Ranks

Hugh Jass

On 6/29/2021 at 8:44 AM, thewayiam said:

Let's clear this up now. My rep is bollocks on here... nevermind!

I always thought your rep showed your commitment to ‘sticking it to the man.’ I think the comment on rep and seeing how reliable that person was resonates more with those who are 0 to -100. That also usually goes in tandem with how recent their profile started.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I always thought your rep showed your commitment to ‘sticking it to the man.’ I think the comment on rep and seeing how reliable that person was resonates more with those who are 0 to -100. That also usually goes in tandem with how recent their profile started.

In addition one has to take into account that there are many lurkers (Hello all.) who use this forum to gain information on a variety of festivals. They will now be 'immediately' unaware of who looks solid or not, unless they make an effort and then rely on memory to identify people in the first usages of the site - and that's having gone to the effort to obtain that knowledge. I might be technically wrong on that though, because I'm not entirely sure what the extent of the changes are. I just saw change and went into a freefall situation. A position that I'm still in. If I'm not careful, I might get complacent and start living my life anew, only in this never ending freefall arrangement. Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

What happened?

How it got that extremely high who exactly knows. But in brief, I posted a bit too passionately and over the top back in the day maybe. I didn't make the account in the best taste but was pissed off that a genuine festival headliner guess that turned out correct was flamed, even though I didn't try take credit at all. I simply said the day before I reckon it might be that such and such person. Probably gave some bands too much stick...Foals being one of them although at the same time, my views or opinions were looked upon in a lesser way than others. Obviously I gave Kanye a lot of stick....don't regret that for one moment and nothing he's done since had proved me otherwise. Bipolar does not justify his actions.

But ultimately, the reason that number did get there was yourself and others on here over a large period chose to down vote everything and anything I said for fun regardless of what it was even just giving an opinion was doing so yourselves and all got way too serious. But you know, I moved on etc, learnt from the errors I made myself....you lot kinda did not. So you know it all adds up.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

But ultimately, the reason that number did get there was yourself and others on here over a large period chose to down vote everything and anything I said for fun regardless of what it was even just giving an opinion was doing so yourselves and all got way too serious. But you know, I moved on etc, learnt from the errors I made myself....you lot kinda did not. So you know it all adds up.

Woah there!!! Me?

I can assure you I have done no such thing. Check my profile, in 6 years on eFests I have only ever clicked the red button twice.

37 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Woah there!!! Me?

I can assure you I have done no such thing. Check my profile, in 6 years on eFests I have only ever clicked the red button twice.

I didn't even know you could break it down like that, I've only ever given 1 apparently. Must have been a pretty crap post. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

He showed his true intelligence

And you've more than showed yours through this summer. So good that the festival forum you run is a shambles but we'll just ignore that for your self important greater power. 🙄

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Woah there!!! Me?

Great you've only clicked the red button twice, you can't defend the slurs and comments etc though. But hey, it's done. You asked, I told you and that's that.

3 hours ago, priest17 said:

I didn't even know you could break it down like that, I've only ever given 1 apparently. Must have been a pretty crap post. 

I didn't know that you could break it down like that until now either. I also have only given one downvote since 2011. However, I have been given 13 downvotes. Those people now sleep with the fishes!