Sziget 2022

Matt86

3 hours ago, activean said:

Usually we had 7 headiners from different music genres (something like 1 edm, 2 rock, 1 hip hop, 1-2 pop .. ) So with one headliner less next year, which music genre do you think will be deprived of one headliner?

I think they'll keep at least 7 headliners, as in 2019 they had 9 (TOP / FF and The National / Macklemore on the same day).

On 8/26/2021 at 8:01 AM, activean said:

Usually we had 7 headiners from different music genres (something like 1 edm, 2 rock, 1 hip hop, 1-2 pop .. ) So with one headliner less next year, which music genre do you think will be deprived of one headliner?

Rock

Suprised by how big Manesking are now in streaming charts, had no idea. Surely they'll do festivals in 2022? Don't know what to think about them, but sounds like something to bring zoomers generation to festivals, could they be option for Sziget?  Crazy numbers for "rock" music. 

So I did a quick research and collected names from festivals that are familliar to me...

Primavera Sound (Spain) - 2-12 June

Lineup: Massive Attack, Pavement, Tame Impala, Beck, The National, The Strokes, Gorillaz, Jora Smith, Tyler, the Creator, Nick Cave and the bad seeds, Dula Peep, Interpol, Megan Thee Stallion, Lorde, Phoenix, Yeah Yeah Yeahs

PinkPop (The Netherlands) – 17-19 June

Lineup: Metallica, Pearl Jam, Twenty One Pilots, Nothing But Theives  

Rock Wretcher (Belgium) – 30 June-3July

Lineup: Metallica, Faith No More, Twenty One Pilots, Pearl Jam

Mad Cool (Spain) – 6-9 July

Lineup: Metallica, Twenty One Pilots, Placebo, Imagine Dragons, The Killers, Muse, Faith No More, Kings Of Leon, Pixies, Alt-J

NOS Alive (Portugal) –  6-8 July

Lineup: The Strokes, Metallica, Imagine Dragons, Two Door Cinema Club, Glass Animals, Faith No More, Royal Blood

Electric Castle (Romania) – 13-17 July

Lineup: Twenty One Pilots, Deftones, Gorillaz

So... my toughts for Sziget’s lineup is that they will keep Dula Peep (she sold out that day in 2018) and Kings of Leon, I doubt that they will keep The Strokes (They have show in Australia in middle of July next year), I would like to see Calvin Harris but honestly I have no idea if they will keep him. My guesses for other names that we could get are Imagine Dragons, Metallca, Faith No More, Tyler, the Crator, Gorillaz,... I don’t think we’ll get Twenty Pilots Again back so soon, but they are doing a lot of festivals next year so idk. I have my fingers crossed for Tame Impala and Galss Animals. And I still think we might get something big and outstanding that is not annonced at any other festivals like Coldplay (I’ve stated my theory here already).

Other "smaller" names that I think we can get that I saw somewhere or that they were already announced for Sziget 2020 are Slowthai, Caribou, Cigarettes After Sex, Foals, Sigrid, Mabel, Keane, Fever 333, Alt-J, Mø, The War On Drugs, Royal Blood,...

😬🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, thetime said:

Well after coming back from reading festival early yesterday, far to packed and vibe not formy liking.

We booked flights for Sziget, reading absolutely nightmare now imo.

Roll on Sziget 😍

Oh, sorry to hear that 😕 why "nightmare" , too much people ..?

On 8/28/2021 at 2:11 PM, ReljaGajić said:

So I did a quick research and collected names from festivals that are familliar to me...

Primavera Sound (Spain) - 2-12 June

Lineup: Massive Attack, Pavement, Tame Impala, Beck, The National, The Strokes, Gorillaz, Jora Smith, Tyler, the Creator, Nick Cave and the bad seeds, Dula Peep, Interpol, Megan Thee Stallion, Lorde, Phoenix, Yeah Yeah Yeahs

PinkPop (The Netherlands) – 17-19 June

Lineup: Metallica, Pearl Jam, Twenty One Pilots, Nothing But Theives  

Rock Wretcher (Belgium) – 30 June-3July

Lineup: Metallica, Faith No More, Twenty One Pilots, Pearl Jam

Mad Cool (Spain) – 6-9 July

Lineup: Metallica, Twenty One Pilots, Placebo, Imagine Dragons, The Killers, Muse, Faith No More, Kings Of Leon, Pixies, Alt-J

