2022 Line-up thread

Gilgamesh69

On 1/9/2022 at 4:42 PM, Guy Incognito said:

Gonna post a final wishlist before the line up comes out:

From the 2020/21 line up: Angel Olsen, Makaya Mccraven, Big Thief, Perfume Genius

New acts: Grouper, Moor Mother, L'Rain, Death Grips, Deathcrash, Tara Clerkin Trio, Lost Girls/Jenny Hval, Ana Roxanne, Black Midi, Tirzah, Bremer/Mccoy, Arooj Aftab, Cassandra Jenkins, Nala Sinephro, Legss, Jockstrap, GY!BE. 

This sounds wonderful great list  A few of these would be most welcome

Can I add Anna Von Hausswolff to the list 

Edited by wolfamongwolves

12 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Also, who's going to get the IDLES/Fontaines/Dry Cleaning Sunday evening completely packed out Big Top slot? Wet Leg are probably too big to go there now, right?

If Wet Leg carry on their current trajectory they could headline the whole thing by themselves. Everyone seems to love them. I hadn't heard so many people from around here clamouring for tickets to a gig by a new band for ages. 

To give it some context we had Fontaines at the Joiners after their first couple of singles and it took a week or so to sell out. Wet Leg went in under 2 minutes.

20 hours ago, zahidf said:

New aldous harding activity

She's playing All Points East on 28 August, and there are bound to be a few crossing over the two line-ups so she looks likely (and was due in 2021).

16 hours ago, Lester_Freamon said:

No suggestion of European dates but if they do plan on touring after this tour then this could be a potential headliner couldn't it? Either way, all 3 could potentially appear.

It looks like it is a package tour of three solo sets rather than them playing as a single collaborative act (although there is bound to be some guesting in each other's sets).

Amen Dunes signed to subpop and released that amazing single with Sleafords.... All gone a bit quiet since but you'd hope there'll be an album to follow... Would love to see him get a late evening garden slot. 

Loved the big top set but well worthy of a prime spot next time, would blow a lot of people away i think. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I feel as if them playing Reading & Leeds, TRNSMT, probably Glastonbury should interfere with their chances of headlining.

I hope so, also I don't see EOTR having Pixies and Fontaine's DC as headliners. Not sure why but just doesn't feel right to me. 

20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I feel as if them playing Reading & Leeds, TRNSMT, probably Glastonbury should interfere with their chances of headlining.

One thing that should interfere with their chances of headlining is that dull new song.