Open'er Festival 2022

qz3

3 minutes ago, misterplow said:

Not a very big band in Poland. This isn't the UK. 😉 

yeah, I know they're not that big here in Poland, but still, too big for Tent Stage in my opinion.

Just now, mln said:

yeah, I know they're not that big here in Poland, but still, too big for Tent Stage in my opinion.

Agree, they are Main Stage headlining 110,000 capacity Download in the UK, and some other Euro festivals too.

Charli XCX played on the Main Stage when she had 1 hit... 

17 minutes ago, gregory said:

Agree, they are Main Stage headlining 110,000 capacity Download in the UK, and some other Euro festivals too.

Charli XCX played on the Main Stage when she had 1 hit... 

Charli XCX is much bigger than Biffy Clyro though right now. And again: they're only big in the UK. Last time I saw them they played the Belgian Pukkelpop in front of an embarassingly small crowd. 

5 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

So how you all feeling with the latest announcements, is that all for today?

That is all for today and it's a massive disappointment for me. We had to wait for over 3 months and got zero acts for Main Stage. Don't get it at all.

11 minutes ago, mln said:

That is all for today and it's a massive disappointment for me. We had to wait for over 3 months and got zero acts for Main Stage. Don't get it at all.

You got two - Taco Hemingway and Jan-Rapowanie. I'm not saying it's something special but two more Main Stage spots have been taken and there's not that many left.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Newjem said:

You got two - Taco Hemingway and Jan-Rapowanie. I'm not saying it's something special but two more Main Stage spots have been taken and there's not that many left.

Yeah, you know that's not what I meant 😉

Hi there im planning to head to Opener for the Wednesday, and wondered if there is going to be any more artist announcements as I believe every other day has 4 artists on main stage and Wednesday only has 3 ?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks 😃

12 minutes ago, E_A said:

Hi there im planning to head to Opener for the Wednesday, and wondered if there is going to be any more artist announcements as I believe every other day has 4 artists on main stage and Wednesday only has 3 ?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks 😃

There will be more Main Stage acts for Wednsday, but it's possible they will fill these empty slots with some Polish artists.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, gregory said:

Yep, what was that ridiculous day again? Foals -> Killers -> The Cure -> Chemical Brothers?

Plus FKA Twigs and Banks on Tent Stage. Would be easily the best day in the history of this festival.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing clashfinder guesstimates there was a lot of TBA slots, do we have any hope left for decent international artists, or should I just give up hope and see slots being filled with domestic artists?

I don't know how to feel about this, at the same time I feel hopeful, but then I feel this has been a hard year for organizers, as the Orange Warsaw Festival lineup was really meh this year.

In any case, accommodation and travel tickets are booked and already getting into the festival mood seeing the videos from Primavera, so decided to bump this topic as well, let's hope for a good weather and mindblowing last minute bookings 🙏

There's still place for around 6-8 international artists, including a co-headliner spot on Wednesday. 

In the past years, they announced some big acts late May / June, e.g. Kylie Minogue and Interpol in 2019, Noel Gallagher, Post Malone and Mount Kimbie in 2018, Lorde in 2017 or Faith No More in 2014, so there's still hope! 

To be fair, Orange Warsaw line-up was better IMO than e.g. in 2019.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mln said:

There's still place for around 6-8 international artists, including a co-headliner spot on Wednesday. 

In the past years, they announced some big acts late May / June, e.g. Kylie Minogue and Interpol in 2019, Noel Gallagher, Post Malone and Mount Kimbie in 2018, Lorde in 2017 or Faith No More in 2014, so there's still hope! 

To be fair, Orange Warsaw line-up was better IMO than e.g. in 2019.

Seriously? Open'er has never had that many international artists before, I think. We're not doing it this year, but I'd assume maybe 2-3 more, including that co-headliner or just a biggish act on Wednesday? 

12 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Seriously? Open'er has never had that many international artists before, I think. We're not doing it this year, but I'd assume maybe 2-3 more, including that co-headliner or just a biggish act on Wednesday? 

If I am correct, there are 36 international aritsts now (excluding Beat Stage) and there were 40 in 2019 (in 2015 the number was even higher). This year, they announced that Alter Stage will have the highest number of acts in the history, that's what I based on my estimation of 6-8 still missing. Obviously, I may be wrong and they will fill remaining slots with some Polish acts.

Edited by mln

On 6/7/2022 at 7:47 PM, Henrique said:

Seeing clashfinder guesstimates there was a lot of TBA slots, do we have any hope left for decent international artists, or should I just give up hope and see slots being filled with domestic artists?

I don't know how to feel about this, at the same time I feel hopeful, but then I feel this has been a hard year for organizers, as the Orange Warsaw Festival lineup was really meh this year.

In any case, accommodation and travel tickets are booked and already getting into the festival mood seeing the videos from Primavera, so decided to bump this topic as well, let's hope for a good weather and mindblowing last minute bookings 🙏

Yes i’m the same, flights and hotel booked. I’m only heading to Wednesday, for Doja but obviously she ain’t there anymore and Inhaler but now i’m going to get into the festival spirit anyways, no matter who’s announced. I hold out hope for a big international name, but who knows. 

Edited by E_A