Outbreak Fest 2022

BlackFoxx

11 hours ago, losing44 said:

Would love to see Life of Agony, Helmet, Jesus Piece, Trash Talk there - would also love to see someone like Napalm Death headlining one of the days or something. Really intrigued on the direction they will go. 

They were certainly trying it this year with Injury Reserve, Deafheaven, Choir Boy etc... Didn't watch Choir Boy but I know the others didn't get the biggest crowd (though I know lots of people went home early on Sunday as even Ceremony didn't get a big crowd) but it seems to indicate a direction. Would love to see some acts like clipping or Have a Nice Life (saw deathconsciousness tees a few times this weekend). 

1 hour ago, Livvy Mae said:

I think it'll be Hatebreed and Title Fight for sure. Bit concerned it's going to turn into Slam Dunk lite

I always see Hatebreed being suggested but I always feel like they don't fit but I'm probably wrong on that and tbf there has always been big crossover between Slam Dunk and Outbreak. RFC type of artists (i.e. Title Fight, Citizen, Basement, Fiddlehead etc) have always been booked so it isn't really changing. The only big Pop Punk band I reckon they'll book is The Story So Far. With the stranger bookings they got this year I feel like it'll go closer to Roadburn Festival in the Netherlands or Oblivion Access in Texas than Slam Dunk.

2 hours ago, justanothername said:

I always see Hatebreed being suggested but I always feel like they don't fit but I'm probably wrong on that and tbf there has always been big crossover between Slam Dunk and Outbreak. RFC type of artists (i.e. Title Fight, Citizen, Basement, Fiddlehead etc) have always been booked so it isn't really changing. The only big Pop Punk band I reckon they'll book is The Story So Far. With the stranger bookings they got this year I feel like it'll go closer to Roadburn Festival in the Netherlands or Oblivion Access in Texas than Slam Dunk.

TBH my concern is less about the bookings, I have faith there's gonna be bands I love on there (though I will always avoid the likes of Citizen ha) but more so that Mayfield has the links to Freight Island, and I don't want it to move to a huge scale event with a big outdoor area. Outdoor festivals suck so bad. I do not want that in any event

Was interesting that during every break between acts they had 90s hip hop playing. Would love if there was an extra stage that crossed over well. Maybe a few hardcore hip hop acts next year? Maybe like Ho99o9, Flatbush Zombies or City Morgue...

Amount of Malevolence tees I saw there I can see them playing a proper slot next year lol. Code Orange is a shout.

On 6/28/2022 at 12:04 PM, justanothername said:

They were certainly trying it this year with Injury Reserve, Deafheaven, Choir Boy etc... Didn't watch Choir Boy but I know the others didn't get the biggest crowd (though I know lots of people went home early on Sunday as even Ceremony didn't get a big crowd) but it seems to indicate a direction. Would love to see some acts like clipping or Have a Nice Life (saw deathconsciousness tees a few times this weekend). 

Yeah saw all of those. Was amazed by the incredible voice the Choir Boy lead singer had. Very much depeche mode vibes. Felt sorry for IR as the crowd was dead for it, still did their best though regardless.

51 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Was interesting that during every break between acts they had 90s hip hop playing. Would love if there was an extra stage that crossed over well. Maybe a few hardcore hip hop acts next year? Maybe like Ho99o9, Flatbush Zombies or City Morgue...

Amount of Malevolence tees I saw there I can see them playing a proper slot next year lol. Code Orange is a shout.

Yeah saw all of those. Was amazed by the incredible voice the Choir Boy lead singer had. Very much depeche mode vibes. Felt sorry for IR as the crowd was dead for it, still did their best though regardless.

With the way Outbreak is going I feel like it might start to be more like oblivion access:attachment-OBLIVION-ACCESS-SQUARE-POSTER-2022-LAYERS-2500X2500-1.jpeg.318f923cabf21d6a640e7db73bbc944d.jpeg

I would prefer it if it was still predominantly hardcore but I wouldn't complain much either. Would love some one Danny Brown, JPEG or Death Grips in a high slot maybe with some others like clipping. or pink siifu. I think with Injury Reserve is that they clashed a bit with Militarie Gun and also on the 2nd stage after them was One Step Closer which probably didn't help with their crowd. Also people leaving early was quite common, I know people that left after Superheaven and Nothing because they were really tired.

Malevolence deffo getting a big slot next year. Not a fan but can't deny how huge they're getting.

19 hours ago, justanothername said:

With the way Outbreak is going I feel like it might start to be more like oblivion access:attachment-OBLIVION-ACCESS-SQUARE-POSTER-2022-LAYERS-2500X2500-1.jpeg.318f923cabf21d6a640e7db73bbc944d.jpeg

I would prefer it if it was still predominantly hardcore but I wouldn't complain much either. Would love some one Danny Brown, JPEG or Death Grips in a high slot maybe with some others like clipping. or pink siifu. I think with Injury Reserve is that they clashed a bit with Militarie Gun and also on the 2nd stage after them was One Step Closer which probably didn't help with their crowd. Also people leaving early was quite common, I know people that left after Superheaven and Nothing because they were really tired.

Malevolence deffo getting a big slot next year. Not a fan but can't deny how huge they're getting.

Damn that looks sick. Yeah I wouldn't want it to be a complete change, keep the main stage and headliners HC bands but maybe add another stage with more alternative/experimental hip-hop on it. Speaking to a few people at Outbreak and seeing some tees there I definitely think there would at least be some crossover with the fanbases.

Unfortunate that Field Day changed a lot, used to have the likes of Death Grips and JPEG playing quite a lot, now it's just purely electronic.

With the increase in capacity at the new venue, it’ll be interesting to see if they go for someone bigger as a headliner. Just not sure who would exactly fit the criteria of being within this world as well as happy to play to a presumably barrier less crowd

On 6/30/2022 at 11:04 AM, deadpheasant said:

Damn that looks sick. Yeah I wouldn't want it to be a complete change, keep the main stage and headliners HC bands but maybe add another stage with more alternative/experimental hip-hop on it. Speaking to a few people at Outbreak and seeing some tees there I definitely think there would at least be some crossover with the fanbases.

Unfortunate that Field Day changed a lot, used to have the likes of Death Grips and JPEG playing quite a lot, now it's just purely electronic.

Yeah I'd still like it to be predominantly be Hardcore but if like 10-20% of it was more alt hip hop/post punk/dream pop & shoegaze I'd be all over it. Or they could utilise the 2nd stage more. I do think that was also an experiment this year which proved quite successful.

Old Field Day line ups used to be incredible, used to be one of the festivals I really wanted to visit but now it feels a dime a dozen.

18 minutes ago, losing44 said:

With the increase in capacity at the new venue, it’ll be interesting to see if they go for someone bigger as a headliner. Just not sure who would exactly fit the criteria of being within this world as well as happy to play to a presumably barrier less crowd

That's going to be difficult since Turnstile are pretty much the biggest hardcore band right now. Who would you even get next year that's bigger than them? 

Edited by justanothername