2022 Line-up thread

On 10/9/2021 at 11:35 AM, dentalplan said:

Does he have any existing connection with the place?

Can’t see him playing either any time soon, to be honest. I’m sure they’ve both approached and been knocked back in the past. Nick’s bigger than ever now so I don’t see him taking it yet.

He's headlining arenas, while EOTR headliners tend to be Roundhouse level. 

The Handsome Family's 2022 dates make them look a cert for an EOTR appearance same with Les Filles de Illighadad who withdrew this year.

Wonder if we we will get an earlier announcement this year with a lot of bands announcing shows for that time of year already, is my mind playing tricks or was there one year where the first announcement was in November or something? The Belle and Sebastian year maybe?

2 minutes ago, shoebox said:

The year that Wilco headlined was a November announcement, albeit only about 6 or 7 acts, and this was pre-Woods Stage, so quite a while ago.

Cheers, just checked B&S and Sigur Ros were announced on 14th December

I suppose with Pixies we have technically had an announcement already but still have a feeling we might get another one this sooner than usual.

34 minutes ago, bobbyperu said:

The Handsome Family's 2022 dates make them look a cert for an EOTR appearance

Hope so. Loved them since the 90's but they've never cropped up on a festival bill I've been at or touring when I'm in England / Scotland. 

Just back from watching Lounge Society, Honeyglaze and the absolutely brilliant Keg.

Keg are so good that I'm going to spend the next 9 months going on about them until they play EOTR. They have just have to. 

If they play anywhere near you then go and see them. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, benali said:

Just back from watching Lounge Society, Honeyglaze and the absolutely brilliant Keg.

Keg are so good that I'm going to spend the next 9 months going on about them until they play EOTR. They have just have to. 

If they play anywhere near you then go and see them. 

They sound a bit like Squid 

16 hours ago, juliadevitt said:

They sound a bit like Squid 

Yeah, especially with the trademark cowbell popping up! I reckon Keg are a bit more motorik though and Squid don't have a conch player (missing a trick there with the aquatic theme). 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JHad said:

Yeah, especially with the trademark cowbell popping up! I reckon Keg are a bit more motorik though and Squid don't have a conch player (missing a trick there with the aquatic theme). 

If you don't have a cowbell and a trumpet these days then you might as well not bother to be honest!

• Upvote 1