Outbreak Fest 2022

BlackFoxx

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Livvy Mae said:

Hellfest wasn't the weekend of Outbreak, but the week before. They have gigs before and after Outbreak still listed on their site so I don't think it'll happen with them pulling out. Probably will get an APE ticket to be safe.

Hellfest is over 2 weeks this year with one of those weekends being the same as Outbreak which Turnstile was meant to be playing the Thursday of. But like you said, the rest of the dates are still on their site so unless anymore dates get cancelled I feel pretty confident in them being there.

Timetable out on Friday so we will see 🙂 their schedule does look punishing so I am not surprised they are culling some shows.

Just FYI anyone who isn't from the city, if you are travelling for a day ticket, or coming to Manchester early, the rail strikes are 21, 23, 25th June so this could impact getting to the festival

2 hours ago, losing44 said:

I got a notification from bandsintown saying TSSF are playing a London show the week of Outbreak, could they be the secret act?

It's an event that's being run called The Story So Far, not the band

https://markethousebrixton.co.uk/event/the-story-so-far/

Anyways I'm pretty confident that the secret set is going to be Malevolence.

58 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Malevolence are in the US over outbreak so there out, perhaps Brutality Will Prevail or maybe Trash Talk?

Malevolence are playing Jera on Air in the Netherlands on the Thursday and Full Force in Germany on the Saturday. They're in Europe and are free on Friday. Outbreak has also been liking all their stuff on IG lately and one of the members of Malevolence liked the secret set announcement straight away. I'm pretty confident it's going to be them.

46 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Anyone been before that knows what the venue is like? Is there much security? Easy to get in and out? Smoking area?

Never been to Outbreak or the venue (it's their first time there as well) but I do know the venue is a bitch to get to. My mate went there for a horror fest and says she's dreading doing it everyday this weekend. They've sorta got a one way system but no idea if it'll be chaos and they're allowing re-entry now but there is a final admission time (no idea what it'll be but it's been like 6/7 in previous years I believe).

The posted the map yesterday and while there is no mention on a smoking area but there is a large outdoor area so presuming you can smoke out there.

The only thing I know in regards to security is that there is going to be no barrier at either stage. No idea how extensive the searches will be getting in.

• Thanks 1

What a festival, loved it. Found the venue, staff and logistics all easy as well as the bands all killing it. 

Next year is up for presale, and going to be at Depot Mayfair - anyone been to this venue can tell me what it’s like?

No idea who’s likely to headline, other then perhaps Code Orange and Hatebreed

Yeah incredible weekend. I'm in so much pain but worth it. Only complaint is the venue gets like really warm when it's packed. When turnstile were coming on I started to panic and nearly fainted but some medic gave me water so I was ok! Sets of the weekend were Touche, Vein, Turnstile, Fiddlehead and Incendiary.

Also someone broke their neck at Show Me the Body which was kinda scary but they've been on twitter saying they're ok (as much as you can be with a broken neck).

Been to Mayfield Depot for WHP and I think it's sick but not too sure how it'll work for Outbreak but we'll see. At least it's in a better location. No idea who they could book for next year as they seemingly got nearly every hardcore band this year! Gonna guess they might have to spread out a tiny bit so gonna say: Code Orange, Title Fight and The Story So Far.

Edited by justanothername

11 hours ago, justanothername said:

Yeah incredible weekend. I'm in so much pain but worth it. Only complaint is the venue gets like really warm when it's packed. When turnstile were coming on I started to panic and nearly fainted but some medic gave me water so I was ok! Sets of the weekend were Touche, Vein, Turnstile, Fiddlehead and Incendiary.

Also someone broke their neck at Show Me the Body which was kinda scary but they've been on twitter saying they're ok (as much as you can be with a broken neck).

Been to Mayfield Depot for WHP and I think it's sick but not too sure how it'll work for Outbreak but we'll see. At least it's in a better location. No idea who they could book for next year as they seemingly got nearly every hardcore band this year! Gonna guess they might have to spread out a tiny bit so gonna say: Code Orange, Title Fight and The Story So Far.

Killswitch Engage? 

48 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Killswitch Engage? 

Can't see it happening. Don't fit with the general vibe or aesthetic of Outbreak at all. The Metalcore bands they book are far more in the style of beat down/skater/straight edge sort of stuff and you could see it in the merch people were wearing as well. If we see more metally kind of bands I reckon it'll be more like Full of Hell (saw a bunch of their merch about).

I reckon if they want a no hardcore headliner they'll go for The Story So Far. It'll piss off a few of the die hard hardcore fans but the bookers like them and they're popular within the community. I know it's not TSSF directly but saw loads of No Pressure t shirts this weekend, probably the most out of any band that wasn't playing so that's an easy double booking for them.

Edited by justanothername