NOS Alive (Portugal) –  6-8 July

Lineup: The Strokes, Metallica, Imagine Dragons, Two Door Cinema Club, Glass Animals, Faith No More, Royal Blood

Electric Castle (Romania) – 13-17 July

Lineup: Twenty One Pilots, Deftones, Gorillaz

So... my toughts for Sziget’s lineup is that they will keep Dula Peep (she sold out that day in 2018) and Kings of Leon, I doubt that they will keep The Strokes (They have show in Australia in middle of July next year), I would like to see Calvin Harris but honestly I have no idea if they will keep him. My guesses for other names that we could get are Imagine Dragons, Metallca, Faith No More, Tyler, the Crator, Gorillaz,... I don’t think we’ll get Twenty Pilots Again back so soon, but they are doing a lot of festivals next year so idk. I have my fingers crossed for Tame Impala and Galss Animals. And I still think we might get something big and outstanding that is not annonced at any other festivals like Coldplay (I’ve stated my theory here already).

Other "smaller" names that I think we can get that I saw somewhere or that they were already announced for Sziget 2020 are Slowthai, Caribou, Cigarettes After Sex, Foals, Sigrid, Mabel, Keane, Fever 333, Alt-J, Mø, The War On Drugs, Royal Blood,...

😬🤷‍♂️

Thanks for this update ^^

I don't believe that any international band being in Europe in June will wait until August on our continent. Metallica, Faith no more, Pearl Jam, Tame Impala, The Strokes (sadly 😞 ) ... I'm pretty sure they won't be at Sziget next year.

But for European artists, everything is possible, easy for them to be in Europe from June to August ^^ That's why I strongly believe artists like Dua Lipa (why d'you say "dula peep" ..?) or Nothing but Thieves can be there.

Also, I think we should take a look at every bands/artists who are suppose to have new material late 2021/early 2022.. Muse, Placebo, Iron Maiden, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, The War on Drugs, The Killers, Adele, Ghost, Shakira, ETC... and it's a BIG etc... lol, because it is impressive to see how many artists are about to release new stuff ! So my hope is : I want to be surprised 🙂 , not just getting the names we're all guessing, but a real surprise or 2 would be great.. and it is clearly possible with all this new material coming out soon ^^

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, thetime said:

Well after coming back from reading festival early yesterday, far to packed and vibe not formy liking.

We booked flights for Sziget, reading absolutely nightmare now imo.

Roll on Sziget 😍

You mean lineup-wise or vibe in general?

It was indeed different, esp. Friday people were buzzing, Sunday was much quieter. Lineup was not great for me, too much tiktok and indie balast, but Wolf Alice and Biffy were worth it. Stormzy class too, plus bunch of smaller stuff. Lock-up/Pit/FR tent was shambolic vs the past but still most interesting part of lineup. Will wait for lineup next year before booking again.

Reading Fest' (26-28 August 2022) already communicate yesterday, with "news coming soon" for their 2022 edition ; Since both Sziget and Reading shared many acts in the past, I believe we might have some news before the end of September... and when I look at every other fest', they all announced at least a part of their 2022 line up ^^ ( just saw that Download are giving new names tomorrow)

Lets just hope we won't be the last to be served, as we were in 2020 (12 of February, damn that was a long wait...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I read them, but I meant that it might be possible that ABBA will also announce real live concerts at some point. 😛

I think the whole reason for them creating the holograms is so they don't have to go on tour. They are all in their 70s, are already VERY wealthy and haven't toured in forty years. There's no chance they'll tour in person.

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I read them, but I meant that it might be possible that ABBA will also announce real live concerts at some point. 😛

Well this voyage residence goes all the way to September.

I would love a proper ABBA tour, zero chance though.

Takes me back being on the 1st Gorillaz tour and they played behind a white screen. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's Tsnsmt announced a few acts for next year. We have shared a few acts before and it would be good to see a few from it. The line-up for 2022’s event with Paolo Nutini, The Strokes and Lewis Capaldi set to headline, joined by beabadoobee, Foals, Fontaines D.C., Jimmy Eat World, Sigrid, The Snuts and Wolf Alice from 8-10 July 2022.

I would take them all but I think the Strokes will be in Oz and I can't see us getting 2 fellow Scott's. I was there when Lewis played first in the tent a few years ago and it would be good if he came back.