2022 Line-up thread

Gilgamesh69

Was persuaded to get a ticket by some friends but the lineup seems very bland and underwhelming other than a few artists here and there, and I'm considering bailing. I know it's hard to predict in these apocalyptic times, but for those who have been before, are we likely to see a substantial tranche of additional bookings or, given that it's sold out, do you think this is probably it? Feels like it badly needs some more variety to me. 

I should add that I've always heard good things about the festival, and this is in no way trolling. If you are really into the lineup, then that's great, I'm only speaking to my personal tastes. 

Edited by Dogleg

5 minutes ago, Dogleg said:

Was persuaded to get a ticket by some friends but the lineup seems very bland and underwhelming other than a few artists here and there, and I'm considering bailing. I know it's hard to predict in these apocalyptic times, but for those who have been before, are we likely to see a substantial tranche of additional bookings or, given that it's sold out, do you think this is probably it? Feels like it badly needs some more variety to me. 

I should add that I've always heard good things about the festival, and this is in no way trolling. If you are really into the lineup, then that's great, I'm only speaking to my personal tastes. 

The odd band here and there to come but nothing major. I'd you don't like the line up then best to sell tbh. 

1 minute ago, Dogleg said:

At this point it pretty much is what it is. They've announced enough acts to fill out the music stages, so while there might be one or two further names or the odd replacement, for the most part any new lineup additions are likely to be non-music.

I've been to the festival on multiple occasions and I have to admit that I'm also extremely underwhelmed this year. I'm really looking forward to Aldous, I like Porridge Radio and Los Bitchos and Mandy, Indiana seem worth watching. However, I was really disappointed that Green Man got Yves Tumor and Tuneyards. Overall with Parquet Courts, Ty Segall and Cate le Bon, I think the Green Man lineup is stronger (although I have seen these acts at End of the Road in the fairly recent past!). End of the Road adding Deerhoof would massively improve things though. Would love St Vincent to come back again soon too.

10 hours ago, Dogleg said:

Taste is entirely subjective. If you're not vibing don't go. Too much money and life is too short to force yourself to something you don't think you'll enjoy

17 hours ago, Bee bird said:

I've been to the festival on multiple occasions and I have to admit that I'm also extremely underwhelmed this year. I'm really looking forward to Aldous, I like Porridge Radio and Los Bitchos and Mandy, Indiana seem worth watching. However, I was really disappointed that Green Man got Yves Tumor and Tuneyards. Overall with Parquet Courts, Ty Segall and Cate le Bon, I think the Green Man lineup is stronger (although I have seen these acts at End of the Road in the fairly recent past!). End of the Road adding Deerhoof would massively improve things though. Would love St Vincent to come back again soon too.

Yeah GM definitely better lineup this year. Maybe my expectations for EoTR are just off. There is definitely some great stuff on the bill, just seems like an awful lot of filler.

And yeah. Dearhoof would be great.

Edited by Dogleg

On 4/30/2022 at 11:06 AM, Dogleg said:

Agree with the others, if the line up isn't tickling your fancy for whatever reason I would sell and spend the (fairly significant) amount of money elsewhere! Hopefully come to EOTR another year where the line up is more to your taste

Edited by Tomos_

I'm usually not completely onboard with the lineup, but the flip-side is that I've never come home having had anything other than a fantastic time, or having my mind changed by certain bands, or having found several new discoveries, or just enjoying a beer by the fire, or a pilgrimage through the art installations in the woods. You can't lose really.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paulwa said:

I'm usually not completely onboard with the lineup, but the flip-side is that I've never come home having had anything other than a fantastic time, or having my mind changed by certain bands, or having found several new discoveries, or just enjoying a beer by the fire, or a pilgrimage through the art installations in the woods. You can't lose really.

This is pretty much me. Over the years I've done my share of moaning about repeat bookings or the strength of the line up. But I've never come away disappointed with the weekend it's always been wonderful. 

Edited by wolfamongwolves

Caught Mandy, Indiana and Scalping at fabric last night. 

I'd heard a lot of great things about Mandy, Indiana but they didn't do anything special for me. Solidly enjoyable, but I think the bass was a little heavy for the vocals in the set up at the venue. Would like to see them again elsewhere.

Scalping were bloody brilliant. A band I've just missed through illness and clashes a number of times, so delighted to finally catch them. The heavy nature of the sound set up suited them perfectly. I hadn't listened to the new album, for which this show was the launch, but that didn't matter.

They have to be a post-headline late night act, surely?!

I can see Scalping tearing the roof off the tipi in a 2am secret set.

Good to see Arcade Fire leave a gap in their tour schedule so they can play a secret set too.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, benali said:

Good to see Arcade Fire leave a gap in their tour schedule so they can play a secret set too.

Piano stage, I reckon!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, benali said:

I can see Scalping tearing the roof off the tipi in a 2am secret set.

Isn't that the slot they played before? Seem to remember through a rum fueled haze that they were last on.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SighMo said:

Isn't that the slot they played before? Seem to remember through a rum fueled haze that they were last on.

You're right. Friday night in 2019!

Got to be Big Top this time, haven't they?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman Trout said:

A pic of Adrianne Lenker has just appeared on EOTR's instagram ... a late addition of Big Thief to the line up?

They don't have any dates announced between the end of their European tour in the first week of July and Australia in mid-November. It's more likely they're on a promise for 2023 and are still on EOTR's IG watch list - although I now note it's actually from Lenker's own account...

8 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

They don't have any dates announced between the end of their European tour in the first week of July and Australia in mid-November. It's more likely they're on a promise for 2023 and are still on EOTR's IG watch list - although I now note it's actually from Lenker's own account...

Solo dates?

4 hours ago, domjon said:

Not eotr related but anybody London based want a ticket to see Angel Olson do an afternoon acoustic set at Rough Trade West this Sunday? I won a ticket buying the album but can't make it.

I wouldnt mind if still available please?