @Sziget2022_Leaks ?

30 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers should be announced today for Werchter (?),

and the festival ROCK EN SEINE (end of August)  just told us that first names are coming the 8th October (next Friday)

I believe Sziget should move, before all the names for August come out in the others fests',  and "spoil" our line-up ! Any news about that  @Sziget2022_Leaks ?

Rock en Seine could be RATM. Together with R+L.

2 hours ago, nitschd said:

Billie Eilish has been announced Glasto headliner for Friday. Idk how many artists both fests share but is this a possibility? Also I‘m new here! Hello everyone :3

Hi, usually when an artist come from the US or Australia, they spend 1 month -1 month and a half in Europe. Billie will headline Glaston ' Friday 24th June, so it seems very unlikely she'll be at Sziget.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Hi, usually when an artist come from the US or Australia, they spend 1 month -1 month and a half in Europe. Billie will headline Glaston ' Friday 24th June, so it seems very unlikely she'll be at Sziget.

Would be incredibly disappointed if she did play Sziget. Quite like Bad Guy and Bury a Friend but the rest all sound too similar imho.

20 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Would be incredibly disappointed if she did play Sziget. Quite like Bad Guy and Bury a Friend but the rest all sound too similar imho.

I thought the same. Until her last album, that I find way better ^^ (just try the single "Oxytocin" and tell me 😉 )

Anyway, she'll not be here, her EU Tour starting early June !