Boom Village

deebeedoobee

Well those booking pages were not the most straight forward! All the drop down menus, and having to select “no water bottle “ and click 1 even though it was not what I was interested in. The “pick your favourite venue, genre of music” poll is also crap. Who is going to give this any consideration when you have a timer on your basket? Any way, tickets bought, party in 6 weeks if all goes to plan. Anyone else going?

26 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Well those booking pages were not the most straight forward! All the drop down menus, and having to select “no water bottle “ and click 1 even though it was not what I was interested in. The “pick your favourite venue, genre of music” poll is also crap. Who is going to give this any consideration when you have a timer on your basket? Any way, tickets bought, party in 6 weeks if all goes to plan. Anyone else going?

Was planning on it but the few friends id rounded up all bailed last minute.

A few have booked Y-not but said they'll commit once it officially cancels. Thankfully there's still tickets left but not sure how much longer they'll be available....

7 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Was planning on it but the few friends id rounded up all bailed last minute.

A few have booked Y-not but said they'll commit once it officially cancels. Thankfully there's still tickets left but not sure how much longer they'll be available....

I was surprised to see tickets still available. But have heard people saying, at the price they are paying, they want to see a line up first. Also some are waiting to see if it is definitely going ahead. 

1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

I was surprised to see tickets still available. But have heard people saying, at the price they are paying, they want to see a line up first. Also some are waiting to see if it is definitely going ahead. 

Yeah i've personally lost about £50 just in booking fees this year where it wasn't reasonable for me to carry over tickets, so i cant blame them for holding back. It was hard enough to convince a few mates that Latitude was going ahead even after it was chosen as a pilot event. Must admit, if i hadn't of been at BigFoot festival last weekend i dont think i would have been as optimistic as i am now! 

But yeah, £220 with no idea of the calibre of acts Boomtown are going to book is a big ask. No doubt itll sell out eventually. 

• Like 1

My friend is trying to convince that I need to go, and I am starting to feel tempted...

It looks like (going off what you said @mr flow and the website), they'll use a redesigned version of Old Town that would have formed the main square of what would have been this year's chapter... and the forests. 

Is it just 4000 capacity?

Edited by vintagelaureate

6 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

My friend is trying to convince that I need to go, and I am starting to feel tempted...

It looks like (going off what you said @mr flow and the website), they'll use a redesigned version of Old Town that would have formed the main square of what would have been this year's chapter... and the forests. 

I got a reply on Instagram saying they’re aiming for 9,000 capacity (both public and crew) 

13 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I believe there will also be a stage at the bottom of the hippy highway hill, as they want to trial that area, as that is where they have earmarked one of the main stages being placed when the full festival returns. 

• 2 weeks later...

Morning Peeps,

I know it's a long shot, considering tickets were released so close to the festival taking place, but if anyone cannot make it and would like to sell, a friend of mine missed out and could do with the party! 

Have a good day all!

That sucks! It never seemed likely to cancelled as it was devised with covid in mind and the restrictions have been lifted, I wonder what happened.

Statement below;

"We are truly sorry to have to say this again, but we have had to make the incredibly hard decision to cancel Boom Village. 

These past few days we have been back in the excruciating position of weighing up every possible scenario to see how we might be able to proceed. There is so much excitement out there for us to come together and host this beautiful festival but sadly the risks of holding the event now outweigh all the wonderful reasons for going ahead.

The core decision is due to the escalating cases of COVID-19 across the country, and the risks that widespread illness and self-isolation could have on our crew and contractors, which would result in us not having enough people to build and deliver the show to the high public safety standards we uphold.

When we first came up with the concept of Boom Village we were so excited by the idea of a smaller show where we could trial new sustainable ideas. This was incredibly energising and we leapt into the project of bringing our much-loved festival community back together in a whole new way; with an intimate, locally focused and family-friendly event that put its ethos front and centre.

We had devised a concept that could have worked in the current climate, despite all the existing issues such as a lack of insurance etc... We were navigating our way through those obstacles, but with the timelines being pushed back, the changes we’ve seen to policy and the national escalation in cases, the odds now feel stacked against us and we are no longer in a position to be able to proceed.

We appreciate that this decision may be confusing in light of the latest Government announcement relaxing most of the COVID legislation from Monday 19th July. In that announcement it was also stated that the responsibility and ‘common sense’ now lies with the individual or organisation; that is a responsibility we take very seriously. The circumstances we’ve outlined above severely affect our ability to deliver a show where we could guarantee high levels of safety for all in attendance, as there are so many factors outside of our control. 

Whilst cancellation may not be the case for all festivals and we truly hope that many will still be able to continue this summer, as a fully independent festival with a small but highly skilled team and a close-knit extended crew, the rise in cases and isolation pose a real threat that we simply cannot ignore. Unfortunately, we have to accept this and make the best decision for all involved and in attendance, as well as the future of the festival. 

We are truly devastated to not be able to bring Boom Village to you this summer, but now that we’ve dreamed this amazing concept into reality, we hope it will return for you all at some point in the future when the time is right.

All ticket holders have been contacted directly via email about their automatic refunds - get in touch with boomvillage@boomtownfair.co.uk if you haven't had yours.

After much excitement and support from so many, and a huge amount of work from the team, it’s heartbreaking to deliver this message, again.  But we are truly grateful for all who have supported us throughout these past 18 months of uncertainty.  We will refocus back onto Boomtown 2022 and work towards what will be the most epic celebration next August. 

Thank you as always for being on this journey with us, we really couldn’t do this without you.

Big love, 
Boomtown HQ. 

xxx"

A cynical man might say it’s because they were struggling with ticket sales.

given the complexity of the setup I’m pretty sympathetic to their risks, everything is so bespoke and unique unlike say Reading where the stage pops up on the back of a single truck. 

• Like 1