2022 Line-up thread

Gilgamesh69

3 hours ago, benali said:

OSees more likely for GM judging by their tour dates. Can see them tearing the Far Out apart. 

Slift have been announced for some festivals but have nothing after mid August. Would love them.

Would love to see Slift come and play - love their stuff

Saw Caribou last night in Gateshead and was really impressed - they would be a fun headliner

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 1:39 PM, wolfamongwolves said:

Love the Late Junction hope it returns. Laraaji was magical. 

Jonny Greenwood beautiful 

I'd like that too. Wasn't Julianna Barwick booked for last year? Maybe she'll come over this time.

Gia Margaret would be nice as well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Any thoughts from the EOTR crowd on the likely headliners and any other likely acts that will be cruelly taken away from the Green Man line up!?  Excited to see the line up tomorrow in any event! 

The headliners we think most likely right now are Big Thief and Perfume Genius, who were named for 2020/21, and I assume GM would have similar priority on those it named for 2020. As mentioned a page or two ago King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard are in Europe for most of the month but I can't imagine they'd be back there as headliners so soon, especially as if speculated Beach House join Kiwanuka there'd only be the dancier headliner of the main three days to fill. Only other sizeable name being touted for EOTR with confidence is Wet Leg, which a) makes sense with their past EOTR connections and b) GM had last year.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

9 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

The headliners we think most likely right now are Big Thief and Perfume Genius, who were named for 2020/21, and I assume GM would have similar priority on those it named for 2020. As mentioned a page or two ago King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard are in Europe for most of the month but I can't imagine they'd be back there as headliners so soon, especially as if speculated Beach House join Kiwanuka there'd only be the dancier headliner of the main three days to fill.

Nice - sounds reasonable!  I agree that King Gizzard are surely not going to be back at Green Man so soon - same applies to Fleet Foxes who are also around.  

13 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Final prediction for EOTR: Perfume Genius, Big Thief, Pixies and King Gizzard. 

Green Man: IDLES, Michael Kiwanuka, Beach House and Little Simz. 

I would doubt these, both because I don't think EOTR will have four overseas headliners while there's still doubt about whether the European festival circuit will happen, and because Simz is much bigger than acts that usually headline the Thursday of GM.

24 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I would doubt these, both because I don't think EOTR will have four overseas headliners while there's still doubt about whether the European festival circuit will happen, and because Simz is much bigger than acts that usually headline the Thursday of GM.

What Game Is X To Doubt Meme From? | Screen Rant

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Part of me wonders if EOTR have done something mental like booked Shame to headline. 

You’ll be thrilled to know that Shame are on the other side of the Atlantic at the start of September.

Part of me wonders if the ‘exciting news’ they’ve been trailing isn’t the lineup at all, but something far less exciting.

1 minute ago, Kempleton said:

You’ll be thrilled to know that Shame are on the other side of the Atlantic at the start of September.

Part of me wonders if the ‘exciting news’ they’ve been trailing isn’t the lineup at all, but something far less exciting.

They always announce in the last week of January, or at least have been for the last few years. 

48 minutes ago, Kempleton said:

Perhaps it could be a broader agenda for the Thursday, since we already heard that the village will open from 1.30pm (I think).