2022 Line-up thread

Gilgamesh69

If we're at list stage, and discounting those billed for 2020/21: Illuminati Hotties, Noname, NNAMDI, Baba Ali, Emma-Jean Thackray, Haiku Salut, Peaness, The Linda Lindas, English Teacher, Sister Wives, Chemtrails, Alice Hubble

Stylistic wild card: Mclusky have a new album due.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

6 hours ago, juliadevitt said:

Sea Power and The Twilight Sad for me please 

^^ this. also King Hannah (mentioned earlier) please, maybe Panic Shack for a good mosh, and my wee guilty pleasure Luke la Volpe (don't laugh) just 'cos. and if we don't get Murder Capital I'll cry and Born in the Fifties will start a protest march.

can definitely see Lump headlining Garden Stage after that GM set.

as said elsewhere, interesting to see how much desire there is to focus back on overseas artists (plenty of Scandi traditionally for EOTR too) after such an immense showing of UK and Irish talent. we are blessed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, riverlodge said:

^^ this. also King Hannah (mentioned earlier) please, maybe Panic Shack for a good mosh, and my wee guilty pleasure Luke la Volpe (don't laugh) just 'cos. and if we don't get Murder Capital I'll cry and Born in the Fifties will start a protest march.

can definitely see Lump headlining Garden Stage after that GM set.

as said elsewhere, interesting to see how much desire there is to focus back on overseas artists (plenty of Scandi traditionally for EOTR too) after such an immense showing of UK and Irish talent. we are blessed.

The return of The Murder Capital has to happen, and I'm staggered that you forgot to mention Vlure.

I admit i'm more on the mainstream end of the EOTR audience, but the above few posts sound like you've all been at the bandname generator in the woods.  Therefore I predict my generated bandname will play : Bathbombs from out of town.

🤣

Edited by rwa
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fat_Buddha said:

Anyone have a link to the line up before the Americans pulled, I thought most of em were pencilled in for next year. I remember being enthused at the the time, but can’t remember any now

First 2021 announcement: https://endoftheroadfestival.com/2020/12/end-of-the-road-2021-here-we-go/

2020 announcements:

https://endoftheroadfestival.com/2020/01/pixies-king-krule-angel-olsen-and-big-thief-headline-end-of-the-road-2020/

https://endoftheroadfestival.com/2020/03/songhoy-blues-anna-meredith-makaya-mccraven-more-added-to-end-of-the-roads-2020-line-up/

By my reckoning 36 of the 54 from the first 2020 announcement eventually played, which is better than I thought it would be, though only two of the top nine.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rwa said:

I admit i'm more on the mainstream end of the EOTR audience, but the above few posts sound like you've all been at the bandname generator in the woods.  Therefore I predict my generated bandname will play : Bathbombs from out of town.

🤣

SXSW fake bands - lie witness news it is just a step on the slippery slope to this....?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, domjon said:

Saint Etienne to continue the Shins, Slowdive, Spiritualized, Stereolab run of nostalgic Thursday headliners beginning with S? 

New album is pretty dreamy... 

Saint Etienne were very entertaining on the Garden Stage a few years back, concentrating on "the hits". Covered the crowd in enormous balloons and blasted out synth-heavy pop classics - what's not to like?

But going with the "S Theory"... Sea Power, Sharon van Etten, Steve Mason, Super Furry Animals, even The Strokes are over here next summer!

Edited by paulwa
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, paulwa said:

Saint Etienne were very entertaining on the Garden Stage a few years back, concentrating on "the hits". Covered the crowd in enormous balloons and blasted out synth-heavy pop classics - what's not to like?

But going with the "S Theory"... Sea Power, Sharon van Etten, Steve Mason, Super Furry Animals, even The Strokes are over here next summer!

Saw SVE on her last tour and it was tres dull so hopefully not her. Sea Power still begins with a B for me so discount them. Any of the other 3 would do me

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, domjon said:

Saw SVE on her last tour and it was tres dull so hopefully not her. Sea Power still begins with a B for me so discount them. Any of the other 3 would do me

Not just me then.  Sharon at the Brudenell in 2015 - intimate and life changing, Sharon at Bristol SWX in 2019 - bombastic and boring.  It happens.

• Like 1