Beautiful days efest meet

Crazyfool01

ok lets do this .... I reckon thursday eve will be best ? any suggestions for venue ? ive not been before .... we have 1 month and there seems to be a little movement today 🙂 ... hopefully everyone can attend .... im sure to be lit up and easy to find 🙂 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok lets do this .... I reckon thursday eve will be best ? any suggestions for venue ? ive not been before .... we have 1 month and there seems to be a little movement today 🙂 ... hopefully everyone can attend .... im sure to be lit up and easy to find 🙂 

Not sure what or where to suggest, but Thursday is another groups meet, which is an organised affair, with a bit of low key music too. This normally takes place at dirty davey's. 

So we could tag into that or choose elsewhere, dunno how many from here are attending/working. Also, for whatever reason, I can't recall if all the bars are open on Thursday! 

All things being equal, we shall be in attendance though (but I can be a little flighty/quiet for meets) 

1 minute ago, spg said:

Not sure what or where to suggest, but Thursday is another groups meet, which is an organised affair, with a bit of low key music too. This normally takes place at dirty davey's. 

So we could tag into that or choose elsewhere, dunno how many from here are attending/working. Also, for whatever reason, I can't recall if all the bars are open on Thursday! 

All things being equal, we shall be in attendance though (but I can be a little flighty/quiet for meets) 

Don’t stress it … it should be like the rest of the festival … just with a few familiar or maybe not quite so familiar names  and the odd drink if that’s your thing … I’d say we have decent numbers for a meet … if u don’t feel it at the time no issue 🙂 

I’m up for it too. Pretty sure the bars are open on Thursday, but can’t remember the names of them, only the locations! 
There’s a decent sized bar just into the field with the big top in it. Close to lots of food stalls, not too far from the kids area. Could be ideal?

55 minutes ago, Skelts said:

I’m up for it too. Pretty sure the bars are open on Thursday, but can’t remember the names of them, only the locations! 
There’s a decent sized bar just into the field with the big top in it. Close to lots of food stalls, not too far from the kids area. Could be ideal?

Sounds perfect 🙂 I’m sure someone will know 🙂 I’m not imagining a huge site anyway 🙂 

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

Fiddlers arms? I really ought to be able to remember. BD2019-SITE-MAP.jpg

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s a bloody weird map does a river run through the site ? 

2 streams, as mentioned, with light displays between then. Often buskers on the pathway too, like hobos and barsteward sons in the past. Bizarrely also used to be the Cv field/car park many moons ago! 

18 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Yeah that could be it. The one by the words Arena 2 on the map. Great location for lots of food too!

That's the one, but for the life of me, I can't recall if that one opens on Thursday. 

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s a bloody weird map does a river run through the site ? 

This is a good aerial picture. Car parks and campsites in the foreground, green strip in the middle where the river is, main arena at in the background 👍 

D4E13086-298E-46CA-8CCB-1226D835C2FE.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Skelts said:

This is a good aerial picture. Car parks and campsites in the foreground, green strip in the middle where the river is, main arena at in the background 👍 

D4E13086-298E-46CA-8CCB-1226D835C2FE.jpeg

Excellent thanks .. randomly I’ve flown over it when going on holiday … but never been 🙂 found my photo 

C8B010C8-DC1F-4012-B171-2CDD4D88F16E.png

Edited by crazyfool1

17 hours ago, zico martin said:

Oooh the site maps make this feel even more real 🙂 so where do you all camp? And is their an option of which car park to use?

Look forward to seeing this year's map, though I doubt much will change (miss the stage in redwoods), car parking is just where they send you (normally in the past) 

On 7/15/2021 at 6:36 PM, crazyfool1 said:

yup, I;m up for it. I'm working for Oxfam so shift depending I'll be happy to meet up