The sets I'd REALLY LIKE to see on BBC

airwaves

Kanye. Not because it was particularly incredible, but I think it’s a shame that what was undeniably a massive ‘moment’ from one of the biggest superstars of this century has seemingly been hidden away forever.

Be nice to see some more Park sets as well (Father John Misty, Ezra Furman, The Fall, that sort of thing) but that’s just my music taste talking really.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Feel free to add as you feel.... 

Bruce Springsteen 

Neil Young 

Roger Waters

Lamb - any year

Portishead, 2013

Christ that Neil Young set was incredible.

I remember I got some stick from a few mates in the runup to the festival because Reading had Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, and KoL, and Glasto had "old man headliners" (we were 17).

That completely evaporated within five minutes of Neil Young coming on stage. The guy fucking SLAYED it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Christ that Neil Young set was incredible.

I remember I got some stick from a few mates in the runup to the festival because Reading had Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, and KoL, and Glasto had "old man headliners" (we were 17).

That completely evaporated within five minutes of Neil Young coming on stage. The guy fucking SLAYED it. 

I was there (again) for Neil Young at the Pyramid. I also saw him on the Trans Tour, 1982

‘Trans’: The Overlooked Prescience Of Neil Young’s “Electro” Album.

The Pyramid set wins.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

Sigur Ros, John Peel stage 

Mogwai, Park stage 

The Hold Steady, Other 

Also, some reggae. Not sure what the BBC filmed, but Steel Pulse, Ziggy Marley, The Wailers, Toots?

Hold Steady Other wasn't filmed. They did though film JP 2008 set. Bits are on You Tube but not the full set.

Beastie Boys 1994. It's still one of the best Glastonbury sets I have ever been too. Portishead Acoustic Tent 1995 is another. 94 and 95 are two of my favourite Glastonbury's.