news & politics:discussion

zahidf

15 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Reflecting on yesterday's events at PMQs., I think Starmer was masterful. Showing his full fleetness of mind to adapt his attack in reaction to Johnson's utterings. Never seen him so effective. 

He really was, he adapted on the fly to Johnson and completely destroyed Johnson. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Don't think there will be any leadership challenge...way he goes is if vote of no confidence or he resigns. 

Enquiry might force his hand depending on how it’s worded …. Lots to come … Laura K said earlier it might take 1 week … The people interested won’t be backing him now … 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Enquiry might force his hand depending on how it’s worded …. Lots to come … Laura K said earlier it might take 1 week … The people interested won’t be backing him now … 

The enquiry that will say exactly what Spaffer wants it to say? It’s going to be anything but impartial. 

I can’t take the credit for this but…

ITS TIME WE GOT BOXIT DONE!

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

The enquiry that will say exactly what Spaffer wants it to say? It’s going to be anything but impartial. 

She’s also in an impossible position given his misdemeanours are obvious and he’s admitted he was there … she ruins any credibility she has .. or just completes the job on the PM with things already known … 

27 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I would imagine she’s gonna be another stooge like Lord Geidt and somehow let Johnson off. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

I would imagine she’s gonna be another stooge like Lord Geidt and somehow let Johnson off. 

How can she though ? It’s her job to report the facts isn’t it ? Although bizarrely it seems like Johnson can or can’t sack himself as a result … 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10396665/Rishi-Sunaks-tepid-support-Boris-Johnson-partygate-stands-like-sore-thumb.html

Daily Mail tracking it...  Pretty much everyone has backed the PM in some way yesterday

image.png.d4cacb690f5ced9fa706aaf9d4fa1128.png

Absolutely strange state of affairs they all still fall in behind a lame duck PM .. wonder if any of them attended ? 

Just now, Lycra said:

Just had reply from my MP, she's going wait until the Gray Inquiry is published before deciding her actions.

Of course the Gray Inquiry is so independent. Reporting to the PM who decides what can be published 😠

That’ll be the stock answer I’m sure … 

4 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Conveniently a family member has tested positive so Boris as had to cancel is trip to Lancashire 😂

He’s vaccinated so would only have to isolate if he showed symptoms wouldn’t he ? I loose track of all the changes … and a negative lft would mean he could carry on ? 

58 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How can she though ? It’s her job to report the facts isn’t it ? Although bizarrely it seems like Johnson can or can’t sack himself as a result … 

The same way that Geidt did, conveniently not find Johnson deliberately guilty but only accidentally made a mistake and then next year she’ll get rewarded. She was personally appointed by Johnson to look into this after his last appointment was found to have broken the rules anyway.

Sue Gray isn’t exactly perfect, she has previously given advice to staff about deleting emails so they can’t be found under a freedom of information request.