The sets I'd REALLY LIKE to see on BBC

airwaves

Rod Stewart in 2002 

(messing obviously) 

would love to see REM from 2003 can only find the odd track on YouTube. 
A full gorillaz set would be nice was there and I enjoyed it would like to see how it came across on the tele though. Oh and crowded house in 2008 was there but never recorded it stupidly. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen much footage from Macca 04.

I feel like this was on YouTube at one point about a decade ago, so I think it exists somewhere! 

Edit - oh (presume there's some missing though?)

Edited by Zacko

1 hour ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Rod Stewart in 2002 

(messing obviously) 

would love to see REM from 2003 can only find the odd track on YouTube. 
A full gorillaz set would be nice was there and I enjoyed it would like to see how it came across on the tele though. Oh and crowded house in 2008 was there but never recorded it stupidly. 

I swear i have full gorillaz somehere. My pre 2010 stuff is all om disc believe it not.

I’d love to rewatch/relive the Mike Skinner & Murkage present TONGA set at Rumshack in 2016 (I think), Saturday night. Obviously no cameras in there, but it was probably the best nightlife set I’ve been at, just wall to wall bangers; and it seemed to go on for hours.

edit; I’ve tried finding it on the artist A-Z for 2016 and 2017. It might’ve just been Mike Skinner, but I can’t remember. The only  sets I can find are 1 hour and it was definitely at least 2.5 hours.

Edited by Andy0808 v5

The Prodigy 1995 and 1997 - Surprised they haven't had one of these up yet. 

Pulp 2011 - I was there, great gig. Don't think there was any camera's recording though? The full 1998 set would also be nice.

Stevie Wonder 2010

• Upvote 1

Ronnie Spector the park 2017

Gerry cinnamon John Peel 2019

The cure 2019 

Protoje 2017 not sure if the first set was filmed in the afternoon

saw them at the gully in the evening 

Aurora john Peel 

Edited by cidy

Of stuff they actually filmed, I'd like to see the full Macca and Neil Young sets. 

Of stuff they didn't, Frank Turner Other Stage 2015, Anti-Flag Leftfield 2014, any Mik Artistik set (maybe go with Avalon Café 2019), St Paul and The Broken Bones Other Stage 2016 and Hives Other Stage 2013.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Of stuff they actually filmed, I'd like to see the full Macca and Neil Young sets. 

Of stuff they didn't, Frank Turner Other Stage 2015, Anti-Flag Leftfield 2014, any Mik Artistik set (maybe go with Avalon Café 2019), St Paul and The Broken Bones Other Stage 2016 and Hives Other Stage 2013.

No Leonard Cohen footage either.

And why didn't they film the War on Drugs opening the Pyramid? We're they not up in time?

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

No Leonard Cohen footage either.

And why didn't they film the War on Drugs opening the Pyramid? We're they not up in time?

It's the early sets that are missing. Unless you're the Other opener, they don't film them. The bastards.

You can tell what's being filmed because they start using the boom camera.

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's the early sets that are missing. Unless you're the Other opener, they don't film them. The bastards.

You can tell what's being filmed because they start using the boom camera.

TWOD weren't even the Pyramid opener (according to the official website / line up). On at the same time as Blondie.

Fuck me, 2014 was the year the Kaiser Chiefs opened the Other to sound of the loudest collective groan in festival history.