Sziget 2022

Matt86

30 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

I’ve paid for 7 days festival.

i’ve bought an expensive on-site sleeping option for 7 nights.

Not happy. 

I get it, and kinda agree. The 50€ gift card isn't anymore a "gift", but more of a compensation for the missing day(s) in 2022 I suppose... It feels "wrong" 😕

But as @thetime said, nothings official for now, maybe it will be 6 days, maybe 5 but with more gigs ( I always thought that 4 concerts per day on the main stage isn't enough, it always starts at only 4pm... )

@Sziget2022_Leaks said we'll have some news mid August, I'm sure we'll know soon enough what the plans are, try to stay positive 😉

1 hour ago, sandorbeni said:

I've got an email saying that the festival will be 6 days long next year held between 10-15 august, and you get another extra 50€ credit on top of the previous one.

Same here, thats a very nice surprise ! 100€ as a gift card is pretty unexpected ^^

So me lose 1 day... I'm still curious about this choice, is there any particular reason @Sziget2022_Leaks ?

10 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I get it, and kinda agree. The 50€ gift card isn't anymore a "gift", but more of a compensation for the missing day(s) in 2022 I suppose... It feels "wrong" 😕

The thing is, I'd accept it if the 50€ was for compensation, but considering I've bought expensive on-site sleeping option as well, I'd expect double the compensation.. Should be compensation per ticket bought not per account / person.

1 minute ago, eyebrain said:

The thing is, I'd accept it if the 50€ was for compensation, but considering I've bought expensive on-site sleeping option as well, I'd expect double the compensation.. Should be compensation per ticket bought not per account / person.

I understand, I also took the Apero camping extra for 100€ and got 1 day less... but I can not honestly ask for more, I really think the 100€ gift card is a great compensation. We should not forget that those 2 years without festivals is pretty hard for them, so I will not complain.

Of course, if you also took an expensive tent or else, I understand your frustration but... as I just said, times have been hard for everyone... 😕

2 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

I understand, I also took the Apero camping extra for 100€ and got 1 day less... but I can not honestly ask for more, I really think the 100€ gift card is a great compensation. We should not forget that those 2 years without festivals is pretty hard for them, so I will not complain.

Of course, if you also took an expensive tent or else, I understand your frustration but... as I just said, times have been hard for everyone... 😕

I know,  I really want to be  the  guy who does not ask for more and absolutely supports the festival, there is a reason I have not asked for refund. I'll live with the fact if I wont get anything, I absolutely love the festival as it would be my 7th time to visit already, but I need my 3 posts of complaining to feel a bit better. 😄 My frustration comes from the fact that my camping option was 690€ which means almost a 100€ a day for a 7-days festival (130€ if you add splash camping on it, which I need as well) .🙂 So if I add 299€ + 690€ + 190€ for the three, it's 168€ / day that I've lost.

Considering the e-mail, if we're really getting this 50€ + 50€, I suppose I'll be completely fine with 100€. Not sure how to get the second 50€ tho? I guess it's just supposed to show up on my account balance? 

17 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

I know,  I really want to be  the  guy who does not ask for more and absolutely supports the festival, there is a reason I have not asked for refund. I'll live with the fact if I wont get anything, I absolutely love the festival as it would be my 7th time to visit already, but I need my 3 posts of complaining to feel a bit better. 😄 My frustration comes from the fact that my camping option was 690€ which means almost a 100€ a day for a 7-days festival (130€ if you add splash camping on it, which I need as well) .🙂 So if I add 299€ + 690€ + 190€ for the three, it's 168€ / day that I've lost.

Considering the e-mail, if we're really getting this 50€ + 50€, I suppose I'll be completely fine with 100€. Not sure how to get the second 50€ tho? I guess it's just supposed to show up on my account balance? 

