Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I’ll just level out that snidey downvote. Down with that sort of thing.

I don’t really agree with being accused of something when that’s clearly not what was stated or intended in my original message so I’m entitled to down vote. I don’t come on here to be attacked for stating facts. 

11 hours ago, foolee said:

Did I say that? Don’t put words into my mouth please.

Why did you bring up that he has since had an ADHD diagnosis unless you thought it was a mitigating factor?

Your sentence doesn't read:

"He also had alcohol issues and (completely unrelated to the topic at hand he has) since been diagnosed with ADHD and (back to things that might be relevant to his sickening behaviour) got clean from alcohol."

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Sorry I did not mean to do that, but I don’t see how its relevant thats all

42 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Why did you bring up that he has since had an ADHD diagnosis unless you thought it was a mitigating factor?

Your sentence doesn't read:

"He also had alcohol issues and (completely unrelated to the topic at hand he has) since been diagnosed with ADHD and (back to things that might be relevant to his sickening behaviour) got clean from alcohol."

Thanks for the apology @gfa 

@mcshed I didn’t realise I had to be that clear with my wording, I’ve stated facts that have happened since said crime. Just to be clear as people are clearing looking far too much into my comment because obviously it’s a touchy subject and a shitty thing that Tom did that is totally unacceptable. I don’t agree with cancel culture and I believe people can be rehabilitated and should at least have the chance to do so otherwise we’re in a very bad place if we’re saying people don’t make mistakes, put them in the bin forever. All events that have happened since are factors in him being rehabilitated (not factors in what he did) and having a better understanding of himself and how to be a better person as he’s done his time given in court, gone to counselling and got clean. People may not agree with my take but it’s not a reason to come on here and start putting words in my mouth. I come on here for enjoyment and not to be shot down/misconstrued for something I haven’t said, efestivals isn’t Twitter. 

In terms of Meighan, he was very much minimising the assault as a 'argument ' in his post rehab interviews, there was prosecution evidence that it was an ongoing spousal abuse situation, and he initially pleaded bot guilty until the CCTV came out showing he was lying. 

Maybe I'm wrong of course, but I don't see his situation as anything different to someone like Louis CK or Ryan Adams trying to resurrect their careers but soft soaping their crimes. I'm sure Marilyn mansion will try the same thing in the new few years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Thanks for the apology @gfa 

@mcshed I didn’t realise I had to be that clear with my wording, I’ve stated facts that have happened since said crime. Just to be clear as people are clearing looking far too much into my comment because obviously it’s a touchy subject and a shitty thing that Tom did that is totally unacceptable. I don’t agree with cancel culture and I believe people can be rehabilitated and should at least have the chance to do so otherwise we’re in a very bad place if we’re saying people don’t make mistakes, put them in the bin forever. All events that have happened since are factors in him being rehabilitated (not factors in what he did) and having a better understanding of himself and how to be a better person as he’s done his time given in court, gone to counselling and got clean. People may not agree with my take but it’s not a reason to come on here and start putting words in my mouth. I come on here for enjoyment and not to be shot down/misconstrued for something I haven’t said, efestivals isn’t Twitter. 

So you do think his ADHD diagnosis is relevent to his rehabilitation? Which is all I was asserting. Sorry if I've missed something here, that's seems wrong to me as relevent to the conversation as whether or not he's changed his Nando's order and it seemed like you were backing away from this when people pointed it out.

I agree people should be able to be rehabilitated, I also think this is a very fast turn around and with a fair amount of minimising what he has done, so I'm not going to support him, others are free to see it differently. 

19 minutes ago, gfa said:

Bristol gone already 

17 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Some decent acts I wouldn't mind catching on that and £44 for the weekend! 👍

It was really good this year, three days rather than the two. Saw lots of bands I'd not known about before they were announced and have really got into since.

7 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Some decent acts I wouldn't mind catching on that and £44 for the weekend! 👍

Only £44? I'd happily pay that just for Self Esteem and Yard Act.

Going to London the following weekend to see Foals and don't think I can really afford 2 weekends away in a row or I'd be tempted by that.

8 hours ago, Quark said:

I'll be amazed if The Lathums aren't at Glastonbury this year.  Either Williams Green or JPT I reckon, although they'll probably end up wasted as early slot Other fodder.

I know the Other Stage gets a hammering on here but labelling it as a stage not fit for The Lathums is too far.

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I know the Other Stage gets a hammering on here but labelling it as a stage not fit for The Lathums is too far.

I think he means more they'd be better off on a smaller stage later on in the day with a crowd that knows their songs well vs people half-arsed at 2pm on the other stage. Bands like kaiser chiefs are better off in that kind of slot

Just now, gfa said:

I think he means more they'd be better off on a smaller stage later on in the day with a crowd that knows their songs well vs people half-arsed at 2pm on the other stage. Bands like kaiser chiefs are better off in that kind of slot

Mate, it's The Lathums. It's not a thoughtful, cerebral concierto ruined by chatters, it's pints-in-the-air singalong indie. It's The Kooks, albeit with no hooks.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Not that the stage isn't fit for them (they're clearly a fit), more that I think they're a band that really suits the atmosphere of a tent. They're probably not going to get a late slot on t'Other, which is what I think would suit them there.