Bingley Weekender 2021

bexj

Scheduled for 1st weekend in August, currently very very very quiet on socials and this article https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-57469994 appears yesterday. 

Digging around, it seems like the event is linked to SSD, who were in trouble with their employees if i recall correctly earlier in the year. 

Anyone got any info on whether this festival is likely to be going ahead? 

No info but I've been assuming it's not happening for a while. 

I've got a ticket for the Sunday but Pixies have already cancelled other dates due to travel and White Lies don't even have it listed on their website! 

Absolutely shocking for the organisers as well to have not said anything on socials since December. 

Last month (after Pixies had canned the European tour) they said to the local paper that they were still planning on going ahead. "Bingley Weekender is planning to go ahead this August and we’re keeping abreast of all government guidelines,” from this.

Obviously six weeks ago things were a lot different but that is the only time they've been heard from since December as mentioned. It really is a terrible level of communication and I find it hard to believe that a festival that has gone silent for seven months is in the right condition to go ahead.

Thanks. Pixies was the main reason I bought tickets tbh.  Lets hope we get refunds/carried forward tickets... I'm a bit concerned over the morals of this company. 

11 hours ago, DDave said:

FB_IMG_1624551305337.jpg

Worryingly my weekend away is the week after this. A friend asked me if our trip away bank holiday weekend is still happening for the reason of the festival and i can only say currently yes. But it's a 90s weekend thing. Not a chance they are going to pilot that.