Glasthomebury 2021

JoeyT

*Leave any COVID chat at the door*

Shall we use this thread as a place to ponder what might have been & also as a meeting place for the next week or so?

What are your plans for the weekend?

What would you have been doing?

BBC have dropped their sets early for those interested: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b007r6vx/glastonbury

Edited by JoeyT
  • Like 1

We have a big communal garden, so we're having a mini Glasto out back. We constructed a projector viewing place outside for the football, so that'll do for sets. I ordered a load of festival flags and will make a big chili. When my neighbour was drunk the other day he said he would set his decks up and DJ out of the window (doubtful this bit will actually happen). Another guy does magic tricks so we're gonna make him sit in the polytunnel all day with a magicians hat on (well, maybe not all day).

Should be nice 🙂

Edited by Sasperella

Really interested on who the headliners would have been for this. Kendrick seemed the only one who was planning to be around this summer. I reckon Dua Lipa would have been topping the bill, and maybe someone a bit duff like Kings of Leon.

As for the weekend, hopefully we'll spend it in the garden with the iPad set up and a load of G+Ts! Hope they put up some deeper cut Glasto sets this time around and don't copy and paste the iPlayer offering from last year.

Feels a bit more exciting this time around vs last year, with some more exciting names announcing tour dates for 2022 and other festivals going ahead, at least as pilots. More of a chance to look forward to next year as well as celebrate the past. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

It's weird to think that in years gone by today would be my last day at work before going to the festival.

I would have been counting down the minutes until Worthy FM went live at midday.

I always work the Mon & Tues but all thoughts would firmly be on the Weather Thread on here and general excitement amongst my friends! 

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It's weird to think that in years gone by today would be my last day at work before going to the festival.

I would have been counting down the minutes until Worthy FM went live at midday.

God, the amount of times in the last few days that I've pondered how intolerable my excitement levels would be by this point!

My traditional Glasto homecoming trip involves touching down in London on Thursday the week before, spending the weekend there and back to Frome on Sunday. Taxi to the showground very early Wednesday morning.

So on a regular year, I’d be with my parents this at this point. Sigh. 

Don’t intend to do anything Glastonbury related this weekend but am very excited for the uptick in excitement and posts here when it finally becomes less than a year until the next festival. 

For us a few sets on the telly and maybe the Rum shack. Have the time off from Thursday and the following week, might try an all nighter and watch the sun rise if the weather allows, plenty of music and booze. Otherwise other stuff planned this week

Edited by fred quimby

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

God, the amount of times in the last few days that I've pondered how intolerable my excitement levels would be by this point!

Next year they will be on another level all together. I might actually pop with excitement, which will look odd on my death cert