The eFests Virtual Meets

vintagelaureate

In the words of Glastonbury stalwart Norman Cook:

"we've come a long, long way together - through the hard times and the good..."

Twelve months ago, the Ridge and Furrow remained unbuilt, Pangea sat static, and the fields of Avalon remained empty - so an idea was formulated to keep the 'Glastonbury spirit' burning and the eFests tradition alive. 

The first Virtual Meet was set up, and really well attended (and for the most part well received). 

In fact - just like Mik Artistik - it has become a regular fixture! People have grown friendships and found company in some unprecedented times. It even became one of the only places to see Live From Worthy Farm a few weeks ago, thanks to some excellent streaming skills!

The last 12/18 months have been pretty dire at times, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel (somewhere) and we all know that "hope shines brightest in the darkness".  Let's keep shining that light and, fingers crossed, in twelve months we will all be at the biggest party on Earth.

With this in mind, it seems appropriate to continue the ritual... 

The Annual Live eFests Meet will take place at the 'Ridge and Furlough' 

Wednesday 23rd June 2021 @ 7:00pm:

Topic: Annual eFests Meeting - The Ridge and Furlough

Time: Jun 23, 2021 07:00 PM Greenwich Mean Time

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 870 1725 5969

Passcode: EFESTS2021

Everyone is welcome - be it no posts or 10,000 - and all are encouraged to attend. Bring your pint of Brothers, grab you hat - even if you wear two or it is sparkling with LEDs - and even put your wellies on if it makes you comfortable! Spend a minute, spend an hour or even spend the evening with the people you interact with on here! 

See you Wednesday! Take care.
Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 18

Damn out of reactions … but some great friends have been made during lockdowns …. And those have turned into real life friends … loads of us meeting in Manchester later in the year for a rythum of the 90s gig … come along and form some life long friendships … chat shit and drink and talk music amongst like minded people … getting there now 🙂 all welcome 

37 minutes ago, Homer said:

I can confirm that I am now having affairs with several of the people I have met on the virtual meets. They are extremely accommodating, discreet and hygienic.

Awww, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me 😘

41 minutes ago, Homer said:

I can confirm that I am now having affairs with several of the people I have met on the virtual meets. They are extremely accommodating, discreet and hygienic.

Best bit on the side I've ever had.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Not sure if I'll attend I'll be the only one without beer.

They don't approve of drinking in hospital.

There are usually non drinkers … at most of them … it will be good to have u join us … as is tradition .. I doubt you have the corbyn tshirt packed though 🙂 so just an efest one 

23 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Ask for some fun medication. Dexamethasone gives you a nice little buzz. 

I don't get any fun drugs but they're trying to seen me off some of the useful ones before I go home they mentioned that Theresa black market in them as the reason why.. which is an outrageous reason to stop giving a drug that serves a useful purpose.

58 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Ask for some fun medication. Dexamethasone gives you a nice little buzz. 

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't get any fun drugs but they're trying to seen me off some of the useful ones before I go home they mentioned that Theresa black market in them as the reason why.. which is an outrageous reason to stop giving a drug that serves a useful purpose.

I always have a cup of tea at the meets!!! 🫖
Now they have cancelled my hospital operation next weekend I wont be provided with free drugs!! I spoke to anaesthetists  today apparently i get access to morphine afterwards!!! 
I would reccomend Zoladex but not sure it has the same effect on males!! 🤣
Dexamethasone is strong stuff!!! 😬

Edited by funkychick2007

29 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

I always have a cup of tea at the meets!!! 🫖
Now they have cancelled my hospital operation next weekend I wont be provided with free drugs!! I spoke to anaesthetists  today apparently i get access to morphine afterwards!!! 
I would reccomend Zoladex but not sure it has the same effect on males!! 🤣
Dexamethasone is strong stuff!!! 😬

The morphine will be oral morph....it's an effective painkiller but  that's all it is, they don't like people taking it , so often prefer someone to be in pain.

8 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I’m attending and not drinking, we can lurk in the corner together watching the shenanigans . How are you doing ? 

I'm doing well thanks keep getting a bit ahead of myself with wrong counting of how long I have to discharge which is always disappointing when I'mn put right.... Yesterday j thought there was just over two weeks to go and then discovered it's just over three weeks. Depressing that one.

I'm Making plans for things to do when I get home latest idea is to Google a list of two of  albums to listen to before you die. And then put the lists in a randomiser and work thru  them and rate them.

Edited by eFestivals