Do you have one single favourite song?

jimmillen

Absolutely impossible. A couple which would probably make my top 20 are:

Paul Simon - Late In The Evening

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust

The Strokes - Trying My Luck 

.... yeh this is definitely impossible, there might even be 50 in front of those!

• Upvote 1

This thread has gone in directions I never expected but it’s brought up a collection of absolutely top songs. 😃 Once again this forum is the best place (outside of the Thread of Despair anyway… 😂)

Thanks to everyone who’s got off the fence, taken the plunge and committed to a single favourite track. I’ve updated the playlist and finally got the chance to listen through yesterday - it’s now up to 3 1/2 hours of absolute classics. 

Any more…? 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/339P2g4lOPuZc6uzUcvzmG?si=NvOrkS-wQYS3UTQqBlQ80Q&dl_branch=1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

This thread has gone in directions I never expected but it’s brought up a collection of absolutely top songs. 😃 Once again this forum is the best place (outside of the Thread of Despair anyway… 😂)

Thanks to everyone who’s got off the fence, taken the plunge and committed to a single favourite track. I’ve updated the playlist and finally got the chance to listen through yesterday - it’s now up to 3 1/2 hours of absolute classics. 

Any more…? 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/339P2g4lOPuZc6uzUcvzmG?si=NvOrkS-wQYS3UTQqBlQ80Q&dl_branch=1

Good work! Mines missing though 😢

The Dimitri from Paris edit of I wanna be your lover isn't on spotify, but the original is, can you add that?

39 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Dude, don't ruin the playlist...

I've been dreading the moment when Jessie J pops up on it, but at least that would be genuine.

…but I am being genuine 😞 

Feel free to leave it out of the playlist though if it’s that offensive to others haha.

Such a difficult question to answer. Like others have said I can flit between a few depending on my mood.

But my go-to answer when asked is this. 

Even now it sounds incredible. It changed the face of music.

Whether I listen to it as a stand alone song, or mid set in a club, it just works. 

I never skip it or switch it off when it comes on. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mazola said:

Good work! Mines missing though 😢

The Dimitri from Paris edit of I wanna be your lover isn't on spotify, but the original is, can you add that?

Ooops, sorry! I meant to ask if the original was OK… but I forgot. My bad - it’s added now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

Ooops, sorry! I meant to ask if the original was OK… but I forgot. My bad - it’s added now. 

Nice one. The original is fantastic in it's own right, but the Dimitri edit just raises it to a whole new level.