Open'er Festival 2022

qz3

2 minutes ago, shivroy said:

so, florence tomorrow?

Yeah, unfortunately that's very likely. Still hoping for QOTSA though.

Regarding second line names, I think we can expect some of these: Polo G, Modest Mouse, Glass Animals, Leon Bridges, Tom Misch, Little Simz, Foals, Black Pumas, Arlo Parks, Pheobe Bridgers, Jorja Smith, Charli XCX, Kacey Musgraves. Would love to see Fontaines DC, Turnstile, and The War On Drugs, but these are rather unlikely due to their schedules.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, mln said:

Yeah, unfortunately that's very likely. Still hoping for QOTSA though.

Regarding second line names, I think we can expect some of these: Polo G, Modest Mouse, Glass Animals, Leon Bridges, Tom Misch, Little Simz, Foals, Black Pumas, Arlo Parks, Pheobe Bridgers, Jorja Smith, Charli XCX, Kacey Musgraves. Would love to see Fontaines DC, Turnstile, and The War On Drugs, but these are rather unlikely due to their schedules.

Hopefully if it is Florence that her new album will be different.

All her albums are the same.

Maybe Florence 80s electro is what we need.

If Qotsa are added I hope they don't share with Imagine dragons.

14 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Why does FATM seem so certain?

Announced today for Tempelhof in Berlin, available the entire Open'er week, played Open'er and Orange Warsaw Festival (the same organiser) before, very popular in Poland.

And also apart from QOTSA and maybe The Killers (but only for Wednesday), it's hard to find someone who can fill the headliner or co-headliner spot, unless we're waiting for someone with no dates yet (The Weeknd, Kendrick?).

However, it's quite unusual that we still don't have any rap names. That's why it wouldn't surprise me if it's gonna be ASAP Rocky or J. Cole tomorrow.

Edited by mln

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Seems like good shouts. J. Cole is headlining Woo-Hah festival in the Netherlands and is nearby. 

Yeah, but I guess he's nothing more than a co-headliner when it comes to Open'er; he would be a good replacement for ASAP Rocky, who was supposed to play along 21 Pilots on Thursday.

That still leaves us with one spot for a headliner and one spot for a co-headliner.

7 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Isn't the lack of rappers in the line-up more a thing of avoiding American artists due to Covid? They have to get SOMEONE though.

Out of 3 headliners, two are from US, so don't really think that's the reason.

21 minutes ago, mln said:

Out of 3 headliners, two are from US, so don't really think that's the reason.

I see, you're right.

Anyway, A$AP Rocky is in Europe in July. So is Tyler The Creator, but AFAIR he's playing another festival in Poland. Meghan Thee Stallion sounds like a legit option too, she also has some July European dates.

Just now, Giovanni said:

I see, you're right.

Anyway, A$AP Rocky is in Europe in July. So is Tyler The Creator, but AFAIR he's playing another festival in Poland. Meghan Thee Stallion sounds like a legit option too, she also has some July European dates.

Yeah, Tyler is doing Orange Warsaw Festival which is held by Open'er organisers. The problem is that he is the only act and the festival takes place first weekend of June what makes people doubtful about it...

As for ASAP, he was one of the first artists announced for 2020 and 2021 editions, so it's quite strange he's not there yet for this year.

This is who Parklife are announcing tomorrow. Perhaps one of these

PARKLIFE Festival is coming back bigger than ever, with performances from Tyler The Creator, Megan Thee Stallion, Lewis Capaldi, and 50 Cent’s only UK festival performance of the year.

Pinkpantheress, Jessie Ware, Annie Mac, Headie One, Central Cee And Chase & Status