2022 Line-up thread

• 1 month later...

I hope they don't fill it with overseas acts. One of the joys of this festival season is seeing smaller bands get big opportunities and they will be reduced if the line up is stuffed with American acts.

Saying that I would happily spend the whole festival in just a pair of pants if it meant I could see Parquet Courts and Oh Sees back at EotR.

4 hours ago, benali said:

I hope they don't fill it with overseas acts. One of the joys of this festival season is seeing smaller bands get big opportunities and they will be reduced if the line up is stuffed with American acts.

Saying that I would happily spend the whole festival in just a pair of pants if it meant I could see Parquet Courts and Oh Sees back at EotR.

It's a festival with a stated aim of bringing over American acts, after having to get by this year it'd be churlish (if possible) not to rebook the US bands people wanted to see if they're still coming over - though with four cancelled headliners over the two years (Pixies, Big Thief, Angel Olsen, Perfume Genius) and others with new material surely coming out in the next tweve months it's going to be a bit crowded.

Slightly OT but I've been idly wondering who would have headlined/played this year had 2020 not been wiped out. I assume Perfume Genius would have been over and Sleater-Kinney feel like a good bet for big import. I wonder about Laura Marling - the LUMP album was due in 2020, so if Song For Our Daughter is out this year I feel either EOTR or GM was going to bite the bullet and make her a headliner eventually. Sleaford Mods can have the Thursday and Stereolab sub one day - Hot Chip have nothing to promote so I doubt they'd be considered. Parquet Courts might have subbed as their new album would likely be out by now. Slowthai?

(EDIT: actually it seems Song For Our Daughter was originally due in August 2020 even though Animal was recorded first)

Edited by SweepingTheNation

17 hours ago, scattered_screens said:

Ah nice. Looking forward to Big Thief at Eotr 2022!

Lower down the bill I hope. Just because they were popular when the acts were booked in early 2020 doesn't mean they will be in Autumn 2022. The tide was turning against this sort of dour Americana light during the 2019 festival season. 

Edited by Declan

Just now, Declan said:

Lower down the bill I hope. Just because they were popular when the acts were booked in early 2020 doesn't mean they will be in Autumn 2022. The tide was turning against this sort of dour Americana light during the 2019 festival season. 

Big Thief are an incredible band imo, and them rising through the ranks of the line up is a good thing. I'd rather take them over Pixies any day of the week. You clearly haven't listened if you think they're dour Americana.

• Upvote 1