2022 Line-up thread

Gilgamesh69

On 4/6/2022 at 9:28 AM, xxialac said:

Not sure if it means anything but Greentea Peng has pulled out of All Points East that week.

Seems to have disappeared from the line up section of the website (but still on the version of the poster that is on the homepage).  Nilufer Yanya now appears between Lucy Dacus and The Weather Station (which is where Greentea Peng should be as it follows the order of the poster). 

From her IG:

I'm really sorry to announce people, that I will be having to pull out of a few festivals this summer due to some unforseen Godly circumstances. I really apologise for any disappointment caused, the universe just had other plans for me this year. I will no longer be playing Dour Festival, Boardmasters, Lost Village, All Points East or End of The Road. Again big big apologies, if I could do them I would, but alas another mission/ blessing has been bestowed upon me. (I'll have to make up for all these let downs with a load of new music)
All other dates are still on! Big love

Man Made was prominent in Simon's albums of 2021 list and was one of six non-headliners tagged in the original announcement on Twitter so he must have been really keen on her playing. They kind of have to find as close to a like-for-like replacement as they can, don't they?

Edited by SweepingTheNation

5 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

LOVING the new Aldous Harding album

Yep me too. Much prefer it to Designer. Staring at the Henry Moore is probably my favourite track. 

Really hoping she's headlining the Garden up against Pixies or Bright Eyes but could see her being a Woods sub. 

27 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Staring at the Henry Moore is probably my favourite track. 

Yup also a great song! There's a fair few top quality tunes on there. So much leapt out on the first couple of listens and I reckon it probably gets even better on repeat listens.

I wasn't sure about fever when I first heard it, but in the context of the album it fits in nicely!

Ross From Friends, wow, that's a great booking.

Battles, Karima Walker, Skullcrusher and English Teacher all excellent. A few names to explore as well. BCUC are at Farmfest which we're also going to.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Don’t know any of the smaller names. Anyone good?

ps Anchoress cancelled yet again ffs!

Karima Walker does kind of Grouper like stuff, ambient, folk, field recordings. She's ace.

English Teacher are going to go pop this year. Indie, post punk kind of thing from Leeds. Excellent live.

Looked up Lichen on bandcamp, could be one of a few artists including a French prog/psych band or a grime MC from Bristol.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

She cancelled all her indoor shows a while ago due to being badly immunocompromised, and I think EOTR was her only festival booking.

She’s playing indoors next month so I was hopeful she could play outdoors even further into the pandemic.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Umulauts are good. Seen them a few times around london

I kind of found the boiler suits and combat boots song a bit annoying but the rest of the stuff sounds like it would be really good live.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

She’s playing indoors next month so I was hopeful she could play outdoors even further into the pandemic.

Are you sure? The only thing about live music on her IG since the tour cancellation is another rescheduling for May 2023, which doubtless won't happen either, and her last post is about how she was only able to do a studio workshop this weekend just gone because everyone was masked and LFT-ing.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

1 minute ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Are you sure? The only thing about live music on her IG since the tour cancellation is another rescheduling for May 2023, which doubtless won't happen either, and her last post is about how she was only able to do a studio workshop this weekend just gone because everyone was masked and LFT-ing.

You are 100% right.

Turns out I can’t read. 2023, not 2022!

1 hour ago, benali said:

Looked up Lichen on bandcamp, could be one of a few artists including a French prog/psych band or a grime MC from Bristol.

According to the lineup page it's a band project by folk singer-songwriter Michael Clark, who as himself toured with the Leisure Society and has been backed by members of Penelope Isles and the Golden Dregs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

No obvious Garden stage headliner there though so maybe we were wrong about there still being one to come. Also still no Tirzah! 

If there's no more big names to come - and surely Midlake aren't just in Europe to play third on the bill at Moseley - I think you could get away with:

Fri: Fleet Foxes/Soccer Mommy* Woods, Tinariwen Garden

Sat: Pixies/Perfume Genius Woods, Magnetic Fields Garden

Sun: Bright Eyes/Lucy Dacus Woods, Kurt Vile Garden

* in Brighton and Bristol either side and Germany on Monday