The Long and Winding Road

Superscally

One day, for one particular good reason, I decided to go for a run. 

On Friday morning, as the first bands would have taken to the stage, I will set off from Paul McCartney's childhood home and try to run 300km from there to Worthy Farm, by the time Taylor would finish Shaking it Off, on Sunday night.

That particular good reason is Oxfam. 

I'm hoping to raise a good chunk of funds to help them in their fight against COVID in developing countries and at the same time, give me a reason to obsess over the weather this weekend. 

Are you with me?

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?pageId=1291664

Edited by Superscally
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 22

11 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Just posting...debating target. I thought 2k. Friend said 10. Another said 135k - pound for every ticket holder. Thoughts? 😂

Sooner you have your page up quicker people can donate so I wouldn't stress too much about an appropriate target. Pretty sure you can raise more than what you set the initial target to. Nobody that was going to donate is going to think I won't bother they've already reached their target.

£135k seems unlikely though. Might be more motivational to have a realistic target.

Good luck, great idea.

Edited by found home in 2009

9 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Just posting...debating target. I thought 2k. Friend said 10. Another said 135k - pound for every ticket holder. Thoughts? 😂

Thoughts is go high …. And anyone with a twitter account retweets the hell out of it … even put it in the other Glasto site that I rarely venture into … 

4 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Pretty sure you can raise more than what you set the initial target too so I wouldn't stress too much about it. Nobody that was going to see donate is going to think I won't bother they've already reached their target

£135k seems unlikely though. Might be more motivational to have a realistic target.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thoughts is go high …. And anyone with a twitter account retweets the hell out of it … even put it in the other Glasto site that I rarely venture into … 

I'd love to go high, but conventional wisdom says that mega targets don't get hit... Aim for theoon and bimble to the stars, like a typical Glasto Thursday I think...

But yeah...announcing on social soon, so twitter monstering and cross-border action all welcome... 🙏👌❤️

Edited by Superscally

48 minutes ago, Superscally said:

One day, for one particular good reason, I decided to go for a run. 

On Friday morning, as the first bands would have taken to the stage, I will set off from Paul McCartney's childhood home and try to run 300km from there to Worthy Farm, by the time Taylor would finish Shaking it Off, on Sunday night.

That particular good reason is Oxfam. 

I'm hoping to raise a good chunk of funds to help them in their fight against COVID in developing countries and at the same time, give me a reason to obsess over the weather this weekend. 

Are you with me?

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?pageId=1291664

Good luck! I'm sorry I couldn't be there to help or I would've ran a little bit of it with you! 

5 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Text me your route...will see if i can come out and join you for a bit towards the end (if i can keep up)

If you feel like detouring towards Brighton I'm all in for joining. It's not that much further 😄

Likely route is Google Walking from 20 Forthlin Road to Pilton. Not sure about accessing site. Would be nice but understand if not desired. Unsure whether to go through Monmouth (likely extent of day 2 range) as struggling to find places to stay there that aren't mad expensive. @pilton diggerhas kindly offered me a domicile Sunday night. 😍 If I get there 😬

• Upvote 1