Two years down, One year to go

CaledonianGonzo

3 hours ago, Simpo said:

For those of us who couldn't get tickets for 2019, it's 4 down, 1 to go.

On the Monday morning of Glastonbury 2017, I stared out of the back of a still bumping Bimble Inn at the sun rising, and said to the place, "see you in 2 years". And now I can scarcely 5 years of my life will have ticked by instead.

This ^

Late Sunday evening 2017 we paid a last visit to the, now sadly lost, Mason's Arms in Green Crafts, necked several 2 for £5 double G&T's (cos that's all he had left and didn't want to lug any of it home...), persuaded someone to crank up the decks and danced under the mirror ball like idiots.  Then much later we danced barefooted on the grass at Williams Green on the way back to Tangerine Fields, singing along to 'Total Eclipse of the Heart', happy as pigs in shit but sad we had 2 years to wait until we would be back.

Who knew.

2022 is going to go OFF 😉🤪

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

That we've managed to get this far without eating each other is certainly an achievement.

Have you not seen the shit thread?

Gonna be weird having actual Glastonbury stuff to talk about, hats off to those in the headliner thread who continue to think it's three new headliners when Paul McCartney blinks

I'm another in the 'haven't been since 2017' camp.

Only hit me last night that next year it'll have been five years since I was there. Half a frigging decade... and I thought missing out in 2014/2015 was bad.

But I remember last year being geed up once the Glasto weekend had passed, ready to countdown to the next. And I'm ready to do that again 💗

15 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Nah I made a conscious decision a very long time ago to give that thread a very wide berth.

I’ve looked at that thread a fair bit...seems to be full of names that I don’t really recognise from previous years on here and don’t post in other threads.

All the old regulars seem to be in other threads actually to do with the festival (nostalgia or looking forward to 2022)

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I’ve looked at that thread a fair bit...seems to be full of names that I don’t really recognise from previous years on here and don’t post in other threads.

All the old regulars seem to be in other threads actually to do with the festival (nostalgia or looking forward to 2022)

There are quite a few regulars posting there  but quite a few that are just there to wind things up … and like you say stand out as they don’t post anywhere else …  let’s hope they go back to twitter when that thread closes 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

There are quite a few regulars posting there  but quite a few that are just there to wind things up … and like you say stand out as they don’t post anywhere else …  let’s hope they go back to twitter when that thread closes 

Yeh looking forward to it going tbh...I got involved in an argument in it a while back about home working and tbh I stepped back as I don’t like arguing on here....reason I’ve been coming on here for 18 years is the mostly good vibes from people who also post....save the arguing for Twitter! 

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh looking forward to it going tbh...I got involved in an argument in it a while back about home working and tbh I stepped back as I don’t like arguing on here....reason I’ve been coming on here for 18 years is the mostly good vibes from people who also post....save the arguing for Twitter! 

The thread provided some good discussion early .. it’s good that it’s contained to one thread though so people can avoid as they wish … 1 year 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The thread provided some good discussion early .. it’s good that it’s contained to one thread though so people can avoid as they wish … 1 year 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Yes suppose that is one good thing!

yes one year...but perhaps an early present if Beautiful Days goes ahead.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Yes suppose that is one good thing!

yes one year...but perhaps an early present if Beautiful Days goes ahead.

Firmly crossing fingers … hoping the delay is them holding off till after the 19th … and then saying we go ahead … biting nails time though 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Tends to be just twitter dumps. Like a lot of the site now. Should be banned imo. If I want to read Tweets (which I do not) Ill go on Twitter.

If u shut it another one just springs up elsewhere …. It’s best open and avoided if u want to …. I remember at one point we had multiple threads on basically the same topic springing up … they kind of took over more than the 1 thread does now 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Firmly crossing fingers … hoping the delay is them holding off till after the 19th … and then saying we go ahead … biting nails time though 

Yes...I potentially also have Truck Festival at the end of July, BD and the Sunday at Reading....if just one goes ahead I’ll be happy. 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

If u shut it another one just springs up elsewhere …. It’s best open and avoided if u want to …. I remember at one point we had multiple threads on basically the same topic springing up … they kind of took over more than the 1 thread does now 

Covid politics! 

32 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Tends to be just twitter dumps. Like a lot of the site now. Should be banned imo. If I want to read Tweets (which I do not) Ill go on Twitter.

I'm amazed you've not gravitated back to your natural habitat of the weather thread pal 😄

Things are improving though.  Music, tour and fest threads coming back to life.

20 hours ago, Simpo said:

For those of us who couldn't get tickets for 2019, it's 4 down, 1 to go.

On the Monday morning of Glastonbury 2017, I stared out of the back of a still bumping Bimble Inn at the sun rising, and said to the place, "see you in 2 years". And now I can scarcely 5 years of my life will have ticked by instead.

Same. Crazy really. I like to reflect at each glasto where my life has changed, and where things have gone. Remember seeing Ed Sheerans set finish (against my will) and we waited a little while for the field to empty a bit. Surrounded by empty cups and bottles and chairs, the screen showed up 'See you in 2018!' and i took a second to think about how my life would change by the next time I came. Turns out it will be at least 5 years, and i'll have an 18 month old!