Open'er Festival 2022

qz3

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

No Muse, no Chilli's, no Coldplay. 

Any other possible heads apart from QOTSA?

Going off dates I reckon Royal blood will be a co headline

The war on drugs is another possibility and also wolf Alice

Any of names that you mentioned are not co-headliner material. I expect Tame Impala/Qotsa on Wednesday, Asap on Thursday and The Killers + The Cure combo on Saturday.

1 hour ago, turnero said:

Any of names that you mentioned are not co-headliner material. I expect Tame Impala/Qotsa on Wednesday, Asap on Thursday and The Killers + The Cure combo on Saturday.

Sounds like a good Wednesday. I hope it's as you predict.

I only meant Royal blood as a co headline. Understand my sentence could be read incorrectly.

But yeah seems Killers are set to play. Big Opener space in their tour 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, rummy said:

With what we have so far, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Taco Hemingway, A$AP Rocky and Måneskin. Not exactly 2020 levels, is it?

Yeah, the headliners are weak so far, but at least 3 big names are still missing.

The undercard is quite strong tough. Alter Stage looks good.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

There's Dua Lipa already on Friday, so no, no chance.

I guess we won't be getting any announcements until mid-February. January was always rather quiet for them and with the current situation around COVID-19 (we have a lot of deaths in Poland every day) they will probably wait when it calms down a little.

2 hours ago, mln said:

There's Dua Lipa already on Friday, so no, no chance.

I guess we won't be getting any announcements until mid-February. January was always rather quiet for them and with the current situation around COVID-19 (we have a lot of deaths in Poland every day) they will probably wait when it calms down a little.

Looking at previous years it 2 headliners, one at nine and one at 11 and then something like a dance act/mid level rapper as a closer.

I think it's entirely possible. What's your thoughts on possible announcements.

Seems a long time to leave things till February. It's not like they've announced alot already.

could we see Kanye on any of the days?

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

Looking at previous years it 2 headliners, one at nine and one at 11 and then something like a dance act/mid level rapper as a closer.

It's rather always one headliner and one strong sub. Can't remember anything similar to Dua / Muse (in terms of popularity). Sure, we almost had The Killers / The Cure / The Chemical Brothers in 2020, but it didn't finally happen.

What's your thoughts on possible announcements.

If we're talking about big names, there's still place for one headliner (Saturday) and two co-headliners (Wednesday and Thursday). What's still possible? QOTSA, The Killers, ASAP, Kendrick (if he changes his plans once again), Tame Impala, Stormzy.

What surprises me is that we still dont have a single rap name. It has to change quickly, especially if you take a look on past line-ups and see that with each year we had more and more hip hop acts.

Seems a long time to leave things till February. It's not like they've announced alot already.

Opener is quite well known for being one of the slowest festivals in terms of announcements, so it is totally normal for them to leave things till February or even longer. Headliners being announced in April/May? Used to happen a few times before.

Edited by mln
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mln said:

It's rather always one headliner and one strong sub. Can't remember anything similar to Dua / Muse (in terms of popularity). Sure, we almost had The Killers / The Cure / The Chemical Brothers in 2020, but it didn't finally happen.

If we're talking about big names, there's still place for one headliner (Saturday) and two co-headliners (Wednesday and Thursday). What's still possible? QOTSA, The Killers, ASAP, Kendrick (if he changes his plans once again), Tame Impala, Stormzy.

What surprises me is that we still dont have a single rap name. It has to change quickly, especially if you take a look on past line-ups and see that with each year we had more and more hip hop acts.

Opener is quite well known for being one of the slowest festivals in terms of announcements, so it is totally normal for them to leave things till February or even longer. Headliners being announced in April/May? Used to happen a few times before.

https://opener.pl/en/news/221/dua-lipa-headlines-opener-festival-2022/

Yeah i guess she was confirmed as the headliner for that day, so no chance of Muse anymore. Gotta take Queens if i can get them. 

May try our Tauron to catch Moderat. I'm unsure what to do, I have to travel to Poland so trying to fit a festival in.

I'm guessing you live in Poland or holiday in Poland. What's your plan?

5 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

https://opener.pl/en/news/221/dua-lipa-headlines-opener-festival-2022/

Yeah i guess she was confirmed as the headliner for that day, so no chance of Muse anymore. Gotta take Queens if i can get them. 

May try our Tauron to catch Moderat. I'm unsure what to do, I have to travel to Poland so trying to fit a festival in.

I'm guessing you live in Poland or holiday in Poland. What's your plan?

Have you checked OFF Festival or Fest Festival? Apart from Opener, I'm planning to do them both as well. Not much announced so far, but there are some nice names.

I still think that Opener will bring a nice poster, maybe not that strong in terms of headliners like Mad Cool or Werchter, but with a very good undercard. But I get that their announcement 'strategy' may be very irritating.

On 1/13/2022 at 9:38 PM, mln said:

Have you checked OFF Festival or Fest Festival? Apart from Opener, I'm planning to do them both as well. Not much announced so far, but there are some nice names.

I still think that Opener will bring a nice poster, maybe not that strong in terms of headliners like Mad Cool or Werchter, but with a very good undercard. But I get that their announcement 'strategy' may be very irritating.

Yeah I have thanks, I'm going to Primavera so my indie/alt side is going to get his fill of good music. 

I understand what you mean about their announcement strategy being irritating. They recently advertised Badbadnotgood and Destroyer on instagram. But this is old news. 

2 minutes ago, mln said:

It is definitely not too soon and I guess FATM co-headlining with Imagine Dragons is quite possible.

Yeah I thought they had headlined in 2018 but I was wrong, since the last time was 2016 i think it's highly likely they'll be back. They're massive in Poland. Do you think that they would they headline July 2nd or is there not usually a headliner on that day? (i.e. are all the headliner spots taken?)

Edited by shivroy

22 minutes ago, shivroy said:

Yeah I thought they had headlined in 2018 but I was wrong, since the last time was 2016 i think it's highly likely they'll be back. They're massive in Poland. Do you think that they would they headline July 2nd or is there not usually a headliner on that day? (i.e. are all the headliner spots taken?)

2nd July is the only day where we still need a headliner. The Cure were supposed to play that day in 2020, but they already have 2 shows announced in Poland.

I think FATM are now more a co-headline material than a solo headliner, especially for Saturday, where we had some big acts the last couple of years (The Cure, Bruno Mars, Lana Del Rey - SMH co-headline).

39 minutes ago, mln said:

2nd July is the only day where we still need a headliner. The Cure were supposed to play that day in 2020, but they already have 2 shows announced in Poland.

I think FATM are now more a co-headline material than a solo headliner, especially for Saturday, where we had some big acts the last couple of years (The Cure, Bruno Mars, Lana Del Rey - SMH co-headline).

They're definitely still a solo headliner imo, their booking agent said that last time they played Poland (2019) they could've played stadiums given how fast their arena shows sold out