I understand, thats indeed a lot..! Maybe for this kind of expensive accomodations, they will let you know that you can come earlier, on Monday or Tuesday.. You should ask ^^

And about those extra 50€, I believe it'll show up on your account balance, just like the first 50 (I just take a look at mine, it is not already here but I'm not worried ^^ )

I don’t want to sound ungrateful, but I’m a little peeved that the €50 gift we got for holding onto our tickets and the extra €50 they’re given is per booking and not per ticket. I don’t feel that it’s fair that 4 of us have to split the €100 because I bought the tickets together, whereas someone who just bought one ticket gets the full €100… I am grateful they are giving anything at all, but seems like we’re all losing money because we booked for 7 days, not 6.

1 hour ago, Sziget2022 said:

Where does it say the additional €50 is per account and not per ticket? 

I've got 3 tickets on my sziget account and I've got €150 (three lots of €50 from rolling the tickets over). Hoping I get another €150 added and not just €50...

I’ve only got €50 on my account and when I questioned them when it was first announced for carrying the tickets over, they said it was per booking. I will have to double check that with them in that case

14 minutes ago, DinosaursLayEggs said:

I’ve only got €50 on my account and when I questioned them when it was first announced for carrying the tickets over, they said it was per booking. I will have to double check that with them in that case

Yeah I'd definitely get them to have another look. All of mine say €50 - (20/06/2021). Like you said it should be per ticket not per booking otherwise that would be really unfair.

31 minutes ago, CCester said:

According to Tamás Kádár, they'll surely manage to book the biggest name we expect. My bet is on Eminem or Billie Eilish. 

If so, we should take a look at who is touring in 2022, and also "credible" for Sziget. I haven't seen (yet) Billie Eilish announced anywhere in Europe in 2022..

At the moment, Metallica and Guns & Roses seems to be the "biggest" bands who will perform in Europe next year, with Muse, Dua Lipa, Tyler the creator and Imagine Dragons just behind. Also, many sources declared that Coldplay will be touring in 2022.

I personnaly hope that the line up will be quite similar to the 2020's !, The Strokes, Dua Lipa, Keane, Sigrid, Fever 333, Kensington etc... AND of course if Eminem is bookable, that would be great ! 😄 but I remember at the end, just before Covid ended it all ,that Eminem cancelled before being anounced (according to @Ken19 )

A bit of a strange question. Due to Covid illness in the family, we have had to cancel our summer 2021 holiday.

This has left us with 2000 euros (cash) spending money unused. I'd like to buy Sziget tickets for five of us with this. Anyone know how? 

I'm in UK, I don't want to put the money in my bank account and lose out on a poor transfer rate, only to then buy tickets in euros from my bank account and be charged a foreign transaction fee. I have 2000 euros in cash and tickets are for sale in euro - is there a simple way?

32 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

A bit of a strange question. Due to Covid illness in the family, we have had to cancel our summer 2021 holiday.

This has left us with 2000 euros (cash) spending money unused. I'd like to buy Sziget tickets for five of us with this. Anyone know how? 

I'm in UK, I don't want to put the money in my bank account and lose out on a poor transfer rate, only to then buy tickets in euros from my bank account and be charged a foreign transaction fee. I have 2000 euros in cash and tickets are for sale in euro - is there a simple way?

Get a post office traveller's card, go into your post office and put your euros on the card. 

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/travel/travel-faqs

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Are the 'VIP' tickets worth it in comparison to the normal tickets? 

And can someone run me through the camping options? Would be coming from the UK, so is it either payable camping or a city hotel? Is that feasible?

ViP does not look worth it to me, depends what you want though.

You have free basic camping, which is your normal festival camping. Never done that at sziget.

Then you can pay for different types of camping upgrades, which have a different feel to them.

You have VIP camping which has a pool, did that the 1st year I went but never again. It's right next to the all night dance tests, which ok for the 1st night but after 7 or 8 days with no sleep. 

You then have a selection of upgraded campsite, I use the upgrade xamosites as it saves me taking a tent and it's erected when you get there.

Always think about hotels, just be careful on distanc from the festival.

• Upvote 1