2022 Line-up thread

Gilgamesh69

8 hours ago, zahidf said:

Penelope Isles are playing some uk dates 1st, 2nd and 6th Sept. EOTR sized gap...

Playing Nottingham on 1st, Birkenhead 2nd, Manchester Psychefest 3rd, and Smugglers Fest Kent 4th

8 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Don't strike me as an EOTR type act. Never played before I don't think. 

They played the Tipi in 2013.

Regardless I'd be surprised, partly because you'd think they'd be the first name released and partly because they're likely too big now, their tour includes three nights at the Apollo.

‘Too big’ could have holes poked through in comparison to Vampire Weekend and Pixies but yeah, they don’t seem to be on the map for EOTR nowadays. I feel like they’d have been on the ‘albums of the year 2021’ tweet at least if they were lined up.

Edit: those new UK and Ireland dates are with their R+L performances in mind.

Edited by dentalplan

Don't know if anyone's looked at the "General Information" page on the website, but I was interested to see that the Festival Village opens at 1:30pm this year. I know it was earlier last year, but that seems even earlier this time around. Wondering if that means we'll have more acts on the Thursday this year.

As for OSeesc, I love them but having played in 2016 and 2018 (headlining the Garden Stage), it kind of feels too soon to be putting them on again. But you never know...

15 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Don't know if anyone's looked at the "General Information" page on the website, but I was interested to see that the Festival Village opens at 1:30pm this year. I know it was earlier last year, but that seems even earlier this time around. Wondering if that means we'll have more acts on the Thursday this year.

As for OSeesc, I love them but having played in 2016 and 2018 (headlining the Garden Stage), it kind of feels too soon to be putting them on again. But you never know...

Good spot. I love the Thursday but always find myself itching to go into the woods and explore a bit more. If they're opening the Village earlier then they need more bands on in my opinion. 

Can't believe that Jonny Greenwood was a last minute"do me a favour" booking and yet it was one of the best things I've seen at EOTR. We need more stuff like that. 

I really really hope that Late Junction is back too. Laraaji, Moor Mother and Zimpel/Ziolek were excellent in the tipi a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

Can't believe that Jonny Greenwood was a last minute"do me a favour" booking and yet it was one of the best things I've seen at EOTR. We need more stuff like that. 

I really really hope that Late Junction is back too. Laraaji, Moor Mother and Zimpel/Ziolek were excellent in the tipi a few years ago. 

Love the Late Junction hope it returns. Laraaji was magical. 

Jonny Greenwood beautiful 

Charles Watson, formerly of Slow Club, has a tour starting 8th September and new album out in April. Slightly lower down the bill but he has some great stuff alongside his involvement with The Surfing Magazines.

Would like a gentle afternoon Garden set from him.